Creek Wood vs Lexington

CWHSFan

Guest catfish-hunter

I picked Creek Wood to win (34-28 was the prediction I think). They did not win but I'd like to say congrats to the Red Hawks on an amazing year. The first trip to the playoffs & the first playoff win in the history of the school in year #3. You guys played an unbeaten 12-0 team to the wire on the road and that is something to hold your heads high for. You represented Region 5-3A well tonight and I look forward to many great battles vs the Red Hawks for years to come.

Let's go David Lipscomb!!!!! Represent Region 5-3A well and bring home a state championship trophy ;)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say wow major respect to both teams that took the field tonight that game was crazy. CW played them boys awesomely and lexington played a freakin awesome game. CW stopped the run and lexington stopped the run. It was crazy not the hardest team CW seen this year but they were a good team as we walked off the field a lexington player stated that we was the best team they've see this year we'll I hate to say it because i want the team that beat us to win it all i have major respect for them boys now but the streak stops next week sorry guys but lipsomb is just better than ya'll,,, but either way good luck

congradulations CW seniors on a job well done this was an awesome season. All of ya'll did great wish it wasnt over

we love 2,5,6,7,9,10,14,33,59,61,62,69,86,88

i went to this ball game , i give my hat off to creek wood they played a good hard fought game, they got some good size and speed, but lexington just pounded, good luck to lex. next week at lipscomb

if that is all you have DL will run all over you CW played well tonight as did LEX but you let CW score 21 points your defence cannot stop DL at rushing or passing your offense will not be able to run so you will have to pass DL pass defence is as good or better than there rushing defence as well as faster than you hopefully you will draw a better officiating crew than tonight they were old and missed alot next week DL 37 LEX 10

Yes but DL has a much faster offence and they showed it to us when they played us there defence is better than there offence while both CW and LEX have had great years and played great football the speed and size of DL will be very hard to overcome

DLM how can you say "you let CW's offense score 21pts. your defense can stop lipscomp." CW has a pretty good offense and better than you think

PrepFanatic,

1st of all, good coaching on Lexington's part. What do you do on Kickoff? Kick the ball to either Vaughn or Steverson? Let's see, hhmmm, no chance do I kick the ball to either of them. Good coaching. You do not kick the football to an opposing team's best player with 53 yards of field to find gaps to run thru. The triple option? Creek Wood shut down everything Lexington tried to do inside the tackles. CW took away their mid-line game. Lexington's coach did a good job of not trying something they do not normally do. Lexington's coaching staff stuck to their guns and did what they do to try to win the ball game and to CW credit, they took Lexington's best shot and had a chance to win the game. Congrats to both teams on a fine year. Good luck to Lexington. Great atmosphere for High School football.

PrepFanatic,

1st of all, good coaching on Lexington's part. What do you do on Kickoff? Kick the ball to either Vaughn or Steverson? Let's see, hhmmm, no chance do I kick the ball to either of them. Good coaching. You do not kick the football to an opposing team's best player with 53 yards of field to find gaps to run thru. The triple option? Creek Wood shut down everything Lexington tried to do inside the tackles. CW took away their mid-line game. Lexington's coach did a good job of not trying something they do not normally do. Lexington's coaching staff stuck to their guns and did what they do to try to win the ball game and to CW credit, they took Lexington's best shot and had a chance to win the game. Congrats to both teams on a fine year. Good luck to Lexington. Great atmosphere for High School football.

Couldn't of said it any better 1stdown. Some people can't understand a good hard fought game. Face it CW is a better football team than a lot of people from Lexington thought they were. CW's Defense had a lot to do with some of the coaches decisions. We could also say that CW helped out the Tigers by turning the ball over 3 times to them which ended up in 14 of thier 24 points. With out those turnovers CW wins, but that is not how we do things over here on the hill. Lexington has a great team and a lot of the mistakes CW made was because of them,Lexington, making big plays. I wish the players luck the rest of the way. :):ph34r:

Congrats to the Creekwood team on a very good year!!!!

Congrats to Lexington on a good win..............boys you sure have your work cut out for next week against our multiplier region winner in Lipscomb.

Hope no one was injured and good luck the rest of the way......the Bulldog will be laying for the next one....sorry.

Boy I be that took alot out of you to actually say congrats to us. That was a hard fought game last night. Lexington did go away alot from some of their bigger plays that have worked so well and just played smash mouth style in the second half. Creekwood did have a very good team and congrats on a wonderful season for such a new team. Those congrats go to all of their players except for the lineman who felt the need to slap one of Lexington's players in the helmet after a play at the end of the game. The play only cost them a 15 yd. personal foul but the kid should have been ejected. That was a cheap shot plain and simple. To him, you disgraced your team. But to the rest of that team, hold your head up. You played a great game and gave Lexington all that they wanted last night. Now its on to Lipscomb. Go ahead all you Lipscomb fans. Tell us how bad you are gonna beat us. Get us fired up some more. We will make you make mistakes and that is how we will win. Just ask MC and CW. GO TIGERS!

PrepFanatic,

Great win by Lexington but we didnt play to well, along with officiating job last night it was pretty horrible but we still got the W. Creek Wood is a good team but not as good as we made them out to be. Who said that Steverson or Vaughn ran a legit 4.4 . They had nice speed but not that nice. Another thing Cristos should have booted it into the endzone. I'd take 20 over the 46 anyday. And oh yeah i guess when you stop Deberry for 100 plus you pretty much shut it down. Great season Creek Wood 9-3 in only your fourth season is pretty good. Keep it churnin BIG RED!

Great win by Lexington but we didnt play to well, along with officiating job last night it was pretty horrible but we still got the W. Creek Wood is a good team but not as good as we made them out to be. Who said that Steverson or Vaughn ran a legit 4.4 . They had nice speed but not that nice. Another thing Cristos should have booted it into the endzone. I'd take 20 over the 46 anyday. And oh yeah i guess when you stop Deberry for 100 plus you pretty much shut it down. Great season Creek Wood 9-3 in only your fourth season is pretty good. Keep it churnin BIG RED!

You can say what you want about Creek Wood, but they wore Lexington down in the 2nd half. Most of your lineman on defense were tired. Creek Wood played a good game, it was not blow out like most of the people in Lexington had predicted. The officials did make some bad calls, especially the block in the back on one of Lexington touchdowns, and alot of holding goin on. But that is not what lost the game for Creek Wood, they just did not play well in the first quarter. Congrats to Lexington on the win, but you have a rough road ahead. :thumb:

LTP ? Did you ever stop and think that LHS didn't play well had just a little to do with the quality of your opponent. Just a random thought. You are correct in the officiating was sub par at times. (Maybe the block in the back on 2 on 4 and 2 on Buckley's run. Or the late hit CW should have been given on 11.) Congrats tp both squads for an awesome night of FB. LHS better step it up heading into Mustang Nation. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO REGION 5-3A!!