Unicoi County Basketball 05-06

bluedevils#1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it should be 3 main teams with elizabethton, happy valley, and unicoi. etown will be a one man show again with nave. hv will lack inside play and rely on shooters and scrappy players. im not sure if uc has outside players. i know they lost a few but im not sure how many. should be alot of close conference games this year.

I THINK THE DEVILS WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD THEIR OWN THIS YEAR. AS FAR AS OUTSIDE YOU GOT WHITE AND HARDING PROBABLY. IKY UNDER THE BASKET AND NOT SURE WHO WILL BE THE OTHER TWO. THEY HAVE A COUPLE OF SOPHMORES THAT CAN HANDLE THEIR SELF PRETTY GOOD FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY OVER THE SUMMER. OF COURSE RYAN SCOTT WILL BE BACK WHO I MIGHT ADD IS AN AGGRESSIVE PLAYER BUT IVE NOT SEEN MUCH OF HIM OR THE OTHER GUY COMMING BACK TO PLAY FROM FOOTBALL. BUT ALL I REALY KNOW IS LETS HOPE FOR A GREAT SEASON AND MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN AND I SURE HOPE IT IS THE MIGHTY BLUEDEVILS

I THINK THE DEVILS WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD THEIR OWN THIS YEAR. AS FAR AS OUTSIDE YOU GOT WHITE AND HARDING PROBABLY. IKY UNDER THE BASKET AND NOT SURE WHO WILL BE THE OTHER TWO. THEY HAVE A COUPLE OF SOPHMORES THAT CAN HANDLE THEIR SELF PRETTY GOOD FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY OVER THE SUMMER. OF COURSE RYAN SCOTT WILL BE BACK WHO I MIGHT ADD IS AN AGGRESSIVE PLAYER BUT IVE NOT SEEN MUCH OF HIM OR THE OTHER GUY COMMING BACK TO PLAY FROM FOOTBALL. BUT ALL I REALY KNOW IS LETS HOPE FOR A GREAT SEASON AND MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN AND I SURE HOPE IT IS THE MIGHTY BLUEDEVILS

UNICOI WILL KICK EVERYONE'S BUTT THIS SEASON!

Unicoi will be as good or better than last year's substate team. They will be absolutely huge! Weaver 6-7, Shults 6-6, Rice 6-5, White 6-5, Hensley 6-4, and Scott 6-4. Whoever said they don't have outside players, is wrong. With McCormick runnin the point and drainin the 3's. Drew Rice and Ryan Scott are fresh out of football and ready to win some games. So both of them will tear it up this year. The Devils are for real this year.

Unicoi will be as good or better than last year's substate team. They will be absolutely huge! Weaver 6-7, Shults 6-6, Rice 6-5, White 6-5, Hensley 6-4, and Scott 6-4. Whoever said they don't have outside players, is wrong. With McCormick runnin the point and drainin the 3's. Drew Rice and Ryan Scott are fresh out of football and ready to win some games. So both of them will tear it up this year. The Devils are for real this year.

blue devil, do you think jessie will be the starting point guard or will ben get it? they both are good but from what ive seen over the summer ben is more consistant at the three's. there's no doubt these boys are big but they are going to have to have some good ball handling and watch turn overs and full court presses. that is where i think jessie is a little week. lets go big blue i cant wait!!!

If erwin doesn't win the conference it will be a shock. They do have great size. But they big players can really play. White is one of the best players around if he would play like it. The point is their only weakness, but they should be able to manage with McCormick and Hardin. Elizabethton will be the only team that could knock them off. Another thing, Erwin has the toughest place to play in next to Happy Valley.

Hardin is not a point guard, but may have to play there to get on the court. He doesnt have the quickness or ballhandling of a true point guard.

EHS will not be a one man show this year. The transfer from SH is real real good. Jordan Peters is back and can score. EHS should be much better than last year even without its leader Charles Peters. Unicoi will be tough to beat though.

Whoa, I think Ike at 6'7 is a bit of a reach. As well as Rice and White. White has long arms that make you think he is that big, but thats still a big stretch. They will be pretty tough but I wouldn't count out Happy Valley or Elizabethton. Any team with Caldwell or Nave has a good chance of winning. Happy Valley had a good JV and will give Unicoi a good run. I haven't seen the transfer from Science Hill play since middle school, but he used to be the glue with Wattad and Reid. He should help though.

i wouldnt go as far as to say it would be a shock if unicoi doesnt win. hv had all the size in the world last year and couldnt win it. its a whole lot easier to come in and win when ur not hyped up to be the best. the wind blows the hardest on the top of the hill. colton white and ike weaver should be unstoppable down below but they lost two huge players in ryan corn and hunter sparks. this is a team that doesnt have to have big 3 point ability if they have a pg that can feed it underneath with accuracy. personally, i look for either south greene or chuckey doak to come in and shake things up. hv could be great but they arent as mentally stable as other teams. one bad game and it could go all down hill. they will need confidence. nave, i mean elizabethton, will need the tempo on their side most games. it should be an exciting season for all teams though.