Gleason vs Westview

RunAndJump

Pukebags for everyone!!!!

I thought it was very sloppy on both sides of the ball. Both teams have alot of work to do, if they want to meet their goals.

When R Auvenshine gets back, and after a little work, say a month, Gleason will be hard to handle at tourney time! Hudson made Westview look bad a couple of times on defense, but she does that to alot of teams. The Filtz girl looked like she is back to nearly full strength, she will help inside!

Latoya was the strongest girl on the floor, and I didn't see much out of her. Kendra Owens never took the ball to the basket. Westview looked lethargic (spelling) on offense. On a good note, it was good to see L Crittendon back to, what appeared to be, full strength. And I also saw some signs of defense being played, and I heard SS Warlord say "We don't allow any layups" with authority!!!! That might take some time to learn as we allowed 15 a game last year! :thumb:

Good luck to both squads this year, and maybe Weakley Co can get 3 teams to Murfreesboro!!!!

Perry Co was also there, and probably was the 3rd best team in the gym! Westview plays at Perry Co in a HOF game next week, I think...should be a good solid test for both teams!

Edited by WesCharge

Pukebags for everyone!!!!

I thought it was very sloppy on both sides of the ball. Both teams have alot of work to do, if they want to meet their goals.

When R Auvenshine gets back, and after a little work, say a month, Gleason will be hard to handle at tourney time! Hudson made Westview look bad a couple of times on defense, but she does that to alot of teams. The Filtz girl looked like she is back to nearly full strength, she will help inside!

Latoya was the strongest girl on the floor, and I didn't see much out of her. Kendra Owens never took the ball to the basket. Westview looked lethargic (spelling) on offense. On a good note, it was good to see L Crittendon back to, what appeared to be, full strength. And I also saw some signs of defense being played, and I heard SS Warlord say "We don't allow any layups" with authority!!!! That might take some time to learn as we allowed 15 a game last year! :thumb:

Good luck to both squads this year, and maybe Weakley Co can get 3 teams to Murfreesboro!!!!

Perry Co was also there, and probably was the 3rd best team in the gym! Westview plays at Perry Co in a HOF game next week, I think...should be a good solid test for both teams!

Both teams will be very good. Westview will go through an adjustment period because of the change in the defensive philosophy but they will be there come tournament time. Gleason will be as well. Who is the better player Hudson or Edney?

Both teams will be very good. Westview will go through an adjustment period because of the change in the defensive philosophy but they will be there come tournament time. Gleason will be as well. Who is the better player Hudson or Edney?

Hudson...she was the best player (team player) in the gym yesterday.

Edited by WesCharge

Wescharge,

I heard people at work talking about the games. They said that Edney did not play well yesterday. However, they said that the gleason girl did a great defensive job on her and basically shut her down. They thought that Avenshine guarded Edney, but I know that is not true because she is hurt. Which one of the Gleason girls guarded her?

Wescharge, what happened to our Westview girls - people said that they did not play worth a flip. Is the Warlord's style that different from last year? Also, how deep do you think our bench will be? It appears that we might be 10 or 12 deep. How will we find playing time for all that talent?

Edited by westviewman

Wescharge,

I heard people at work talking about the games. They said that Edney did not play well yesterday. However, they said that the gleason girl did a great defensive job on her and basically shut her down. They thought that Avenshine guarded Edney, but I know that is not true because she is hurt. Which one of the Gleason girls guarded her?

Wescharge, what happened to our Westview girls - people said that they did not play worth a flip. Is the Warlord's style that different from last year? Also, how deep do you think our bench will be? It appears that we might be 10 or 12 deep. How will we find playing time for all that talent?

Auvenshine was out with an ACL. I think Price guarded her, she is one of their best defenders at the guard position.

The Warlord will be fine, it is just going to take a little time to get going, offensive styles will be similar, if not the same. I think we will play some defense this year, and not give away points just to get the game going up and down. Teams will not get any free layups this year without someone getting yelled at! That defensive philosophy will take a while, as the last defense that was played at Westview was by Cavin and that bunch of kids, and so this group can score but the challenge will be to see who wants to do the dirty work on defense. Cierra Thomas could shine in this role, as she is quick and tough on the boards, and has a nose for the ball. D Higgs could really drive the opposing guards crazy defensively also. The parts are there to have a golden season. The key will be to mesh the parts together and get some team unity. Whenever Latoya decides to start playing to the ability that she is capable, look out. The whole team will look better!!

One thing that I guess is a good problem.....1-8 we are very solid, and could be led in scoring by any of the 8 on any given nite! That is a problem alot of teams dont have, as they have 2-3 scorers. The team we play will have to score 60 and be about 8-9 deep to beat us!