Ooltewah @ farragut

denlron

Yea, as an Ooltewah fan, hats off to Farragut for having a good team and playing well. Farragut unfortunately matches up their strengths with Ooltewah's weaknesses which made it very difficult for Ooltewah, but they hung in there for most of the game. It would have been interesting to see what would happen if these two teams played at Ooltewah, but I guess we'll never know.

I do think the PA was pretty ridiculous. I know I've never seen anything like that, and I thought it was pretty classless. It didn't even bother me all that much at first, but when he kept doing it towards the end, when it was obvious that the game was over, it made me angry.

Of course, I'll be rooting for Oak Ridge next week. Not that they'll need any more support.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game and spent the first half on the Owls side and the 2nd half on the Ads side. I saw alot more class coming from the Ads side. The Owls student section is aweful.. if you really want to talk no class start there. On the PA if they played music that said "Lets go Farragut, or Defence .. Defence..., would it be any different...NO. Owl fans are just upset off about losing and want to use something else besides there sry offensive display tonite to blame it on. Owl fans what did you think about the opening 2nd half Kickoff? Why you best runningback wasnt in the game I dont know. Has anyone ever seen someone more overated and overhyped then CLARK GASTON.

First and foremost, I highly suggest you stick to your studies, your English, spelling and grammar are horrendous. Secondly, you are what makes some of the threads on Coach T simply horrible: bad sportsmanship, lack of football knowledge and wishing only bad things for other teams. Again, if I were you, I would do my best to stay in school and learn something, my advice would be to try and find an English and spelling tutor. Have you ever heard of spell check???

The Owl fans were very well-behaved and rooted for their team until the end, it was the Admirals who showed little or no class. Coach Monroe had to wait for over 5 minutes for the Ads band to shut up and he was trying to speak to his team as a group on the field for the last time. If the Admirals want to know why no one roots for them in Tennessee, they should look in the mirror. A total lack of class from the PA announcer down to the players. This is only high school football, not a life or death situation.

I went to the game and spent the first half on the Owls side and the 2nd half on the Ads side. I saw alot more class coming from the Ads side. The Owls student section is aweful.. if you really want to talk no class start there. On the PA if they played music that said "Lets go Farragut, or Defence .. Defence..., would it be any different...NO. Owl fans are just upset off about losing and want to use something else besides there sry offensive display tonite to blame it on. Owl fans what did you think about the opening 2nd half Kickoff? Why you best runningback wasnt in the game I dont know. Has anyone ever seen someone more overated and overhyped then CLARK GASTON.

This thread has gone sour fast. I've personally admitted that Farragut outplayed the Owls and deserved the win. The PA deal is just extra curricular.

But Ooltewah AND Farragut have more class than William Blount ever thought about having. I'm sure the Farragut faithful will agree. It's not a classy thing to do to get on a message board and call out a 17 year old by name and say he's overrated and overhyped. I could lose every game of a season and still hold myself back from doing that. Go back to hicktown you redneck fool and get off CoachT. Do you even have computers at William Blount!??

if it was the vice principal or not, which everyone has been told it was..why did he even have a motorcycle, and why did he go over to the ooltewah side, rev the engine over and over and proceed to call them "losers" these are high school kids, many of whom played their last high school game and they are being called losers and having a loud motorcycle engine revved in their ears as to where they can't hear their own teammates/coaches tell them what a great season and career they've had and get support from their friends, classmates, parents, and teachers, that is the worst bit of sportsmanship i have ever seen..and thats not even considering the pa announcer, the pa announcer's job is to be impartial and call the game, not yell as loud as he can in to the thing "lets go admirals, lets go admirals" to where the ooltewah players can't even hear the plays being called in, that is just ridiculous, let the fan noise inhibit plays being heard, not a speaker who's volume can be turned up or down to however loud you want it to be, if all this is not classless, then i dont know what is

First off I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that he is not a vice principal or has any affiliation with the school. The reason he had a motorcycle is because he rides it around the track after the football team has come on the field and the band has come off. As for the situation with the p/a announcer that was not the Farragut p/a announcer who was cheerleading into the mic, but rather the same person who was on the motorcycle. What he did was inappropriate without question. I apologize on behalf of the rest of the Farragut community

Maybe he shouldnt have been on the PA but he was also yelling "Farragut fans get louder" while the Ads had the ball as well.

What ever happened to good sportsmanship, class, leadership and teaching by example? Football is a team sport, led by a coach who should teach his players how to be winners whether they win or lose a game. Fans, parents and coaches who cannot lead by example on or off the field only get in the way. The gentleman from Farragut on the motorcycle and in the PA announcers booth should be banned from bringing his cycle on the field and getting on the mic. If the administrators at Farragut High School do not address this situation as soon as possible, they will have lost a wonderful opportunity to teach the students a valuable lesson about sportsmanship and class. It is up to the Coach and Administrators to handle this situation immediately.

Again, Farragut only has one more week before they lose again to Oak Ridge, so enjoy your 15 minutes of fame while it lasts.

Owls, thanks for a great season, you young men should hold your heads high and be proud, we fans are grateful for your performance on and off the field.

What ever happened to good sportsmanship, class, leadership and teaching by example? Football is a team sport, led by a coach who should teach his players how to be winners whether they win or lose a game. Fans, parents and coaches who cannot lead by example on or off the field only get in the way. The gentleman from Farragut on the motorcycle and in the PA announcers booth should be banned from bringing his cycle on the field and getting on the mic. If the administrators at Farragut High School do not address this situation as soon as possible, they will have lost a wonderful opportunity to teach the students a valuable lesson about sportsmanship and class. It is up to the Coach and Administrators to handle this situation immediately.

Again, Farragut only has one more week before they lose again to Oak Ridge, so enjoy your 15 minutes of fame while it lasts.

Owls, thanks for a great season, you young men should hold your heads high and be proud, we fans are grateful for your performance on and off the field.

I think the person on the bike is a parent of one of the players and a contributor to the team.

We all agree he did the wrong thing. # 45 parents had nothing but good things to say about your program and team. As far as the band, playing it's there field, 2nd round of the playoffs and they should be playing to support the team.

The FHS team was having their after game meeting and dealing with the same band playing. Your Coach decided to do it across from the band area. Another bad choice he made that night.

Guy on bike -Wrong, Band playing-HS/College football part of the atmosphere. PA-?. The owls always play FHS tuff but the score board never reflects it.

Good Luck to both programs.

HAHAHA this is funny! And people wonder why Farragut can't get respect. I know one thing is for certain: their fans are surprised by their own success this year and are acting like a bunch of morons. Their fans had absolutely NO class before and after our game, and many of OUR players had to be restrained after the game, NOT their fans. The guy on the motorcycle is just a goob, what else can you say? At least Farragut got to play at home a few times before OR wipes all hopes away AGAIN for them. Farragut shouldn't have made it past the first round.

Edited by BHSfootball

You can rest assured there will not be any hi-jinks on the PA this Friday night and for certain no one riding their motorcycle around the field. As for the band, when Oak Ridge wins they play the fight song and the team sings along and then it is all over, last about a minute.

The last time we played at Farragut the PA announcer mis-pronounced almost all of the OR players name.

Edited by OakRidgeCat