District 2aa 2005-06

tigerball12

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what little I have seen from both teams, both have 2 main players, but I think the game will be decided on which team gains the intensity and keeps it the longest. Both teams are almost unstoppable when the intensity belongs to them. Claiborne will have the advantage of home court and home crowd. It will be up to Cumberland Gap to overcome that and play intense basketball if they want to upset Claiborne at home.

I have seen both teams this year. I saw Anderson County take away Estes and Nickell and come away with a close win. I think Claiborne's role players are good, but limited as scorers. CG must get a good game from Brim. If Claiborne's quick little point guards can take away Brim's penetration, I think Fultz will be limited in what he can do. Estes and Nickell can create their own shots, so you must limit their touches. If you try to go up and down the court with Claiborne, you'll get a Rutledge type score. CG must hit some threes, get good creation from Brim, and Fultz needs some easy put backs. Claiborne by 6.....Should be an excellent game..

I have seen both teams this year. I saw Anderson County take away Estes and Nickell and come away with a close win. I think Claiborne's role players are good, but limited as scorers. CG must get a good game from Brim. If Claiborne's quick little point guards can take away Brim's penetration, I think Fultz will be limited in what he can do. Estes and Nickell can create their own shots, so you must limit their touches. If you try to go up and down the court with Claiborne, you'll get a Rutledge type score. CG must hit some threes, get good creation from Brim, and Fultz needs some easy put backs. Claiborne by 6.....Should be an excellent game..

I agree that both teams have 2 main go to players that they rely on to score. But saying that i also believe that there are other players that can get the job done too, like Clay bisceglia he can step up and knock down just as many big 3's late in the game as anybody. I also believe that most teams that would try to go up and down the court with claiborne would end up with a rutledge type score, but not Cumberlabnd Gap they can run the floor with the best of them, I have also seen both teams play both teams can shoot and both teams can run. If it is a transition game like i would say both teams would like i can see the score pushing 100 but still only being seperated by 3 or 4 points. Estes and Nickell I think will be contained Cumberland Gap have pretty good defenders. I have CG by 8

I agree that both teams have 2 main go to players that they rely on to score. But saying that i also believe that there are other players that can get the job done too, like Clay bisceglia he can step up and knock down just as many big 3's late in the game as anybody. I also believe that most teams that would try to go up and down the court with claiborne would end up with a rutledge type score, but not Cumberlabnd Gap they can run the floor with the best of them, I have also seen both teams play both teams can shoot and both teams can run. If it is a transition game like i would say both teams would like i can see the score pushing 100 but still only being seperated by 3 or 4 points. Estes and Nickell I think will be contained Cumberland Gap have pretty good defenders. I have CG by 8

I wasn't trying to dis Clay, but his game relies on Brim's ability ti create for him. Catholic took away Brim which nullified most of CG's offense, at least on that night. Clay is a very solid player and a great shooter.....Let me know how it goes.

I wasn't trying to dis Clay, but his game relies on Brim's ability ti create for him. Catholic took away Brim which nullified most of CG's offense, at least on that night. Clay is a very solid player and a great shooter.....Let me know how it goes.

Will do, Sorry for making it sound like u was dising clay wasn't my intension

Cumberland Gap beat the Claiborne Bulldogs 62 - 56, was not an easy victocy at all. Both team had the lead the whole way throught the game. Andrew nickell playedgood for claiborne but it was the combination of tyler brim and clay bisceglia's shooting and brims driving to the hole, and A.J. Fultz taking control of te paint that sealed the victory for the panthers. AJ Fultz was what you might call possessed in the fourth quarter controling the paint and the glass. All and all a great win for the panthers, i hope they have alot of confidence heading into GP next week.

GOOD JOB PANTHERS!!!!

Panther go to GP friday night any thoughts on the match up???

CG has the better team and talent. No one from GP should be able to stop Fultz, but GP is very capable of winning against anyone in the district as they proved with Rutledge. They are a hard working, well coached, blue collar team that has played very up and down this year. Should the good, close, entertaining game that we have come to expect in district 2-AA.