Fireworks

ghsmom08

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know it is a TSSAA Rule that NO EXPLOSIVE DEVICES are allowed in regular or playoff games. I would hate to see a team in the playoffs get disqualified over a few FIREWORKS. Don't even try it Someone will use it against you and call things unfair. I have read enough of these posts to know alot of people need a reason why there team loses. I would hate it to be over fireworks......

There is no way they can really enforce it unless the school itself is doing the fireworks and it is a planned school thing. JCM had fireworks this year. It was before and DURING the game. Yeah that`s right there were fireworks at the ROCK during the game. And get this....the fireworks were lit and displayed from the stands. But here is the thing...we were playing Trezevant and the fireworks were set off on their side (visitors) JCM didn`t do it, and I`m sure if you called Trezevant and asked someone in authority there that they would tell you that they didn`t do it either. It was just some fans in the stands I presume. are they gonna kick someone out of the playoffs for that? NO! They can`t.

I understand why the rule is there. But unless it`s actually the school that sponsers the fireworks and it`s during the game, then what can they do? Now that I think of it, last year there was a huge fireworks display at a USJ game. Someone please correct me if I`m wrong. It was performed by an actual fireworks company and billed to be the largest ever in Jackson.

Hit says "No explosive devices shall be allowed in regular season or playoff games."

Of coarse, I cain't reed sech jibberish. I no plinty of folks who wood let fireworrks bee shot in they're yards off the sckool grownds. :justwrestle: Ronny Cater, putt that in ye pipe an smoke it. :D

Festus...do ya think this include guns too? Wouldn`t it be a shame if a feller couldn`t shoot off a few rounds after his team makes a touchdown?

VG (who was j/k)

Just to let everyone know it is a TSSAA Rule that NO EXPLOSIVE DEVICES are allowed in regular or playoff games. I would hate to see a team in the playoffs get disqualified over a few FIREWORKS. Don't even try it Someone will use it against you and call things unfair. I have read enough of these posts to know alot of people need a reason why there team loses. I would hate it to be over fireworks......

Who busted your bubble? Let me guess....did your team get beat on account of fireworks :D ? C'mon...give me a break :justwrestle:

Festus...do ya think this include guns too? Wouldn`t it be a shame if a feller couldn`t shoot off a few rounds after his team makes a touchdown?

VG (who was j/k)

As long as ye are offf the sckool propertie, they ain,t no law again chuting guns inn Morgin Cownty. That is, as long as thay ain,t aimmed at anyboddy. Of coarse ye cain,t chute guns in the capital city of WhartBurg. Butt they ain't got nuthing to sellabrate out their, anyhoot. :thumb:

Edited by festus

Who busted your bubble? Let me guess....did your team get beat on account of fireworks :thumb: ? C'mon...give me a break :thumb:

No my Team didn't get beat. As a matter of fact we are going to the second round.

I was making this comment because I would hate to see a TEAM disqualified. I would hate it if the boys had to pay for someone else's mistake. Could you face your child knowing that that were knocked out of the playoffs because the school, booster club or other parents shoot some fireworks off to celebrate? I know as a parent I would hate to see the look on my childs face.

I don't know if it is enforced or not I just wouldn't tkae a chance. Look at it this way: All of these BOYS & TEAMS have 3 Months of HARD WORK that could be shot down with a SPARKLE.

So give me a Break!