3a Mr. Football

The General

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could this even be a question there is no doubt that it's that kid from creekwood Ben Steverson #33 yeah he may only have 1,000 yards rushing and like 500 yards receiving but this kid just doesnt stop pushing I remember the CW vs. station camp game with 38 seconds left in the 4th and CW down 12 -8 he rushed 60 yards down field and broke like 12 tackles on the way and then again as he led CW to another comeback the following week. You may see 1000 rushing yards and think well anyone can do that but he's not like the other backs in the region who carry the ball 300-400 times a year and get like 1500 in a season because he shares the starting spot with a man who also has 1000 yards rushing Josh Vaughn. See if Ben was a full time starter imagine the yards he would have like almost 2000 or close

Michael Dallas from Macon County. He pretty much carried the team the whole season with the help of his O-line. Until they finally found a passing game toward the end of the season. He has like 1,400 yards rushing, and has broke the school record. The 1,400 yards that he got was against teams like Trousdale County, Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbrier, ect. He has not had an easy game all year. They play Dekalb this week and he peobably won't play much because of the playoffs. So hands down the is the best. If you ever see him play you will understand.

Michael Dallas from Macon County. He pretty much carried the team the whole season with the help of his O-line. Until they finally found a passing game toward the end of the season. He has like 1,400 yards rushing, and has broke the school record. The 1,400 yards that he got was against teams like Trousdale County, Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbrier, ect. He has not had an easy game all year. They play Dekalb this week and he peobably won't play much because of the playoffs. So hands down the is the best. If you ever see him play you will understand.

I agree. He is a great back.

With Greenbrier facing the teams that we have this year, I'd have to say that Dallas was the one back that seemed to give it 110% on every carry. He was definitely the hardest runner and seemed to have the right attitude. What may hurt his chances, as well as McMurray and Ladd, is that the award went to a middle Tennessee player last year. West Tennessee the year before. This might give East Tennessee little better odds. Granted, it wouldn't be the fair way to judge it but it's possible. I'd have to guess that Ladd might have a shot since he was a finalist last year and the WH program always has good publicity. McMurray has had a lot of yards each year so that might give him a little more of an edge too.

With Greenbrier facing the teams that we have this year, I'd have to say that Dallas was the one back that seemed to give it 110% on every carry. He was definitely the hardest runner and seemed to have the right attitude. What may hurt his chances, as well as McMurray and Ladd, is that the award went to a middle Tennessee player last year. West Tennessee the year before. This might give East Tennessee little better odds. Granted, it wouldn't be the fair way to judge it but it's possible. I'd have to guess that Ladd might have a shot since he was a finalist last year and the WH program always has good publicity. McMurray has had a lot of yards each year so that might give him a little more of an edge too.

I think Ricky Ladd has to get this one. He started slow the 1st. 3 games of the season, trying to get rid of an ankle injury, but has pranced through everyones secondary ever since. One game he rushed only 8 times for 180 yards. Who else averages 20 yards a carry in a game? Take the 1st. 3 games away when he was still injured & he averages @ 10 - 14 yards per cary for the year. He deserves it - he's the only offense White House has had this year, which is very uncharacteristic. That hasn't helped him at all, since every team knows we can't complete a pass. Go Ricky!!!!

I think Michael Dallas has proven himself worthy of the award he has been running against a 9 man defensive front for the biggest part of the year.just lately has macon found somewhat ofa passing game taking a little pressure away from Michael he has carried the load offensively throughout the season relying upon a line with a lot of heart.I know he has touched the ball a lot this year but he has had to and has ran the ball surpurbly.

I think Michael Dallas deserves it. But i seriously doubt it. Because no one from Macon County gets anything. The only way this kid stands a snow balls chance is if the bigger schools like Greenbrier, White House, Pearl Cohn, Trousdale suggest him and maybe the people in the communities there help him out if they seen him play.

Oh and were do you find the result and information of Mr. Football Candidates at on here?

Guest catfish-hunter

I'm saying Kendall Bell (Cheatham Co.)

Kendall has thrown for 935 yards and 16TD's and ran for 531 yards and 11TD's this season through nine games for the Cubs. In total that is 1,466 yards of total offense and a total of 27TD's in nine games.

How does a kid average over 160 yards of total offense and 3TD's per game through nine games and his team is outstanding (the Cubs are 7-2 overall) and yet not get any recognition????

I think Michael Dallas deserves it. But i seriously doubt it. Because no one from Macon County gets anything. The only way this kid stands a snow balls chance is if the bigger schools like Greenbrier, White House, Pearl Cohn, Trousdale suggest him and maybe the people in the communities there help him out if they seen him play.

Oh and were do you find the result and information of Mr. Football Candidates at on here?

I agree totally, Dallas is the best back I've ever saw. Besides T.T. Harper from Hartsville. But that's it. :ph34r: