Who Will Be All Region For Region 6-2a?

waverly tigers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be close between Boyd and Smith but I would have to go with Smith. He ran the ball better against the top 2 teams. Don't forget that he is on the field for most of the snaps. I do not think that he gets enough credit. Look at the Jackson Sun when they featured RB in West TN, Smith should have been in there. If I had a vote, he would have mine. B) I think that Brasher, Mckormick, Gilbet along with several other Panthers should be all region. B)

Boyd is a much better back than Smith and the numbers prove it. Boyds stats: 159 rushes, 1526 yards, 9.6 yards per carry, and 22 touchdowns to Smiths: 212 rushes, 1523 yards, 7.2 yards per carry, and 19 touchdowns. If Boyd got that many carries, it would amount to an extra 509 yards giving him a total of 2035. Also, Boyd scores a td for every 7 carries. Using the same numbers he would also have 30 tds. Boyd gets criticized and it is only because he doesn't get to carry the ball very much. Smith gets it 6 more times a game than Boyd. Boyd plays within an offense where the carries are shared. People think he had a bad game against Lewis Co, but he only had 12 carries. I don't want to take anything away from Smith by any means, I think he is a terrific back; I would take him anyday on a team of mine, but I just think Boyd is better. Just an opinion. I think at qb you have to go for Lamm at Loretto or the kid at Richland. On defense, I think that Leonard from Camden, McCormick and Gilbert from Riverside, and #40 for Richland are the best defensive players in the region, not just at linebacker. And the Colley kid from Lewis Co. is probably the best db.