Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

you forgot dallas carter in friday night lights cept that was a true story and wow what a great movie about high school football in the most football loving state in the USA. Texas. I have a friend who plays for southlake carrol. You think people would hate them.

Actually based on a true story - meaning not completely a true story. The order of the games is wrong, the games that injuries inflicted, etc., etc., etc. Good movie though.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HATE?

I really want to know. It is just a High School and I grant it with an above average team. To read some of the posts on here you would think it was the "Great Satan" the folks in Iraq and Iran are always talking about.

Is it just petty jelousy? Or a matter of teams not being able to beat them consistantly?

Folks it is just a bunch of high school kids playing a GAME. Everyone remember playing 'games'? For that matter does anyone remember being a 'kid'?

Granted I am also guilty of being spiteful when it comes to them. This really comes out when I see folks taking shots at them.

For ANY I have offended, I apologize, but also know I will support them. I will NOT break any laws or rules, but I will support them.

This is how I feel and how I will stand. Now please ask yourselves, what do YOU stand for and who do you support.

Enough of my little rant and Thank You for letting me get it off my chest.

See, we dont like you because of R'dale fans posting topics like this, im not mad at the team, but at the fans

I would respect them if they were playing everyone on a level field. That means playing with athletes from their own zone lines. Right now they have 3 Blackman boys: Tamar Butler, Chad Hunter, and Markus Locke. All 3 are big contributors and all 3 could have helped at Blackman. Maybe they are "in zone" right now, but they sure weren't 2 years ago. The Rollins boy is also from the Oakland zone. The list goes on and on. That is the main reason that I do not like anything about their football program.

According to an article at the beginning of the season in the Tennessean...those types of transfers are no longer allowed in RC...Look for the effects of this new rule to show up in about 2 years....Even if they move into zone they are not being allowed to transfer if they play atheltics.

I think HATE is a tough word. The problem is that a lot of other teams ARE jealous of the success Riverdale has had on the field. The total arrogance that the players carry around this town off the field is what makes people dislike them.

I think you touched on a good point, Irish. Of course some carry that arrogance onto the sidelines as well.

Look, I barely know the man....which is why I believe that postings such as the previous should be shared by PM or email but not on this board. In my opinion, it belittles your image and standing on issues. One thing I've learned about this board is to let the axe grinders talk and they eventually hang themselves in front of everyone to see. Eventually, the credibility and respect you had goes out the window when you single out a coach or player. You can have fun at their expense and make funny pictures like I do but assassinating character of a coach or player is wrong on these boards. We all make that mistake sometimes because we are passionate about this game but we have to set the example to the kids on these boards also. Believe me, there is plenty that I wanted to post when posters were going after my family right on these very boards but, as difficult as it was, the best policy was to let them make complete fools of themselves and watch them act like the monkey while their leader ground the organ. You guys have a lot of respect on here, let's keep it intact. You've got mine... :rolleyes: