Ooltewah @ farragut

denlron

Agree cooter, I heard it too. What a Jerk!!!!!!

I think the defense we changed to hurt us this year also. Monroe should have stayed with the 4-3, 4-4 like we ran against DB last year. Better yet he should have let Davis handle the Defense like Gatewood did. Monroe seemed to have his hands full just calling plays. I do think it will get better. Great season Owls, Get in the weight room next season starts Monday.

Great ppost ducky!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in the heck was the bush league idiot being a cheerleader over the loudspeaker???? I heard he was an assistant principal?? And was he also the idiot who drove the motorcycle all the way over to the Ooltewah side after the game when the Seniors were having their last moments with their teammates??? Revving the engine and running his mouth. I sat there and watched and heard him call Ooltewah "losers." First off, using the PA to cheer is against TSSAA rules.

Here is the perspective from the bleachers:

I attended the game this evening and I think a few things need to be clarified. First of all the "bush league idiot cheerleader" is also the guy on the motorcycle. That much I can confirm. While his actions on the p.a. can be seen as sophomoric there are no TSSAA rules that regulate such an act. This individual, contrary to what you may have heard, is not a vice principal of the school, but rather an overzealous parent and supporter of Admiral football.

Secondly can the Ooltewah fans please just go ahead and accept defeat. Sure, we got you, 8 turnovers the first game supposed "poor coaching" tonight the fact of the matter is you lost and are making excuses to cover your tails. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

I am sorry that one fan ruined your game experience. You can chalk it up to another classless act by a bunch of rude arrogant Farragut residents if you want to. But in my many years of following Farragut football I can assure you that this is an isolated incident.

Here is the perspective from the bleachers:

I attended the game this evening and I think a few things need to be clarified. First of all the "bush league idiot cheerleader" is also the guy on the motorcycle. That much I can confirm. While his actions on the p.a. can be seen as sophomoric there are no TSSAA rules that regulate such an act. This individual, contrary to what you may have heard, is not a vice principal of the school, but rather an overzealous parent and supporter of Admiral football.

Secondly can the Ooltewah fans please just go ahead and accept defeat. Sure, we got you, 8 turnovers the first game supposed "poor coaching" tonight the fact of the matter is you lost and are making excuses to cover your tails. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

I am sorry that one fan ruined your game experience. You can chalk it up to another classless act by a bunch of rude arrogant Farragut residents if you want to. But in my many years of following Farragut football I can assure you that this is an isolated incident.

I've accepted the defeat...when you play or are involved in as many sporting events as I have been over the last 21 years, losing is just part of the game. It's never fun, but it can be gotten over.

The reason that the whole "overzealous parent and supporter of Admiral football" really gets me is that no matter who he was - it took some type of permission from someone in charge to get him tied into the PA system that broadcasted to the Ooltewah side as well. How many games (unless you go to Rhea Co) have you ever heard a cheerleader over the PA system??? You won't hear it at Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Dobyns Bennett, Cookeville or Ooltewah - or any other school that knows what they're doing.

I've accepted the defeat...when you play or are involved in as many sporting events as I have been over the last 21 years, losing is just part of the game. It's never fun, but it can be gotten over.

The reason that the whole "overzealous parent and supporter of Admiral football" really gets me is that no matter who he was - it took some type of permission from someone in charge to get him tied into the PA system that broadcasted to the Ooltewah side as well. How many games (unless you go to Rhea Co) have you ever heard a cheerleader over the PA system??? You won't hear it at Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Dobyns Bennett, Cookeville or Ooltewah - or any other school that knows what they're doing.

To be frank with you I was sitting no more then 10 feet away from the press box and the whole incident happened so quickly that I don't think that anyone in charge really had a full idea what was going on. I will say I don't think he should have been allowed to continue on all game. As for a cheerleader on the p.a. I concede I have never heard that before except for UT games where they have a cheerleader mic'd up, at least in the student section

if it was the vice principal or not, which everyone has been told it was..why did he even have a motorcycle, and why did he go over to the ooltewah side, rev the engine over and over and proceed to call them "losers" these are high school kids, many of whom played their last high school game and they are being called losers and having a loud motorcycle engine revved in their ears as to where they can't hear their own teammates/coaches tell them what a great season and career they've had and get support from their friends, classmates, parents, and teachers, that is the worst bit of sportsmanship i have ever seen..and thats not even considering the pa announcer, the pa announcer's job is to be impartial and call the game, not yell as loud as he can in to the thing "lets go admirals, lets go admirals" to where the ooltewah players can't even hear the plays being called in, that is just ridiculous, let the fan noise inhibit plays being heard, not a speaker who's volume can be turned up or down to however loud you want it to be, if all this is not classless, then i dont know what is

As someone who knows the P.A. Announcer at Farragut, the cheerleader over the loud speaker was not the P.A. guy. It was in fact a parent, whom the athletic director instructed the P.A. Announcer to allow to be on the mic in between plays. Honestly nothing wrong with that. He was not over the system while any plays were going on. Now as far as being classless, correct me if I am wrong but the first time Ooltewah visited Farragut their band blew their horns as loud as they could DURING the play at the Farragut offense. Their is NO and I repeat NO TSSAA rule against what happened on the P.A. just like there is no rule against what the Owls band did. Trust me neither incident had any effect on the outcome of the game. The cheerleader on the P.A. was also the rider on the motorcycle. As far as what might have happened after the game I was not there to see that. If that did happened it should not have. However, as far as the Owls taking shots at Farragut players at the end of the game, that happened on the first two kneel downs until the refs said something. One player took a swing at one of our backs on the first play.

With all that said don't let the whinings of the board ruin what was a great high school game by two very good teams. Both Farragut and Ooltewah team deserve that.

You liked it? First off it's against TSSAA rules...secondly, it's about as rude and classless as I've seen. I can't believe principal and AD even allowed it. It's bush league. Go to Oak Ridge next week and experience a "real" classy football team and program.

If it's against the rules than we're wrong. If not I thought it gave the game some home field excitement. I was standing with some Owl parents on the vistor side and I didn't hear anyone gripping about the PA.

But I can see how it was annoying in a close game that you lost. If the owls were winning in a blow out tne guy would have sounded stupid.

First off I want to congradulate Farragut on their win tonight. You outplayed the owls in every aspect of the game. You were just the better team both times we played you and you deserved the wins. The owls didn't seem ready to play tonight but they had a great team and season this year and have nothing to hang theirs heads about. As for the guy on the loud speaker. Inbetween everyplay he was yelling and chanting stuff right until the ball was snapped. That was the 1st time I have ever seen anything like that and yes I did think that was bushleague. The guy on the motorcycle did call Ooltewah losers while laughing as he drove off and reved up his engine at us. I hope that wasn't your assistant principal.... I wish the Ooltewah seniors luck in their future. You have been fun and exciting to watch and a lot of people look up to you so keep you head up. I predict OR win next week by 3 touchdowns. Good luck to both teams..

P.S. #45 for Farragut is a beast... Great high school linebacker.

I went to the game and spent the first half on the Owls side and the 2nd half on the Ads side. I saw alot more class coming from the Ads side. The Owls student section is aweful.. if you really want to talk no class start there. On the PA if they played music that said "Lets go Farragut, or Defence .. Defence..., would it be any different...NO. Owl fans are just upset off about losing and want to use something else besides there sry offensive display tonite to blame it on. Owl fans what did you think about the opening 2nd half Kickoff? Why you best runningback wasnt in the game I dont know. Has anyone ever seen someone more overated and overhyped then CLARK GASTON.