Huntland Football

letrrip

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all called - all declined - looks like the Hornets are done - all competition (1A-5A)has been contacted including the mighty private schools and all declined - looks like nobody wants any- thats a real shame- yes , we had our chances and didnt capitalize but our team deserves to be in some form of post-season play- only 7-3 team in the state(1A-5A) not in playoffs----whats wrong with this picture?????????????

The Grace Football Coach was not called.

Ya know, I'm one of these outside observers (outside of Northwest Tennessee, that is) who pops in whenever I see something interesting.

I was gonna get on here and give some smart-aleck reply, like Huntland should have won one more game and then wouldn't be worrying about a bowl game. ...

But ...

the truth is that this a shame. A 7-3 team not in the playoffs and a couple of 2-8 teams making it. Sure, one of those 2-8 teams won (Sheffield beating No. 1-ranked Dyersburg in the biggest upset of Round 1), but normally those teams don't have a prayer.

I wish there was some provision in the TSSAA playoff rules that said all under-.500 teams were subject to being bumped out of the playoffs if a team with an over-.500 record did not finish in the top four of its region.

I don't think you can honestly or objectively or even intelligently say that a 2-8 team worked just as hard as a 7-3 team to make the playoffs. Most 2-8 teams are 2-8 for a reason: They're not any dang good.

If nothing else, set up a preliminary playoff game or games pitting any above-.500 team against the under-.500 teams with the winner earning the right to make the field of 32. Maybe play that game on a Tuesday before Round 1. If there are no above-.500 teams left out of the playoffs, then there would be no preliminary round that year.

Oh, worried about Friday-Tuesday-Friday schedule? I think teenagers are resilient. Besides, it should be somewhat difficult to make the round of 32. Winning twice in 10 games sure ain't proving anything.

Just my two cents worth .... which is about all it's worth. :lol:

I just think its a shame that a 7-3 GOOD team didn't have the chance to get in the playoffs. As a MP parent, I have been a big fan of the Hornets ( unless we are playing them, of course). I really feel like they could have competed and shook things up. So coming from your region 6 family, I would like to say congrats on your season and I am very proud of the way you finished against CA. This situation STINKS! Good luck next year, Hornets. :thumb:

GO TIGERS!!!

Ya know, I'm one of these outside observers (outside of Northwest Tennessee, that is) who pops in whenever I see something interesting.

I was gonna get on here and give some smart-aleck reply, like Huntland should have won one more game and then wouldn't be worrying about a bowl game. ...

But ...

the truth is that this a shame. A 7-3 team not in the playoffs and a couple of 2-8 teams making it. Sure, one of those 2-8 teams won (Sheffield beating No. 1-ranked Dyersburg in the biggest upset of Round 1), but normally those teams don't have a prayer.

I wish there was some provision in the TSSAA playoff rules that said all under-.500 teams were subject to being bumped out of the playoffs if a team with an over-.500 record did not finish in the top four of its region.

I don't think you can honestly or objectively or even intelligently say that a 2-8 team worked just as hard as a 7-3 team to make the playoffs. Most 2-8 teams are 2-8 for a reason: They're not any dang good.

If nothing else, set up a preliminary playoff game or games pitting any above-.500 team against the under-.500 teams with the winner earning the right to make the field of 32. Maybe play that game on a Tuesday before Round 1. If there are no above-.500 teams left out of the playoffs, then there would be no preliminary round that year.

Oh, worried about Friday-Tuesday-Friday schedule? I think teenagers are resilient. Besides, it should be somewhat difficult to make the round of 32. Winning twice in 10 games sure ain't proving anything.

Just my two cents worth .... which is about all it's worth. :thumb:

I LOVE that quote, NWTennSports !! So very true :)