All-tournament Team

col

u r right megan is the best player on the team she had many accomplishments in her high school career...she made all state last year and didn't even play half the season....not takin ne thing away from grace cause she is an amazing player to just not as good as megan imo...

Both Baylor and JPll had great teams with a slight edge to JPll because of Megan and Grace. The difference in the game this year was the coaching strategy of JPll which totally threw Baylor off balance. This year instead of Megan going north and south she stayed in the mid-field and was going east and west spreading the field and using the wings. JPll used the possesion game and it worked as it usually does. If there is a weakness of the Baylor team it is the lack of possesion soccer. This also allowed Megan to help on defense which she did a great job of. Another strategy was putting Grace on the left side of the field instead of the right. In 2003 and 2004 JPll got totally out coached, this year the coaching edge goes to the JPll coach. congratulations!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP2 is more than a very good team, they were a much better team than FRA when they played head to head. I understand injuries hamper many teams, but if one injury on one player has such a drastic impact I would wonder about the strength of the TEAM :thumb:

Please remember that the FRA coach started clearing his bench at 3-0. JPII was having senior night and pulled their seniors with 4 minutes to go in the game after going up 5-0. I said earlier that the first goal was offsides, but that happens. One goal was an amazing shot out from about the 25...I don't think anyone stops that (any team, any division, any amount of multiplier, etc....a great shot). I can't say for sure, from where I was but goal 3 looked offsides as well. I think all being equal, JPII would have won 2-0, but the real score was 5-0 and we're ok with that. The FRA coach said before the game that he wanted his defense and his goalie to get some action to get them ready for the tournament....GEE, I guess it worked! Way to go Coach! Congrats to 2 State Champions! The only real test would be to put them on Finley for a Championship game...that is a totally different arena, set of circumstances, etc. that would bring out different things in each team...we can all wonder about what might have been....that's what makes sports interesting!

I am sure, I can find games where there is a common opponent with FRA and JPII; and JPII may have beaten them by more goals. By the way, JPII outshot CCS 26 to 3 and it was their game to win or lose, on that day, they could not buy the net. It does not prove anything, the only thing that counts is the head to head match. All I want to say is that both programs are very good and they both won their respective Divisions in the State. I will say that FRA did an outstanding job defending their title by shutting out their opponents during their last 9 games but to be fair I believe that JPII had a more difficult task of getting through a very tough DIV II regional and state tournament. JPII remove all the monkeys on their backs this season by beating Father Ryan twice and the 4-time State Champs Baylor High School.

I just wish everyone would stay positive, the season is now over!!

:thumb:

What you have to know is that FRA's coach shows class and will not let his team go over a certain mark. I think it may be like a 6 goal lead on a team. If they do, they have to run hills. I'm not sure of the scores of the JPII games, and I don't know what their coach does etc., but I do know what McDonalad does for FRA

What you have to know is that FRA's coach shows class and will not let his team go over a certain mark. I think it may be like a 6 goal lead on a team. If they do, they have to run hills. I'm not sure of the scores of the JPII games, and I don't know what their coach does etc., but I do know what McDonalad does for FRA

It is true that punishment for scoring too many goals means running the hills. A double digit lead is the "official" rule for punishment but Coach Mac has definitely kept it tighter at around 6 this year. Once a forward has scored a second or third goal, even if they have only played 15 minutes, it's the bench for the rest of the half and then maybe 15 minutes in the second half playing defense. It is impossible to accumulate big numbers like some teams. Coach does his best not to humiliate the opposing team. Once we are 3 goals ahead, he starts subing. There has been games this season where if he kept his starting forwards and midfield in, the score would have gotten ridiculous, but once you've won, you've won. For this reason you can't look at our scores and realistically compare talent.

Edited by futbolfan7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...