Greeneville Will Dominate IMAC

IMACJack

Greeneville should continue its dominating ways in the IMAC this year.

Who will finish second? West or East? I hear East is not as strong this year as last but West may be able to contend. Not sure Cocke or CHEROKee wil have anything ? What hapened to Jeff? I hear they are having coaching/player problems? What hapened to East?

Edited by IMACJack

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will finish second? West or East? I hear East is not as strong this year as last but West may be able to contend. Not sure Cocke or CHEROKee wil have anything ? What hapened to Jeff? I hear they are having coaching/player problems? What hapened to East?

West has Ewing back, a year more experienced he could be a monster.

East lost several seniors, and also lost Basile to Maryville.

Jeff could be a surprise to many this year if the Juniors play like they are capable of. As Sophmores they were starting to play well toward the end of the season.

West should have the most dominating offensive player in Dustin Guthrie with some good backups in Ewing and the underclassmen. Greeneville will be as usual a dominanat force to contend with, especially with the new kid on the block. East lost the best all around player in the IMAC in Basile and will have a hard time filling the void in spite of good coaching. I dont see Cocke Co or Cherokee as much of a threat this year as they lost alot with Buckner and Winder (best in IMAC last year). Watch for Jeff Co to surprise if they can learn to play as a team and coaching will not be the problem that football has been this year.

East lost the best all around player in the IMAC in Basile and will have a hard time filling the void in spite of good coaching.

Is it me or is it strange that east seems to lose an outstanding player every year. Boseman one of the better players either three or four years ago gives up basketball his senior year, as well as junior Cory Mcginnis. Mcginnis did come back for his senior year. Case Barnard transfers the next year to west, ( how'd he do that he didn't move to the west side did he) leads west in scoring and makes first team all IMAC. Next year Palazolla one of the best shooters in the IMAC gives up basketball his senior year, and now Basile probably as good as anyone in the IMAC has gone to Maryville. Are east coaches hard to play for or just unlucky?

East lost the best all around player in the IMAC in Basile and will have a hard time filling the void in spite of good coaching.

Is it me or is it strange that east seems to lose an outstanding player every year. Boseman one of the better players either three or four years ago gives up basketball his senior year, as well as junior Cory Mcginnis. Mcginnis did come back for his senior year. Case Barnard transfers the next year to west, ( how'd he do that he didn't move to the west side did he) leads west in scoring and makes first team all IMAC. Next year Palazolla one of the best shooters in the IMAC gives up basketball his senior year, and now Basile probably as good as anyone in the IMAC has gone to Maryville. Are east coaches hard to play for or just unlucky?

Players transfer all the time or choose not to play. Not always a reflection on the coaches although we need to see more coaches developing their players on and off the court. I think that has been the downfall of UT Football this year. Coaches can be a much more positive influence if they spend a little time befriending their

players rather than just disciplining them when they mess up. It is much like parenting. The best coaches will get the most out of their players. East coaches seem to have done that in the past?

Not always so. Murner transferring was no reflection on the excellent coaching of Greeneville as an example. If we had him we could win the state possibly. How good will Maryville be with the addition of Basile? A scary thought for the sub state or the regionals for some teams.

Not always so. Murner transferring was no reflection on the excellent coaching of Greeneville as an example. If we had him we could win the state possibly. How good will Maryville be with the addition of Basile? A scary thought for the sub state or the regionals for some teams.

IMACJack,

Wow, didn't know Murner transferred. Where did he go?

JKennedy250,

I realize players transfer or choose not to play, but it seems to occur at an alarming rate to the canes, and most of the time at least in the case of deciding not to play while remaining at the same school that is usually players that don't see much playing time, not players that are starters and have all conference type of ability. I do agree coaches should be stern with dicipline ( Pierce last year ) but also agree that if more coaches befriended their players as you pointed out less of that type of dicipline would be needed. I don't know if that is the case at east or not.