Region 5aa

reddevil44

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not aware of any region awards given out each year, but I think the QB at ER, Andrews, is at the top of my list. He was impressive and ER would not be the same team without him.

I would second that, he and the tailback from ER are the most dangerous weapons I have seen on a Region 5 team this year.

One thing is for dang sure, it will come from and East Robertson player. My first pick would be Tico Andrews, but since lately Carlos Hudson has been the one beating teams(for instance DCA) then he might win it.

Hudson would be my pick. Tico is a great QB but sometimes tries to make stuff happen when theres nothing there and get in to trouble. Now before anyone hollars at me I admit I've only seen one ER game but Tico (mini vick) had 3 ints in the first half.

My humble opinion all the way from Australia. Sorry to miss my Lions last game against GP.

I only saw ER play once (CPA), but I would choose Hudson over Andrews. Hudson has meant so much to ER for the last few years, he is a better defensive player (big hitter), and he makes more things happen in so many aspects of the game (especially kick returns).

Tough choice as Andrews is a great talent and had some big plays against us, but he also made some bad decisions when he got pressured. Is he a junior? If so, I take Hudson (even though it is not an official award). Honor the senior - Andrews will be MVP next year.

Edited by divepix

Hudson is my pick. Tico does an awesome job at qb, but Carlos has started and led the team to victories since his freshman year. He is always double-teamed and still manages to move the ball into the endzone. I agree that Tico is a good candidate for next year, but this is Hudson's Senior Year... - he should win the title.

Edited by East High CheerCpt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmm……doe dee doe doe….i drove the lawnmower down to practice today…….hmmmm…… we got some new faces………. One can run faster than my lawnmower in fifth gear…… a few will be disappointed come November that they jumped ship and went down to that sewage facility……. You can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job.