2.) Chicago: 9-3

3.) Carolina: 9-3

4.) New York: 8-4

5.) Tampa Bay: 8-4

6.) Dallas: 7-5

7.) Atlanta: 7-5

8.) Minnesota: 7-5

9.) Washington: 6-6

December is here and we are finally starting to separate some of the contenders from the pretenders :ph34r:

Guest catfish-hunter

I think the bears right now is the best team in the NFC...no doubt...but the Ravens didn't come across an offense like the colts when they won the superbowl...

Chicago will win the NFC, BOOK IT <_<

Guest catfish-hunter

NFL PLAYOFF PICTURE

AFC:

Colts (13-0)

Broncos (10-3)

Bengals (10-3)

Patriots (8-5)

Jaguars (9-4)

Steelers (8-5)

Chargers (8-5)

Chiefs (8-5)

NFC:

Seahawks (11-2)

Bears (9-4)

Giants (9-4)

Buccaneers (9-4)

Panthers (9-4)

Cowboys (8-5)

Falcons (8-5)

Vikings (8-5)

Redskins (7-6)

In the AFC the Colts have wrapped up homefield throughout the playoffs so it is a guarantee that the only outdoor game that they have remaining on their schedule is the Christmas Eve battle with Seattle. The Benglas and the Broncos are in a heated battle for the other first round bye and if I were to guess I'd say the Bengals will end up getting it because in the final week of the season Denver has to travel to San Diego to play a Chargers team that will be fighting for their playoff lives. The Broncos haven't been impressive lately and the Bengals are good enough to win in Arrowhead. The New England Patriots have all but wrapped up their division and they seem to be getting healthy at the right time. Homefield advantage or not this is still a team that is gonna have to be dealt with for someone to go to the Super Bowl. The Jacksonville Jaguars schedule down the stretch is so easy it is ridiculous. They will get into the playoffs and travel to Foxboro to play the Patriots on Wild Card weekend. The battle in the AFC will be for the final playoff spot between the Steelers, Chargers, and Chiefs. The Steelers won in San Diego on MNF earlier this season and the Chargers beat Kansas City in their first meeting this year. Their matchup next week could decide someones playoff fate.

In the NFC the Seattle Seahawks are going to end up with homefield throughout. Road games at Tennessee and Green Bay just aren't that scary to this bunch. The real race is for the other bye. The Bears, Buccaneers, Panthers, and Giants all sit at 9-4 overall and the Falcons, Vikings, and Cowboys are all just one gane back at 8-5. Any of those seven teams could be in the playoffs but resting in the first round. There will be plenty settled this weekend when the Falcons play at the Bears on SNF. The Buccaneers and Panthers split the season series and both also lost to the Bears head-to-head. This week the Bucs travel to Foxboro on Saturday to play the Patriots while Carolina should get back on track against the Saints. The Giants play on Saturday at home against the Chiefs, who just lost a heartbreaker in Dallas last week. New York kept their hopes for a first round bye alive last week by squeaking past the Eagles despite some terrible play down the stretch by their suddenly struggling quarterback. The Dallas Cowboys travel to DC to play their rival Washington Redskins on Sunday in a game that has playoff hopes written all over it. The Redskins need a win to stay in the hunt while the Cowboys will look to avoid a season sweep, which would stink for playoff tiebreaker scenarios, at the hands of the hogs. Finally the Minnesota Vikings are at home hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers in a game that both teams need to keep pace in the playoff race.

DECEMBER FOOTBALL IN THE NFL FOLKS. YOU'VE GOTTA LOVE IT :thumb:

You know I watched the Patriots completely tear apart the Bucs today, and if you don't watch the DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS will win this thing...So just to spice it up a bit.....

AFC Championship

Patriots @ Colts

NFC Championship

Bears @ Seahawks

Super Bowl

PATRIOTS vs Seahawks

and those defending champs win it, once again.....but Go Colts!! :ph34r:

You know I watched the Patriots completely tear apart the Bucs today, and if you don't watch the DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS will win this thing...So just to spice it up a bit.....

AFC Championship

Patriots @ Colts

NFC Championship

Bears @ Seahawks

Super Bowl

PATRIOTS vs Seahawks

and those defending champs win it, once again.....but Go Colts!! :ph34r:

Colts dont lose at home!!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Despite their overall record I still think New England is better than Denver, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, and San Diego. They have lost to a couple of those teams this season but that was when they were unhealthy.

Winning at the RCA Dome will be a tough task but in the second round of the playoffs the Patriots could seriously beat the Colts in the dome. I think if they do win that game, which if I had to bet I'd pick against the Pats, then winning at Denver or Cincy in the AFC Title game would be easier this postseason than winning at Pittsburgh in the championship game was in two of their three Super Bowl Championship seasons.

Guest catfish-hunter

The Colts lost to the Chargers at the dome today. How did the Chargers do it????

They did exactly what the Patriots always do to the Colts in January. The 3-4 defense confused Manning and shut down James. I'll bet Edge didn't even have 30 yards rushing today.

With the Patriots getting healthy and playing well and the Colts unbeaten run coming to an abrupt end today I can't wait to see what all of the "experts" have to say about the AFC now.

Denver got it done last night in Buffalo and the Bengals are currently crushing the Lions in Detroit.

Jacksonville is in the playoffs and the Steelers are playing like a team that will get in. The Chiefs host the Chargers next week at Arrowhead but the way those two have played, INCONSISTENTLY, down the stretch I think Kansas City will beat San Diego in Arrowhead and both of those teams will be left on the outside looking in. Miami is at .500 after winning again today but their year won't be until next year. The AFC has too many good football teams this year folks.