Who Will Win The DII-AAA Title Game?

rollredroll

I have been watching my Eagles from a distance the past few weeks. We seem to be improving, yet we continue to get outclassed by these DII opponents. Being a mid-80's BA guy, I guess I was spoiled by the cupcakes we once played. At the time though I was convinced we could play with the MBA and McCallie's of the world.

Should we win the first round, I'd call the season a success. I'm just afraid I'm going to have to change my name to 'Noballs' with the tough schedule ahead.

Hey noballs, have a little faith. The old ball coach is still around and could give C. Bros. all they can handle. Eliminating the turnovers could propell the Eagles into, yes, another state championship game. That funny shaped ball bounces crazy and it is anyones game. AS for the "cupcakes" in the 80's, we played some pretty good teams. We played anyone that would play us no matter what class. I was there during that time and we just had the dudes and teamwork to get it done. So maybe there were some gimmes, but we were just simply good enough to make most teams look like "cupcakes." MBA,McCallie,Gallatin, Dickson,Riverdale, none of those teams were even close to us. I Know the 88 team would have won against any team, any place, any time.

BRENTWOOD HAIL TO THEE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys seem to count Baylor out of every prediction. They really have a great team and I believe they can give MUS all they want. I like Baylor and CBHS in the final at MTSU. I believe Baylor feels like they can win the big game after tonight. Keep pounding them Coop!!

I'm sure MUS doesn't count them out after what happened last season. Baylor can beat any team in the league on a given night, as can all the playoff teams.

"And if that elusive meteor had hit the MBA side of the field, Baylor might have won in OT"

How much damage was done to the MBA side of the field when the meteor hit?

Gotta give both teams credit; after MBA's early troubles this year, Coach Rutledge and staff did a fantastic job of rallying the troops. Great win for Baylor after getting whipped pretty good last week. Defense played well again

Edited by Chattcity

I would certainly believe that MUS will not be counting Baylor out. But it seems that MUS has been in the same tough situation many of times before, and I believe with all the experience that MUS has in big playoff games will be an advantage. Not to mention a 5-6 hour drive will certainly be tough on Baylor. I think that the game will be a close one. But I like MUS in this one, but it's the playoffs, anything CAN happen.

i think that the title is still up for grabs. anyone can win it. i personally think that MUS will beat Baylor. Brentwood always seems to be a different team in the playoffs. the past two years we (CBHS) have beaten Brentwood in the regular season but they have ended our season in the playoffs. it will be a tough game between us and Brentwood and the winner of our game will most likely face MUS for the state title.

GO BROTHERS

Baylor certainly has been playing well lately. Today's paper said they have won

4 out of their last 5, the lone loss being the 14-0 loss to MBA. I htink both underdogs really have a chance this week. It depends on how the one week layoff effects CBHS and MUS. Did Baylor or BA have any injuries this past week?

i think that the title is still up for grabs. anyone can win it. i personally think that MUS will beat Baylor. Brentwood always seems to be a different team in the playoffs. the past two years we (CBHS) have beaten Brentwood in the regular season but they have ended our season in the playoffs. it will be a tough game between us and Brentwood and the winner of our game will most likely face MUS for the state title.

GO BROTHERS

weht,

the name of the school is Brentwood Academy, not "Brentwood", if you want to abbreviate you can use BA. thank you. see you on friday.

GO EAGLES

weht,

the name of the school is Brentwood Academy, not "Brentwood", if you want to abbreviate you can use BA. thank you. see you on friday.

GO EAGLES

C'mon BAeaglefan - take that as a compliment. When he thinks of "Brentwood" he thinks of Brentwood Academy.

my hat is off to Baylor. These guys made the critical plays in the second half they had to to win the game...the killer sequence happened when Baylor tied the game at 7, intercepted MBA, and then when for the kill with the 35-yard pass to the MBA 1, and scored on the next play. In a span of less than a minute they took control of the game...then iced it with a fg when MBA still had some life. MBA's defense was effective all year but the offense just lacked any sort of punch, especially in the passing game...

all in all, as Rollredroll stated, the kids did a good job rebounding from the Byrnes debacle and put together a nice season. Still disappointing to lose a home play-off game. Hard for anyone in the Super 7 to beat a team in successive weeks.

my hat is off to Baylor. These guys made the critical plays in the second half they had to to win the game...the killer sequence happened when Baylor tied the game at 7, intercepted MBA, and then when for the kill with the 35-yard pass to the MBA 1, and scored on the next play. In a span of less than a minute they took control of the game...then iced it with a fg when MBA still had some life. MBA's defense was effective all year but the offense just lacked any sort of punch, especially in the passing game...

all in all, as Rollredroll stated, the kids did a good job rebounding from the Byrnes debacle and put together a nice season. Still disappointing to lose a home play-off game. Hard for anyone in the Super 7 to beat a team in successive weeks.

Agreed, hard to beat anyone twice in two weeks. Any thoughts on MUS vs. Baylor and BA vs. CBHS?

Agreed, hard to beat anyone twice in two weeks. Any thoughts on MUS vs. Baylor and BA vs. CBHS?

I think anyone can beat anyone at this point. The quality of ball in our league is really that good.....MUS, despite the earlier loss to CBHS, really seems to have separated themselves from the pack this year. BA appears to be peaking offensively, putting up 38 points. Should be three great games left. I'll go with MUS over BA for the title...