NFL Playoff Picture

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

From watching PTI the ole bears have a tougher schedule ahead and Minnesota has a winnable schedule...

I have edited my post and added the .500 Vikings to the list. Hope that makes you happy.

Unless I'm mistaken the Bears just beat a Carolina team that beat both Minnesota and Tampa Bay by a bunch prior to playing the Bears last week. Everyone who thinks the Bears lose on Sunday can simply forget it. The Bears will win on Sunday in Tampa and win next week at home vs the Packers. That will put them at 9-3 overall in two weeks.

The Lions will win tomorrow vs the struggling Falcons at home on Thanksgiving. They'll be 5-6 after tomorrow. The Vikings will win at home Sunday vs the Browns. That will put Minnesota at 6-5 after Sunday. Those two teams play the next week at Detroit. If you think that the Lions are gonna roll over at home you are nuts. Detroit beats Minnesota at home in two weeks. That will then make the Vikings and the Lions 6-6 overall (having split the season series).

The Bears have already swept the Lions so they'll clinch over them with just one more win. They beat the Vikings, who split with the Lions, 28-3 at Soldier Field. The Vikings swept the Packers, who the best they'd then be able to do is split with the Bears (which won't happen). Needless to say if these two teams do win a fair amount of their games in the next two weeks then the Bears could still carry a three game lead into the final four weeks of the season. Needless to say if the Bears win on Sunday they could just about wrap up the NFC North the next week vs the Packers at home. The Bears remaining games afterwards are at Pittsburgh (LOSS), Atlanta (WIN), at Green Bay (WIN), and at Minnesota (??????). That would put the Bears at 11-4 heading into the final week of the regular season. if they are in that situation heading into the final week of the regular season, then the Vikings better hope the Bears aren't playing for homefield throughout in the NFC. If that's the case Chicago beats Minnesota in the Metrodome :thumb:

I have edited my post and added the .500 Vikings to the list. Hope that makes you happy.

Unless I'm mistaken the Bears just beat a Carolina team that beat both Minnesota and Tampa Bay by a bunch prior to playing the Bears last week. Everyone who thinks the Bears lose on Sunday can simply forget it. The Bears will win on Sunday in Tampa and win next week at home vs the Packers. That will put them at 9-3 overall in two weeks.

The Lions will win tomorrow vs the struggling Falcons at home on Thanksgiving. They'll be 5-6 after tomorrow. The Vikings will win at home Sunday vs the Browns. That will put Minnesota at 6-5 after Sunday. Those two teams play the next week at Detroit. If you think that the Lions are gonna roll over at home you are nuts. Detroit beats Minnesota at home in two weeks. That will then make the Vikings and the Lions 6-6 overall (having split the season series).

The Bears have already swept the Lions so they'll clinch over them with just one more win. They beat the Vikings, who split with the Lions, 28-3 at Soldier Field. The Vikings swept the Packers, who the best they'd then be able to do is split with the Bears (which won't happen). Needless to say if these two teams do win a fair amount of their games in the next two weeks then the Bears could still carry a three game lead into the final four weeks of the season. Needless to say if the Bears win on Sunday they could just about wrap up the NFC North the next week vs the Packers at home. The Bears remaining games afterwards are at Pittsburgh (LOSS), Atlanta (WIN), at Green Bay (WIN), and at Minnesota (??????). That would put the Bears at 11-4 heading into the final week of the regular season. if they are in that situation heading into the final week of the regular season, then the Vikings better hope the Bears aren't playing for homefield throughout in the NFC. If that's the case Chicago beats Minnesota in the Metrodome :rolleyes:

ah thanks for putting minnesota up there for me...lol...I didn't really care...I'm just excited that my team is doing decent right now...But I don't really know how Minnesota will do against Detroit...honestly I think the bears will beat Minnesota if something don't happen to them between then and now....I'm going to go with Minnesota beating the Lions in the next meeting and beating Cleveland next week...

Guest catfish-hunter

ah thanks for putting minnesota up there for me...lol...I didn't really care...I'm just excited that my team is doing decent right now...But I don't really know how Minnesota will do against Detroit...honestly I think the bears will beat Minnesota if something don't happen to them between then and now....I'm going to go with Minnesota beating the Lions in the next meeting and beating Cleveland next week...

GOOD CALL :thumb:

AFC:

1.) Colts (11-0)

2.) Broncos (9-2)

3.) Bengals (8-3)

4.) Patriots (6-5)

5.) Jaguars (8-3)

6.) Steelers (7-4)

7.) Chargers (7-4)

8.) Chiefs (7-4)

NFC:

1.) Seahawks (9-2)

2.) Bears (8-3)

3.) Panthers (8-3)

4.) Cowboys (7-4)

5.) Giants (7-4)

6.) Buccaneers (7-4)

7.) Falcons (7-4)

8.) Vikings (6-5)

9.) Rams (5-6)

10.) Redskins (5-6)

11.) Eagles (5-6)

In the AFC expect the Colts to continue their winning ways this week with the Titans coming to town. The Denver Broncos travel to Arrowhead Stadium for one of their two road showdowns with the two teams in their division late in the year. The Bengals lead the Steelers by one game but with a win on Sunday the Steelers would have swept the season series between the two teams. Expect the Patriots to get back on track this week as they welcome the struggling Jets to Foxborough. Without Byron Leftwich the Jags go on the road Sunday to play a Cleveland team that isn't bad at home. That could be the major upset game on Sunday folks. The Chargers will host the sinking Raiders on Sunday Night Football.

In the NFC the Seahawks travel to Philadelphia on Monday night to play the Eagles who are looking to get back to .500 and keep their playoff dreams alive. The Bears should win their eighth in a row when they host the Packers. The Panthers host the Falcons in a key NFC South battle. The Cowboys travel to the Meadowlands to play the Giants after both lost games they should have won last week. The NFC East title could be on the line in that one. The Buccaneers should get back on track Sunday when they travel to Baton Rouge to play the Saints in a "road game". The red hot Vikings should continue their winning ways on Sunday when they travel to play the Lions, who have problems that go far beyond the playing field. The struggling Washington Redskins travel to St. Louis to play the Rams in a game where the winner gets back to .500 and is still in the playoff hunt while the loser is pretty much eliminated from playoff contention.