Gallatin (9-2) Vs Brentwood (10-1)

Gtowner

The crocodile tears from Sumner County over Walsh getting helped off the field after the penalty are filling up the Cumberland. . .

So what if the kicker was banged up or not? Him being helped off the field or not had NO bearing on the flag being thrown. The flag was already on the GROUND. Unless, in fact, you were trying to injure the kicker after the kick and felt "cheated" because he didn't stay out of the game-which then makes me question who should, in fact, feel "ashamed."

Face these facts: What matters is that when YOUR kicking team had the chance, it couldn't execute-twice.

The kicking game and special teams play was the difference in the game. The final score reflects that difference.

Better teams? Region 5 is now 3-12 against Region 6 the last three years. I guess who's "better" has been established.

Good season and good luck to Gallatin in the future.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fromthetop

As much as it pains me you are dead on...special teams killed us but what really made the difference was play calling for Gallatin. Brentwood hammered us in the middle of the line and we never stopped running the little qb draw. Until we lose this ultraconservative mentality we will continue to be a second round and out team. By the way the only thing hurt on that roughing call was the kicker breaking the high heel off his cleat. That was cheap but it worked...all part of the game.

Its plan and simple Gallatin got screwed BAD!!!!! The kicker wasnt hurt at all but was carried off the field like his leg was broke!! Then after he mad the MUCH EASIER FG....he jumped up and down and had a look to him like "yeah thats right I just screwed all of you hahahahaha" I think the whole team should be ashamed for taking the W in that fashion. This is one game I can honestly say the better team DID NOT win!

You may say the better team did ot win. I do not believe GHS had maybe two penalties if that. If you watch the film(film doesn't) lie There were numerous occassions where GHS broke the hudle with 12 members, offensive lineman moving and wasn't called. Also Walsh was clearly hit - maybe not hurt to the extent that it looked but none the less he was hit.

Look, neither team can complain about officiating. On the pass that #6 Hall threw to #9 Gleaves Brentwood interfered TWICE...first the pushing on the route and second when he grabbed his arm when the ball arrived. There are missed calls in every game. Maybe you guys need to go back and watch the game a little closer with your blinders off. There were enough bad calls to go around. Plain and simple, Gallatin got beat because of a special teams meltdown and poor play selection. Until we CONSISTENTLY throw the football we will always get beat by a more diversified offense.