McMinn County Girls

coachfire37329

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Coach just answer one question for me honestly and then I will retire from this board. Explain to me why, if Fire is a feeder program for the McMinn schools, they always practice at Central. I know for a fact that the Fire coaches live nowhere near Central. Does County not let you use their gym. Give me an honest answer please.

Chelsea did quit, but she wasn't the only person on the team that had any skill at all, like what you guys are trying to make it sound. They still are very strong with Leah Frazier, Niala Harris, Shonda Smith, Amy Jo Castor, and Derika Mooney. I don't think that Chelsea quitting is gonna destroy their whole season. They have 2 players that were named All-District and All-Region and one was All-Area, I think that's pretty good, right?

McMinn still has a young team with a lack of depth and no seniors at all. They start 5 juniors this year and hope that a couple of sophmores or freshmen step up. As with Davis, she has said she just didn't like playin anymore and wanted to concentrate on soccer, it's as simple as that, she doesnt want to play

Chelsea did quit, but she wasn't the only person on the team that had any skill at all, like what you guys are trying to make it sound. They still are very strong with Leah Frazier, Niala Harris, Shonda Smith, Amy Jo Castor, and Derika Mooney. I don't think that Chelsea quitting is gonna destroy their whole season. They have 2 players that were named All-District and All-Region and one was All-Area, I think that's pretty good, right?

I don't question the players that McMInn has. I think McMinn has one of the best starting 5 of anyone but the depth is not there. I like the starting 5 but what happens when your big scorer Niala Harris gets into foul trouble? going to be interesting .

I am so glad you ask that question. here is your answer. Everytime that Fire tries to get a gym around McMinn they have to pay $20 a hour. If we are lucky we will have a teacher open a gym for us but most of the time we have to pay for gyms. If you go across the creek seems like the gyms are more open to us. This would be a great feeder program for both High Schools but only one is helping out. It is not like that McMInn has not been asked. I know that one Fire coach lives within 3 miles of McMinn and he has to pay for gyms but has to go across the creek to practice since those gyms are FREE and Central wants to help out no matter where they are going to school.

Excellent answer.......sounds like somebody at McMinn needs to quit worrying about the mighty dollar......Is that a county school system thing or individual school thing ??

I hope your comment about elementary ball is joke is just sarcasm. If you are serious you are insulting many players all across the county that are putting in daily practices from September until tournament time in January, not even starting with the parents, coaches, principals and everyone else that has to dedicate time and effort. How many of these young people will look back at elementary ball as their "sports career?" We need to give our young people more opportunities at different sports instead of ridiculing those we have. Soccer at elementary level or serious softball would be a good start.

Much better. I did not think that was a comment you would make or meant in that fashion from when we've discussed basketball. I agree having been there for years that some coaches give it all, regardless of talent and work to improve talent. Others are having to coach to fulfill their job requirements. Then hope the new teacher hire in will replace them as coach.