Meigs Co. Tigers Vs Greenbrier

fan number1

Having home field advantage for this game (and hopefully the next) is huge!

Which region will host the third round this year? For example; if Greenbrier and Notre Dame ended up in the third round......who would host?

I would like to hear more about Meigs. I think their 7-3 record speaks for itself but I would like to hear more about their players, offense, defense....etc.

Coachhard, found this school site but maybe Meigs fans could share more..this website appears not to be current.

http://www.meigscountyhigh.com/football.html

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which region will host the third round this year? For example; if Greenbrier and Notre Dame ended up in the third round......who would host?

I would like to hear more about Meigs. I think their 7-3 record speaks for itself but I would like to hear more about their players, offense, defense....etc.

Long time fan of Meigs here. A little about our team. In my opinion have kind of overacheived this year. Plays good defense, which has kept us in every game. Not a lot of speed so kind of methodical on offense. Like to run clock and win the time of possession. Coaching staff has done a great job this year with the talent they have. VERY dedicated, hard working staff. Our kids definately play hard from start to finish. In my opinion have too many players having to play both ways. But let me repeat...."HAVING" to play both ways....no choice......Hope it's a good, close game and am looking forward to coming to middle tennessee and NOT having to go to one of the private schools......Good luck Meigs...

Long time fan of Meigs here. A little about our team. In my opinion have kind of overacheived this year. Plays good defense, which has kept us in every game. Not a lot of speed so kind of methodical on offense. Like to run clock and win the time of possession. Coaching staff has done a great job this year with the talent they have. VERY dedicated, hard working staff. Our kids definately play hard from start to finish. In my opinion have too many players having to play both ways. But let me repeat...."HAVING" to play both ways....no choice......Hope it's a good, close game and am looking forward to coming to middle tennessee and NOT having to go to one of the private schools......Good luck Meigs...

Greenbrier and Meigs County sound very similar in many ways. I almost thought you were writing about Greenbrier for a minute.

I hope you and all the Meigs County fans have a safe trip to Greenbrier.

Thanks for the info.

Cat2…thanks for the link. Not sure if it’s an updated roster or not because they had last years schedule still up, but if it is they are mostly underclassmen with only 5 seniors listed.

That is already drawn in the bracket...We would tavel if fortunate enough to play in the third round. By swapping regions we lost out on the every other year rotation. Last year we went to Jackson South Side as the odd numbered regions traveled and this year we would travel as an even numbered region.

It does make my job easier to travel but I do like being at home...I don't mind the extra work.

Go Bobcats

Edited by painter

You've just described the Greenbrier program to a T. Verbatim, to a T.

Edited by NoDoubt

Let me be one of the first to welcome Meigs County to Round 1 in Greenbrier's Bobcat Country. Since Meigs is not from our area, here's a few touchpoints on Greenbrier: We are just a small town community just about 25 miles north of Nashville that makes big noise in the high school football scene. Three consectutive region titles, 21 consectuive region wins and have won everything on our home field since late 2003. Last year we made it to the Boro but fell to a great Fulton team. The 2004 3A Mr. Football was our own Roger Herndon. Our team is well coached, well disciplined, and are a class bunch of kids. The community of Greenbrier is a one stop light town where everyone supports their team. There will be a packed house in Greenbrier and the football atmostphere is loud and proud.

Parking is ample in parking areas around the field, which is situated between our middle and high school. Because we are a small town on a main highway between a large retail area of Goodlettville (Rivergate) and the growing city of Springifield both within 10 minutes, our only fast food chain in Sonic, Subway and Domino's. We do have a mexican restuarant and a couple of hometown cafe's.

Hopefully all the Meigs fans will find our hometown full of hospitality and good sportsmanship. We look forward to Friday night!

Any Meigs info would be appreciated.

We got ya outnumbered......2 Red lights to 1......no kidding......

As others have replied, every line of your post IS Greenbrier. We've had goal-line defensive stands and games we've had ball possession for most of the game.

Great coaching staff here with a Greenbrier alumni head coach, along with the help of others including a UT former player. As you can tell from our record our kids play hard--had three consective shutouts this season, and most play both ways, and give it all they have. From what you say here about Meigs it sounds as if they are a mirror image of Greenbrier. It should be a good game..