Grace Baptist Academy

gracekeeper12

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you idiots are saying that temple recruits since kindergarten? You are amazingly stupid. You obviously don't know anything so shut your freakin mouths

great point- i didn't realize that jeron was there since elementary school, i just asked someone from temple who graduated in that same class and he said that jeron had been there since either 2nd or 3rd grade....

Weren't the Mouw's enrolled at Grace until they went to the Temple basketball camp one summer? Then their dad got a job at Temple, and they switched schools? Correct me if I am wrong.

What's does that have to do with? I am not sure. Never heard about that. It just seems like a statement so people will get on here and make up stuff about temple and recruiting. Not saying you are trying to, but that comment is enough for people to take it and run with it. Mr Mouw got a job at the University. Not the high school.He later went on to teach one year at the high school. Now he doesn't teach there or at the college.

Edited by Abe Cunningham

What Temple does that is illegal is goto kids tell them to come to Temple to play basketball...Just a few years ago Temple had a guard named Jeron ( blk kid from Orchard park) i know him personally, and he was personally approached by the coach and asked to come to Temple.....They havent been caught because know one has wanted to step up and call them out on it, and im sure that TSSAA wouldnt do anything anyways, because they are a pretty weak organization anyways....Im not hating on temple, i know of CCS, Hixson and others doing the same thing......

You are mistaken, Jeron was a Temple since k-4, he grew up there. As for the other kids who came as 9th graders, their fathers came to our games last year and liked the style and thought their kids were a good fit, they came to Temple, Temple did not go to them.

TSSAA has strict guidelines for recruiting. Every coach must sign a form that they have read the guidelines on an annual basis. There is to be no contact between a coach and a prospective athlete until the athlete and his parents have contacted the school about enrollment. The exception is if it is a feeder school. The coach is not allowed to go visit the home of the student athlete until they are enrolled at the school. The contact between the Temple staff and the Grace middleschool students was against the rules. I know that a lot of other schools contact athletes illegally but that does not make such actions right.

This might be really stupid for me to do this on here, but there is a big error circulating and it needs to be addressed. Temple did not approach junior high kids, the parents of certain Grace kids made comments to Temple folks about their discontentment, I was there when it happened. So why would a parent say something to an official of another school, complain actually about being unhappy, and in great detail? There were no "offers" made, and of course the Temple official would be glad to have them if they changed. That is all that happened and nothing came of it, and that's great.

I have listened to all kinds of garbage about my son Jacob being recruited by Temple and it is completely untrue. I decided to move him from CCS and I called Dan Wadley because he was the only person at Temple I knew. He immediately told me to go talk to Clayton Hunt, the Headmaster, which I did. THAT is Coach Wadley's policy and he sticks to it closely.

Fun is fun, but slander and character assassinations go to far. Grace has a great program and a wonderful coach who is humble and a winner. The competitive jabbing is fun, but let's be a bit more careful.

What Temple does that is illegal is goto kids tell them to come to Temple to play basketball...Just a few years ago Temple had a guard named Jeron ( blk kid from Orchard park) i know him personally, and he was personally approached by the coach and asked to come to Temple.....They havent been caught because know one has wanted to step up and call them out on it, and im sure that TSSAA wouldnt do anything anyways, because they are a pretty weak organization anyways....Im not hating on temple, i know of CCS, Hixson and others doing the same thing......

Jeron WIlliams was at Temple all the way through elementry school. You might be talking about Dee