Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

coachh17

OK, I get it! But I purposely didn't want to say anything about Rikki or Val. And I agree with you, CyclonePride; Rikki was simply an uncanny offensive rebounder; also the best I've ever seen at that. I happen to think you'll see her play early and often for Coach Aubrey at Milligan.

But I think that that - finding their own identity - will be the biggest challenge for the Lady Cyclones. And that might be the best thing going for them. Coach Weems, a new face, a new attitude, a new identity.

Remember, they had little to no depth last season, which is why I think that they will amaze us all this year. The Sophomore group, plus Gouge, Jones, and Towle, will ALL see the court. Coach Weems will leave no stone unturned during all the pre-conference action.

And I'm sticking with my first impression. Bush is recovered, Micheala will show amazing maturity this season. Eden will have a tremendous senior season; Cameron is improved by leaps and bounds. Fritz, Jones, Gouge, Towle, etc., etc.. It's going to be a Great Season. Count on it!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachh17:

Tryouts today and tommorrow. No decision on varsity/JV make-up. With ten returning varsity players, not many open spots. Michaela's "little" ( 6') sister will definitely get one IMHO. He may keep more than 12. I will let you know when it becomes official.

Krich:

I like your optimism. Look for Mariah to help in the post as well.

Thanks. I'll be working late tomorrow, but I will check back Wednesday.

Since when do you work late?!

How can you expect Elizabethton to continue their success, when this is the last group that you coached in jr high coming through? You & many esteemed colleagues under estimate the effect you had on these past successful years!

Still wish you would've waited for your turn....However as in the past (softball), you probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

I need an e-mail address street punk!!!

Coachh17's greatness is without bounds. He would have been a great fit for the Lady Cyclones. I recall his varsity coaching debut in 2003 winning by 33. I'm still trying to recover from that crushing defeat. Luckily for the rest of the state that was his only game at the helm. Otherwise it would have been a golden ball in the trophy case at EHS. :rolleyes: Hope all is well with you. Good luck with your career.

Since when do you work late?!

How can you expect Elizabethton to continue their success, when this is the last group that you coached in jr high coming through? You & many esteemed colleagues under estimate the effect you had on these past successful years!

Still wish you would've waited for your turn....However as in the past (softball), you probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

I need an e-mail address street punk!!!

Just got home from a federal mediation contract dispute, but we got a tentative agreement. Thanks for the kind words. Shoot me an e-mail at hfarthing@tea.nea.org and tell me how your health and your family are.

Coachh17's greatness is without bounds. He would have been a great fit for the Lady Cyclones. I recall his varsity coaching debut in 2003 winning by 33. I'm still trying to recover from that crushing defeat. Luckily for the rest of the state that was his only game at the helm. Otherwise it would have been a golden ball in the trophy case at EHS. :thumb: Hope all is well with you. Good luck with your career.

Brother Andy,

Thanks for the kind words. I did enjoy winning my only varsity game, just hate that it came at the expense of your Lady Pioneers. I am loving my new job, but it is strange not coaching in November. Have a great season.

Coachh17:

Tryouts today and tommorrow. No decision on varsity/JV make-up. With ten returning varsity players, not many open spots. Michaela's "little" ( 6') sister will definitely get one IMHO. He may keep more than 12. I will let you know when it becomes official.

Krich:

I like your optimism. Look for Mariah to help in the post as well.

Thanks Fan,

And I'm not attempting to Over-estimate the potential of this team, though we all know that potential and a dime (well, now it's more like a buck-fifty) will get you a cup of coffee.

....Also, for the names I haven't mentioned: it's not intentional; I haven't seen them practice; and I realize that they have several very good players waiting in the wings.

I'm betting on the redhead (dang it, no memory :ph34r: ) to garner one of those jerseys.

Tryouts over and several were cut. Kept seven freshmen I think, 21 or 22 overall. Started with over 35 a month ago in voluntary conditioning workouts.

JV/varsity breakdown still not totally settled, but I think you are right krich in your comment. Of course you would like her as a player, she's got a ranger connection!

Edited by CycloneFan

Tryouts over and several were cut. Kept seven freshmen I think, 21 or 22 overall. Started with over 35 a month ago in voluntary conditioning workouts.

JV/varsity breakdown still not totally settled, but I think you are right krich in your comment. Of course you would like her as a player, she's got a ranger connection!

Gosh, I wish I could get out more. Truth is I'm going more by what a very knowledgeable fan (and parent) has told me. I need to see a couple practice sessions.

Ranger connection, huh? Oh well, my recruiters aren't doing their jobs.