NFL Playoff Picture

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

AFC STANDINGS

East: 1.) Patriots (4-3) 2.) Dolphins (3-4) 3.) Bills (3-5)

South: 1.) Colts (7-0) 2.) Jaguars (4-3)

North: 1.) Bengals (6-2) 2.) Steelers (5-2)

West: 1.) Broncos (6-2) 2.) Chiefs (4-3) 3.) Chargers (4-4) 4.) Raiders (3-4)

In the AFC New England took over the East on Sunday night with their come from behind win at home vs Buffalo. The Dolphins are the suprise and they still have two games vs the Patriots, with the last one being on New Year's Day in Foxboro. The Colts have just about wrapped up the South with a three game lead over Jacksonville and the Colts have already beaten the Jags head-to-head this year. The North is a race between the Bengals and the Steelers. Pittsburgh beat Cincinnati last week in Cincy. The Broncos have raced out to a suprising record and they have beaten both the Chiefs and Chargers already this year.

NFC STANDINGS:

East: 1.) Giants (5-2) 2.) Cowboys (5-3) 3.) Redskins (4-3) 4.) Eagles (4-3)

South: 1.) Buccaneers (5-2) 2.) Panthers (5-2) 3.) Falcons (5-2)

North: 1.) Bears (4-3) 2.) Lions (3-4)

West: 1.) Seahawks (5-2) 2.) Rams (4-4)

In the NFC the Seahawks control the West and can all but wrap it up if they beat the Rams in Seattle, since they won in St, Louis earlier this year. The Bears are the NFL's suprise team and they've swept the Lions already this year. Their schedule is weak the next two weeks and if Detroit stumbles the Bears could wrap that division up before December. The NFC South is a three team race to the finish. The Falcons and Panthers are the favorites and the Bucs need to fix their passing attack quickly or they'll soon be in trouble. The East is a logjam where the Giants have really come up big the past two weeks. The Cowboys are the best 5-3 team in the history of football and the Eagles and redskins play this Sunday night in D.C. in a game that is nothing short of HUGE!!!!

Super Bowl Prediction Right Now: Colts (7-0) vs Bears (4-3)

WHY???? I don't know if the Colts can lose at home in the playoffs in the dome where weather is not an issue. The Bears are playing well right now and considering the the NFC South and East teams are about to start beating up on each other the Bears could wind up with homefield in the NFC. Soldier Field in January is not a fun place to play with that defense and the running game the Bears have right now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kidding right?

yes I am...I know more football than that...What do you think I do on sunday's besides go to church...lol...Colts are playing too good not to make them a favorite but they won't be my clear favorite until he wins next week at NE...I like Pittsburg too to come out of the AFC...I believe Big Ben is managing that team well and they have a decent defense as always...Denver is also looking good too...Out of the NFC...the Bears has a good defense....I'de go w/ the Eagles if they would run the ball a little bit other than pass...and there defense has fallen off in the past week or so...Eli and his offense is playing pretty good not to mention the defense is pretty good too...The Cowboys is good too and Washington aint bad...that is one tough division...but I like the Giants...It could possibly be a brotherly Super bowl w/ the mannings playing each other...

...but I like the Giants...It could possibly be a brotherly Super bowl w/ the mannings playing each other...

That would be just too cool and extraordinary. To witness an all Manning Superbowl would be historical in every definition of the word. It is quite possible but I don't expect it. The Giants are not ready yet.....

...but I like the Giants...It could possibly be a brotherly Super bowl w/ the mannings playing each other...

That would be just too cool and extraordinary. To witness an all Manning Superbowl would be historical in every definition of the word. It is quite possible but I don't expect it. The Giants are not ready yet.....

yeah but you can't count them out and you have to mention them when talking about the superbowl because they're playing just as good as anyone in the NFC right now...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest catfish-hunter

After Week 10 Here is the Playoff Picture in the NFL:

AFC

Current Playoff Teams:

1.) Indianapolis Colts (South): 10-0

2.) Denver Broncos (West): 8-2

3.) Pittsburgh Steelers (North): 7-3

4.) New England Patriots (East): 6-4

5.) Jacksonville Jaguars: 7-3 (they beat Cincy on Sunday Night Football earlier this yr.)

6.) Cincinnati Bengals: 7-3

On the Outside Looking In:

Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers: 6-4

NFC

Current Playoff Teams:

1.) Seattle Seahawks (West): 8-2

2.) Chicago Bears (North): 7-3

3.) Dallas Cowboys (East): 7-3

4.) Carolina Panthers (South): 7-3

5.) New York Giants: 7-3

6.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 7-3

Atlanta Falcons (6-4), Minnesota Vikings (5-5), and Washington Redskins (5-5)

FIRST 10 WEEKS IN REVIEW:

In the AFC not much has changed as the Colts still look to be the favorites. The Denver Broncos have rolled out to a strong start but the schedule is about to get much harder with trips to Dallas, San Diego, and Kansas City left on the schedule. The Steelers lost earlier this year to New England so as bad as it may seem now the Patriots, who play in a terrible division, may end up as the #2 seed and have a first round bye. The Jacksonville Jaguars are strong as they've beaten both the Steelers and the Bengals already this year but unfortuanately their in a division which includes the Colts. The Bengals are tied with Pittsburgh but they lost to them at home earlier this year and still have them to play in Pittsburgh. The Chiefs and Chargers round out the AFC's teams with both still strongly in the hunt and both still get to play the Broncos at home this season.

In the NFC the Seattle Seahawks have already wrapped up the West. They've swept the 4-6 Rams so essentially they have a five game lead with six games left to go. The same story could hold true in the North if the Packers can beat the Vikings at home tomorrow night. The Chicago Bears have won six in a row and now have proven to the league that they're for real with today's big win vs the Panthers. Although they lost today Carolina still is the team to beat in the South. They crushed the Bucs in Tampa two weeks ago and the Falcons have now lost two in a row and both of those were in the Georgia Dome. The Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants are atop the East, with the Cowboys currently owning the head-to-head with their OT win vs NYG earlier this year. Those two teams meet later this year in Giants Stadium. The sliding Falcons are 6-4 and 1 game outside the playoff picture. They'll look to feast on Thanksgiving Day (aka get back on track) with a win at Detroit. At 5-5 the Minnesota Vikings are now in the hunt after winning three in a row without their injured superstar. The Washington Redskins round out the NFC teams in the hunt at 5-5 after blowing a 13-3 lead at home today against the hapless Raiders. The Redskins schedule is favorable down the stretch with both Dallas and the NY Giants coming to Washington.

I AM STILL STICKING TO MY EARLIER PICK OF THE BEARS VS THE COLTS IN SUPER BOWL XL IN DETROIT :thumb:

Edited by catfish-hunter

Atlanta Falcons (6-4) and Washington Redskins (5-5)

What about my vikings...they've won 3 in a row and now are 5-5...they're on the outside looking in as well...can't count them out...If they could some how pull a win off against the bears and beat Detroit...they could be setten pretty...but even if they do lose to the bears they still could be a wild card...They're playing decent ball...good enough to win... :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

Guest catfish-hunter

What about my vikings...they've won 3 in a row and now are 5-5...they're on the outside looking in as well...can't count them out...If they could some how pull a win off against the bears and beat Detroit...they could be setten pretty...but even if they do lose to the bears they still could be a wild card...They're playing decent ball...good enough to win... :thumb:

The Vikings are now in the hunt after last night's big road win at Green Bay.