Rumor About State Tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see i dont like that they are moving these things to the "boro" because on our day off durin the tournament...before the championship game...we like to go out and do stuff and the "boro" doesnt have too many options so... that stinks...

So true my friend. So true. I spend time watching a lot of soccer in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, anywhere you can imagine in Tennessee. Georgia and Virginia too.

Murfreesboro has the worst restaurants in the state, no entertainment, and the most boring atmosphere for the state tournament.

Besides, you can't replace Finley Stadium as the perfect place to play a championship game! Especially not a soccer park.

To CaraByrd, I'm not sure why they wouldn't choose the site near Siegel over the Smyrna site. It makes more sense being IN Murfreesboro. But my credible sources have Smyrna as the front runner right now. Who knows why?

id rather not drive 35 minutes just to get to nashville im sorry...

and i agree with the whole not playing at a park because then the fields...if anything like memphis are not so good...especially if select teams play on them so much...

i didnt mind playing at memphis too much... the fields werent to great but everything was nearby and there were plenty of things to do for those lucky to get the free day...

but im not too worried about the entertainment part that much because from chattanooga we will prob. go back to school on that friday... so... and besides it would be better if u could stay concentrated.... i guess... even though its some great memories spending time with the boys away from home.

• 2 weeks later...

you must of eat ryans buffet now thats bad if you are having a soccer tournament that should be your only entertainment

No, I can't say that I've eaten at Ryan's in Murfreesboro. That restaurant is bad no matter where you go.

I've probably eaten at 15 or 16 restaurants in Murfreesboro, and they all stink. Logan's Roadhouse is usually good, but it's terrible in Murfreesboro. You can usually trust Papa John's and Pizza Hut, but they're both terrible in the boro. The Demo's is horrible compared to the one in downtown Nashville, even the Dairy Queen tastes weird compared to the others across America.

And almost none of the restaurants stay open after 9:00 on week nights like they do everywhere else in the U.S., and almost nobody will take a credit card in the boro, even franchises that usually do take plastic in other cities.

It's a strange place. Many people have noticed these same disturbing facts about Rutherford County. It's very odd. And the slow traffic. MY GOODNESS!!!

Edited by peterw

No, I can't say that I've eaten at Ryan's in Murfreesboro. That restaurant is bad no matter where you go.

I've probably eaten at 15 or 16 restaurants in Murfreesboro, and they all stink. Logan's Roadhouse is usually good, but it's terrible in Murfreesboro. You can usually trust Papa John's and Pizza Hut, but they're both terrible in the boro. The Demo's is horrible compared to the one in downtown Nashville, even the Dairy Queen tastes weird compared to the others across America.

And almost none of the restaurants stay open after 9:00 on week nights like they do everywhere else in the U.S., and almost nobody will take a credit card in the boro, even franchises that usually do take plastic in other cities.

It's a strange place. Many people have noticed these same disturbing facts about Rutherford County. It's very odd. And the slow traffic. MY GOODNESS!!!

well you if you hate restaurant food so much you can drive down to tullahoma and my grandma's ham hock chili

what are you talking about....every place here takes credit cards. I wouldn't be able to eat if it wasn't for that. Although I do agree...M'boro doesn't exactly have the nightlife that people would be looking for during a state tournaments.

The state tourney would be better in Murfreesboro....it's the center of the state...

And except for Finley Statium...Chattanooga fields are terrible. And not only that, Murfreesboro has the best food in the southeast to go with their unsurpassed sporting venues.

We're talking about Murfreesboro, Tennessee?????? I think you drank the koolaid at the M'boro Chamber of Commerce! Actually there is nothing really wrong with the field at CCS, except that it is at CCS...I don't think A/AA should play there, but AAA or DII could. A/AA could play at Baylor, etc.

We're talking about Murfreesboro, Tennessee?????? I think you drank the koolaid at the M'boro Chamber of Commerce! Actually there is nothing really wrong with the field at CCS, except that it is at CCS...I don't think A/AA should play there, but AAA or DII could. A/AA could play at Baylor, etc.

Do you really think that Chattanooga is that much better????? Way in the corner of the state???? Memphis is just as bad. I have never been to Baylors field, but parking is an issue their, I've been their for cross country matches. I guess GPS is pretty nice, again, maybe parking issues.....CCS is nothing real special, The bleachers are small and it doesnt give you the feel of big time state championship.

And by the way I do like the koolaid at the M'boro Chamber of Commerse :D

Do you really think that Chattanooga is that much better????? Way in the corner of the state???? Memphis is just as bad. I have never been to Baylors field, but parking is an issue their, I've been their for cross country matches. I guess GPS is pretty nice, again, maybe parking issues.....CCS is nothing real special, The bleachers are small and it doesnt give you the feel of big time state championship.

And by the way I do like the koolaid at the M'boro Chamber of Commerse :D

I'm thinking more about the field that the ladies play on and less about the stadium where we put our rear end! I never sit down anyway so the stands are secondary. Actually the girls like taking a bit of a trip..makes the experience a little more special so going more than 30 minutes form Nashville for them (at least) is a positive! AS for the KOOLAID OK, but don't drink and drive..that stuff must be way strong!!!!