Elizabethton Vs Daniel Boone

4down1

EHS has beaten Unicoi (0-10) Central (1-9) North (5-5) (East 5-5) and Johnson County (6-4). In the South game EHS should have won but didn't. They looked like they were finally getting things together but then comes the East game and it goes back to the same ole same ole and it is 100% the coaches who goofed the team up. The ones that follow the program know what I am talking about. There is no excuse for the decision that was made and the coaches who made the decision can talk to they are blue in the face and still no one will believe them. So I feel for the players but the coaches deserve to lose and I will take Boone 20-13.

VD, You know that I agree with alot of what you say, but I can't go with the notion that the coaches deserve to lose so the players should just take it on the chin and wait for next year. The future is now for the young men on the field and they are prepared to grasp that 'feeling', despite any coaching decisions. A coach should put his best team on the field and I don't agree with them on how they handle those situations. Eventually they will lose a coach and possibly a player or two because of such decisions, but I don't think there will be a 'lay down' because that is what the coaches deserve??? The entire area knows that Besty should have had a much better year and that is what would haunt me if I were the 'handler' of the team. It's not right but none of us are in a position to change what goes on at Elizabethton High School. Other schools are the option. Now if you are going with Boone because you feel they are the better team, then I have no gripe, but don't pick your team to lose because you don't agree with this season's coaching decisions.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boone will win because EHS coaches will screw up something or waste a needed timeout that will come back and bite them.

As you know I have been harping on this subject for years, so now I am thinking if they underachieve really bad like this year they will be some changes made. I am probably wrong because they have yes men in place and they can ha! ha! and be all buddy buddy because the coaches will not rock the boat. This boat needs rocked because it is sinking really fast. Like I said before when I saw what happened during the first quarter of the East game I turned on them. Everyone involved in that decision should be let go when this season ends. I do not want to hear the coaches lies,alibies or excuses.

I think Boone will win because EHS coaches will screw up something or waste a needed timeout that will come back and bite them.

As you know I have been harping on this subject for years, so now I am thinking if they underachieve really bad like this year they will be some changes made. I am probably wrong because they have yes men in place and they can ha! ha! and be all buddy buddy because the coaches will not rock the boat. This boat needs rocked because it is sinking really fast. Like I said before when I saw what happened during the first quarter of the East game I turned on them. Everyone involved in that decision should be let go when this season ends. I do not want to hear the coaches lies,alibies or excuses.

RVD --- you still here? Its 11:30am

Now I understand where you are coming from. The kids don't deserve to lose unless they get outplayed, or in the coaches corner, get outcoached. I do know this for sure.......when they hired a couple of new non-football coaches, the coaches were told that they were there to win and that was a priority. You should know that from this summer. That thinking also tells me that the new administration may not put up with anything less and that is the way it should be. At the high school level, of course, education is first, but you should be held responsible for developing a winning program. Disipline and putting your best on the field helps that happen.

Edited by GLee

Now I understand where you are coming from. The kids don't deserve to lose unless they get outplayed, or in the coaches corner, get outcoached. I do know this for sure.......when they hired a couple of new non-football coaches, the coaches were told that they were there to win and that was a priority. You should know that from this summer. That thinking also tells me that the new administration may not put up with anything less and that is the way it should be. At the high school level, of course, education is first, but you should be held responsible for developing a winning program. Disipline and putting your best on the field helps that happen.

Winning is expected here and nothing less should be put up with... but if the director of schools is allowed to start charging the tution like he wants EHS will become nothing but a red headed step child so to speak. I would love to see from the standpoint of altheltics some consolidating of some schools in the city and county. even it meant a change of school colors and nickname so be it... i want elizabethton on top in the division and would love to see us become a power in all sports through out the state.

Forget the negativeisms Cow Town, there's a new kid in town. I read this morning that South's Phillips was the Press's player of the year in the Mt. Lakes. Well now, just take the games that Smith has started divide his numbers by the games started and multiply it by 10 and you have an identical set of numbers for Smith. Hummmm......

What if he had played QB all year. What kind of record would you Cow Towners have had? Anyway, a great year by Phillips.

I'll have to ride with Cow Town on this one, 21-14, but you really never know. Boone is favored by 4, but Cow Town was picked to win by the Press.

Forget the negativeisms Cow Town, there's a new kid in town. I read this morning that South's Phillips was the Press's player of the year in the Mt. Lakes. Well now, just take the games that Smith has started divide his numbers by the games started and multiply it by 10 and you have an identical set of numbers for Smith. Hummmm......

What if he had played QB all year. What kind of record would you Cow Towners have had? Anyway, a great year by Phillips.

I'll have to ride with Cow Town on this one, 21-14, but you really never know. Boone is favored by 4, but Cow Town was picked to win by the Press.

I am sure of this that coach pless and gang will have the troops ready, we are battle tested, we have some things to prove, the kids and coaching staff is not happy with the 5-5 record. we have never lost to boone, some of the kids i have talked to do not want to be known as the first team to loose to them... we will be ready i say cyclones 34 boone 12.............

Winning is expected here and nothing less should be put up with... but if the director of schools is allowed to start charging the tution like he wants EHS will become nothing but a red headed step child so to speak. I would love to see from the standpoint of altheltics some consolidating of some schools in the city and county. even it meant a change of school colors and nickname so be it... i want elizabethton on top in the division and would love to see us become a power in all sports through out the state.

If we lose those kids because of tuition, I'm not sure, but we may become a AA school in football. Now we are a AAA school (like the 13th smallest in the state) playing AAAA football.

If we lose those kids because of tuition, I'm not sure, but we may become a AA school in football. Now we are a AAA school (like the 13th smallest in the state) playing AAAA football.

true....... i would like to see roper ran out of town, and not necessary because of the deal with Ed. since i dont know both sides of the story i want pass any judgement on that issue, but i do feel like there is more than meets eye on that. and i think elizabethton needs to wake up places to eat is not going to increase our population. we need some good paying jobs here to bring people in which would increase our enrollment. or like you said we are AA bound. which too me would be a disgrace

You never know when I might pop up on here. Yes if they lose anymore students then they can forget athletics in 4a. Back in the late 80's early 90's there was 900-1000 students at the high school but not now. Who knows what will happen next election but whomever gets elected needs to remember the students come first not some grudge they have held against someone for a decade and then lie and say it is best for the system.

ENOUGH with politics.

The Cyclones had one of the most productive days of practice that they have had all year. Nice work by the coaches and the players. Alot of information was verbalized to prepare the young men and they reacted to the challege in a very upbeat way. Like I said, it was some nice work. Good to see and hopefully it will relate into some good 'stuff' come Friday night. The Blazers will be an extemely tough opponent to manage and the message was very clear on that matter.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!

I am sure of this that coach pless and gang will have the troops ready, we are battle tested, we have some things to prove, the kids and coaching staff is not happy with the 5-5 record. we have never lost to boone, some of the kids i have talked to do not want to be known as the first team to loose to them... we will be ready i say cyclones 34 boone 12.............

I and my team mates aren't ones to complain but come on...like Rodney Dangerfield (please excuse my spelling if it is wrong) "we get no respect" i thought we might have proved ourselves this year but I guess we will have to try again on Friday to gain some respect.