Meigs Co. Tigers Vs Greenbrier

fan number1

Yeah, gotta give Kudos to Greenbrier on their fanbase. I found it very misleading when the announcers on CSS talked about all the cars parked behind the visitors bleachers like that was White House. That wasn't US. That was ALL Greenbrier, so what someone wrote about the Bobcats sit on the visitors side too is right. It is a sea of Green!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, gotta give Kudos to Greenbrier on their fanbase. I found it very misleading when the announcers on CSS talked about all the cars parked behind the visitors bleachers like that was White House. That wasn't US. That was ALL Greenbrier, so what someone wrote about the Bobcats sit on the visitors side too is right. It is a sea of Green!

WHHS1975,

Will you guys be on a new field by next year? I do hope so. No offense but the park was just lacking the HS football atmosphere for the visiting team. I remember playing Jr Pro games there when I was a kid and it even seemed that way back then.

We would really like that but I don't have the details of what the timeline is. Now that we share the field with Heritage it does pose a problem. If we ever won first round home playoffs we would be in a fix.

Yes, this field is showing it's age, but the parking is to the advantage even though getting in and out of the stadium is sometimes a pain. With WHHeritage talking of a new school out on 76, I would assume that they will build their own field, and White House will try to get us to use Whitson Stadium a little longer. I'm sure there will be some that want to play here forever. I know Greenbrier's field has in the same location since I was little too (course, I'm older than you), but are there any plans to build a new one in Greenbrier's new park?

We would really like that but I don't have the details of what the timeline is. Now that we share the field with Heritage it does pose a problem. If we ever won first round home playoffs we would be in a fix.

Yes, this field is showing it's age, but the parking is to the advantage even though getting in and out of the stadium is sometimes a pain. With WHHeritage talking of a new school out on 76, I would assume that they will build their own field, and White House will try to get us to use Whitson Stadium a little longer. I'm sure there will be some that want to play here forever. I know Greenbrier's field has in the same location since I was little too (course, I'm older than you), but are there any plans to build a new one in Greenbrier's new park?

I work here in WH and I thought that I had heard some coworkers mention a new field being built. You're right about the access to the park. I remember a game in the 90s that I sat in the parking lot for over an hour just waiting to get to the main drive. The widening of 76 should help a bunch.

I haven't heard any plans to move the Greenbrier field. The park is being used more and more but the current parking there is a nightmare. It's a long way from being able to handle this type of crowd. I personally hope the never even contemplate moving a single game away from Bobcat field.

A little more than 24 hours til game time! I've heard the Bobcats have had great practices this week. Reportedly Meigs QB is quick, but so are our "sack boys" :lol:

The community of Greenbrier is getting pumped for this first round. It's the talk of the town and as always, everyone in the community will be there. It will be an awesome atmosphere! These boys definitely want it, and do their best to make it happen.

Meigs County fans, have a safe trip from Decatur. You'll find a friendly, small town that's crazy over the Bobcats.

Bobcats, once again, one game at a time. Don't even let what next week may bring cross your mind, just buckle down, hit hard, wrap em up and go the distance.

Another big playoff start is in order!

Go Green!

Where'd everybody go???

If any Meigs fans need directions, these are more accurate than Mapquest:

Directions to Greenbrier- leave Nashville on I-65 North- stay on I-65 past Rivergate Mall area (Exit 97), Long Hollow Pike (Exit 97), look for Millersville (Exit # 98)- get off- go to bottom of ramp turn left- Immediately get in the right hand lane- turn right on Hwy. 41- (also called Springfield Hwy by locals).- stay on Hwy 41., going up a ridge, passing through the community of Ridgetop, and into the town of Greenbrier. It will be about 8 miles from where you got on Hwy 41. - When you get in to Greenbrier, look for the Friday Night Lights.

The school will be on your left after you pass Franklin Farms plaza (Movie Gallery), the Football field is between the Middle and High Schools. Parking will be around the baseball fields and in the school parking lot (parking behind vistors bleachers is for season pass holders only).

Okay Greenbrier we're down to the wire! Load the bleachers and bring your noisemakers. Boys, a new opponent, a new challenge but you guys can do it. You've come way too far to turn back now. Wrap em' up, hit em hard and make them re-think running that route again, and hold em. When they've got the ball, force those turnovers and grab the interceptions. Pressure on the QB...go go go.