McMInn Central Freshman Girls

coachfire37329

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No coach, AA rules is not talking about summer camps and such. He is alluding to something else I think.

I agree with your last comments though, that coach shows he cares about the kids and the community and works hard for northern Bradley and southern McMinn area. You will not be able to work D.Tucker.

I think he is tops. He has a great personility and knows what the kids needs to be doing at basketball. We have such great talent in our county. If we could retain all of it just for McMinn and Central. could you imagine what it would be like? this cross the creek rivary is fine but some takes it to the extreme.

Kiley did well and I felt Jordan hustled after about getting her head knocked off a couple of times fighting for rebounds. Leading you away from your favorite group of players I thought McCaslin did well and Katelyn Bivens showed some strong minutes off of the bench.

I am so glad to hear that . I am hoping they all have a great year. going to be very fun to watch both McMinn and Central this year.

:thumb:

Well, we must have bored or scared AA rules away, or else he is lurking. Hoping to hear info on the gym use. Maybe later.

No, No......have neither bored or scared me away......I am just taking a break......I just hope the old 5AA wears out our new members....Tyner is very athletic, though......

no i wasn't but was at the Englewood- junior HIgh game. had to support both teams since we have girls on both of them. SO lucky to have such wonderful talent of girls on all our teams.

as for the jamboree, Kylie they said looked like a pro. Really think she will go far if she keeps from getting injuried. that is not to say that the other freshman aren't going to be great too. If they play like i heard that they did,, they will be heard to handle.

How did the Englewood game go ?? Who did they play and how bad did they beat them ??....Who did Central beat in the jamboree ??

Central had a good game against Brainerd. They are very athletic, fast

up and down court, but Central pulled away from them in the 15 minute

jamboree, plus Central played all 13 girls while Brainerd went 7 deep.

Walker Valley wore Boyd Buchanan girls out. A school just making it up

to AA does not need to be paired to an obvious AAA school plus one that

could easily go to the state for the second year in a row.

Ironically, the Boyd boys beat the Walker Valley boys by one in their 15 minute frame.

All these girls will be going to McMinn Central. These Girls played on the same Travelling basketball team since they where 9 years old.They know the Central System real well and If Coach Morgan will use them this year you will see a very good 3AA basketball team. Very fast and very aggresive. Put these girls on your watch list for the next 4 years!!!!!! Kylie Lambert is a true deal as a point guard...

Just because they played on the same traveling team doesn't mean they are all zoned for McMinn Central.

Hope you can keep all that talent happy. Minutes wear thin when all get to play.

Kolea Latham wasn't zoned for Riceville. She attended Athens Junior High, went to Sweetwater, then mysteriously re-appeared in Athens before her senior year. The coach @ McMinn prior to this one was maybe guilty of something he always blamed Central for doing........

Kalea Latham never attended Athens Junior High School. I'm not exactly sure where she attended middle school. Wherever it was, she went straight to McMinn County High School.

School choice is important in education. It should not matter where you are "zoned" (there is no such thing in high school education). If you like what a school in your county is doing, it should be the parents' right to send their child to that school. It does not matter what embittered high school athletics fans or coaches think. What should be done is what is best for the child. If you have a strong program (academic or athletic), you will attract the students. It should be about parents' choice.

Kalea Latham never attended Athens Junior High School. I'm not exactly sure where she attended middle school. Wherever it was, she went straight to McMinn County High School.

School choice is important in education. It should not matter where you are "zoned" (there is no such thing in high school education). If you like what a school in your county is doing, it should be the parents' right to send their child to that school. It does not matter what embittered high school athletics fans or coaches think. What should be done is what is best for the child. If you have a strong program (academic or athletic), you will attract the students. It should be about parents' choice.

DITTO,, I AGREE FULLY WITH THIS STATEMENT. ....

i AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT THE PARENTS AND THE GIRLS WILL SUPPORT EACH OTHER. THIS IS A GREAT GROUP OF KIDS AND PARENTS ALSO. RIGHT NOW I DON'T SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENING .

I can honestly say that there is "SOME" tension, you can't have a competitive spirit and not, but I can also say that when one girl makes a great play everyone is excited, whether it's blood or not. There has been alot of blood, sweat, and tears to get to where they are, and playing time during their freshmen year is not going to break that. These girls and parents know this is a four year program. There is going to be a need for one or two girls this year, three or four next year, and the year after that more. There is plenty of time. Kylie is where she deserves to be. Jaryn, Gabby, Chelsea, Lizard (Elizabeth for those outsiders), etc will get time this year and more as the team needs them or as they improve to push their way on up. I could be wrong, but I don't see Coach Morgan playing a weaker player just because they are "SOMEBODY". Do the work, earn the time.

One thing I do believe. These girls give the starters something to think about during practice. They are not that far from being replaced, and that makes them better. So even if these girls don't step on the floor this year. Central will be better for them setting on the bench, and pushing the starters. I don't think that was a factor last year.

Oh, Maroon, I'm not pestimistic (nor a good speller). I just thought that Central looked bad that one night at Heritage. They had some better games at Walker Valley and looked better. I would still like to see more feeds to the post, but that's just personal preference.