Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

coachh17

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps TN High and the Cyclones will have a chance to play in TN Highs tournament the first weekend in december. The cyclones play AAA Collierville in the first round. Any of you TN High people know the rest of the bracket?

Fan, maybe I can help. First time I have posted on here so if I am wrong blame Bright or Tiller. By the way he is recovering from having Appendix Removed Friday.

Elizabethon Vs. Collierville

TN. High Vs. Rye Cove

J.J. Kelly Vs. Arch Bishop

Happy Valley Vs. Claiborne Co.

Thanks Viking. Hope Charlie recovers quickly.

And what a tournament bracket! Potential semi matchup of Vikings and Cyclones if they can take care of business. My guess on other semi would be ArchBishop Carroll and Claiborne County, although JJ Kelly always has a good team and HV may surprise CC. I know CC is one of the favorites this year in District 2AA.

'Bout time for the real stuff to begin. Although you can never replace Rikki and her board work or Val and her defense / speed (out of control quite often), this group should be more team oriented. Not that the above two weren't team players, but the girls of '06 should have a more balanced team. I look forward to seeing them in action with Coach Weems who I think was a dandy pick for the job. Good luck Cylcones......... ;)

Also looking forward to catching some of the Baughman show at Milligan ;)

Cyclones, you all will enjoy Coach Weems...we did last year @ D-B...he is a good coach and a good man...he is a very solid teacher...well prepared and will have his team that way...adjusts well during the flow of a game...good luck to Coach Weems and the Lady Cyclones...

GLee,

Thank you very much for the kind words on another thread...they are greatly appreciated.

Roll Tribe Roll

coachh, your mighty TA Dugger Lady Cyclones took one on the nose last night by the Happy Valley Lady Warriors. Don't know if that class is going to be as good as you thought. Happy Valley was up 20 with 2 minutes to play when the subs came in. Game ended in an 11 point win for the Warriors. Also the big Lady Warriors beat the Lady Cyclones in the Jamboree. Maybe the time for the Lady Warriors is near. Thoughts?

Not so fast my friend. I don't think TAD standout Jasmine Jefferson played in the game due to an injury. Not taking anything away from the Valley's middle school team though, Coach Hill always has them prepared. As for the Jamboree, it looked like Elizabethton had control until Coach Weems tested his bench. Elizabethton has occasionally played possum in Jamborees. I still think the Cyclones will have a better season than the Warriors. Time will tell.

Screen and Roll:

As I said on another thread, I think HV will be in the mix this year in the newly revamped Watauga Conference/District One AA. They showed what they were made of last night in the jamboree falling behind by 10 in the first qtr only to come back and dominate the second qtr. Now granted EHS played much of its bench in the second qtr but so did HV. HV has good quickness at the guard positions and defensively seems to be improved over last season. The cyclones are still adjusting to a new coach and he is adjusting to them. They will get better as the seasons goes along and I look for the cyclone bench to be a big asset this year.

As for the middle school game, TAD was missing Jefferson which hurt big time in the post. I understand that HV's middle school also has great quickness and they used it to create turnovers and easy baskets, which is sorta what happened in the jamboree game in the second qtr.