Friendship Christian @ South Pittsburg

Well, here is my take. FCS and SP are both young teams and most like will be right there again next year. I hope so. Playoff rivalries are GREAT!! I am proud of SP. They played so hard all year long considering the inexperience and youth.

My opinion--- and with no disrespect to Vic, but COACHING in crucial situations put WAY too much pressure on the team.

My opinion--- with no disrespect to FCS, COACHING beat us.

Thanks for the wonderful season and good luck with the rest.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former starters at Lebanon High? Give me a break. You mean Friendship is starting to get players from other programs? If this is true then give them a few years and they will be just like D.C.A. and C.P.A. then. How are other programs going to be able to compete if they get players from other programs. That's great news for all public schools. F.C.S is already good and now they are getting kids from other programs. That stinks and it just seems so unfair. We never get kids from other schools to play.

Former starters at Lebanon High? Give me a break. You mean Friendship is starting to get players from other programs? If this is true then give them a few years and they will be just like D.C.A. and C.P.A. then. How are other programs going to be able to compete if they get players from other programs. That's great news for all public schools. F.C.S is already good and now they are getting kids from other programs. That stinks and it just seems so unfair. We never get kids from other schools to play.

You'll want to read back through some of the posts from RUBlind!!!. He is a LHS supporter that is none to happy about the defections. However, the defections were done well within the rules. All have sat out for the appropriate amount of time per TSSAA rules. Matter of a fact, the QB at FCS (and was to be the LHS QB starter) is a very good baseball player and had to sit out last year until his full year per sport transfer penalty was complete. It's just like those that transfer to the open enrollment schools like Brentwood or Maryville. But you don't here folks complain about that.

As another note, the FCS junior high teams have been waxing folks for the last three years. I believe they have a record of 22-3 (give or take a game) with wins over 5A schools such as Mt. Juliet and WJB and the likes of CPA, DCA, and just about everyone else.

We are looking forward to the next few years for sure! ;)

to the player/student/parent from FCS(not sure which it was but pretty sure it was a player) who made a comment to the robinson brothers after the game about thier grandma.....i really hope you know what you said was WRONG !! the comment was something to the affect of "now you can go home to your dying grandmother"!! and i hope that you know that you deserved what you recieved after that comment!!!! i pity people like you

Edited by joeboxxer047

to the player/student/parent from FCS(not sure which it was but pretty sure it was a player) who made a comment to the robinson brothers after the game about thier grandma.....i really hope you know what you said was WRONG !! the comment was something to the affect of "now you can go home to your dying grandmother"!! and i hope that you know that you deserved what you recieved after that comment!!!! i pity people like you

I seriously doubt that was said by anyone from FCS. Get some class buddy and don't use someone else's dying grandmother to make a statement.

And for curiosity sake ... what exactly did they "receive"?

Private School kids are the worst.

Good season South Pitt. I really wanted to see you get by Friendship but you jsut came up 1 point short which isnt bad at all. Expectations are h igh if you ask me for South Pitt next year only have 6 seniors on the squad. Its about time they got by the region 3 champ. :D Good luck against Trousedale next week Friendship, im pullin for you. ;)

Edited by reaction

hello... i was at the game and i will admitt it, i was supporting friendship... i cannot speak for all of friendship but i have been to many of their games and no they are not perfect little christians, but no one is.... i am by no means saying that insulting that young man's grandmother was something acceptable, and in fact i apoligize for any person from friendship that said it... i do not think it would have been a parent, but a student might have said it and i am sorry... i would just like to apoligize for any person on the friendship side who said that or anything close to it. Also, i hear alot of people insulting friendship based on one or two bad apples at the school who are unchristian... well, think of it this way... just as a public school has some christians at it, there are some unchristian acting people at friendship... i am sorry for their behavior and i ask you do not judge the whole school by their actions... good game south pitt. great team and i hope to see you again next year. good luck green go get those jackets...

My prediction is that the winner of the S.P. Trousdale game will be in the state championship against Jo Byrnes. What do the rest of you think? It's comments like this from SpStatebound that shows that SP was looking ahead and they ran into some tough comp who did not back down. I really don't have too much respect for the South Pittsburg football program as a whole because of stories that I have heard about them. They seem like a very arrogant bunch that win the things don't go their way they like to fight and like if someone if playing with them they like to get 15 yard penalites for hitting players out of bounds. If they get beat the Sp fans or players want to go fight and blame someone eles for their shortcomings when in reality it's their own fault. I beleive that not many of the players have respect for their opponents due to posts by people like SpStatebound. They looked pass the opponent and got what they had coming for them. Even if they would have got the win Trousdale would have exposed their weaknesses. They have no one to blame but themselves and it all goes back to the adults which would be the teachers and coaches for installing some sort of disipline among the team. I have heard about the way they have handled some certain situations and it was not the right thing to do, but I guess you reapt what you so.

You can't base anything on the Whitwell game. That is a rivlary game. SP got penalty after penalty for bad mouthing and etc. This will be entirely different. I assure you the qb can get it to him. But they really won't need too as they will go right through FC. As for the 8th grader better keep him off the field where he will stay safe. SP plays rough house football. They are better the second half than the first if they need to be.

Eat up baby. :thumb:

Ghostwriter I don't know what you are talking about. South Pitt does not fight after games. They were not overlooking FCS. I think everyone understood that these were 2 pretty even teams going into this game. I mean the game was a virtual deadlock. In the end the team that made the most mistakes lost. That is usually how it goes when 2 pretty even teams play. Late hitting out of bounds? I recall some FCS players doing a little taunting during the game too. That is just the way kids do sometimes. You can say you don't respect our program if you want too, but it is a good program and that is the bottom line. We had a team this year that far exceeded everyone's expectations. It was just 1 year ago that we only won 3 games. We will get back to where we once were in the 90's. Small public schools can't be great every year. We wish you luck on the rest of your season. Hope you compete well.