Boone's Midgets

jhite4058

Can, could, shall, should

didn't, couldn't, should of...etc

This is the difference between good and great teams. South did have a chance, I won't deny that for a second. South COULD have blown this game wide open, yet they didn't. That's the difference. A good team can make mistakes and you can say "well they should have and could have done this, had them on the ropes yes sir" yet................they messed up. A great team will not make those errors.

People can say left and right that South could have had a 35-7 game, yet those "silly mistakes" are going to cost them big in upcoming rounds. They SHOULD have capitalized, yet they didn't.

Now am *not* I saying that South will lose for sure against MoWest, no sir. Every team has a chance on any given Friday. But making silly, simple mistakes as some might put it, will cost you huge in these all or nothing games.

*Edit for me speedily typing away!

I appreciate your input, but I was talking to Blazer58. I think he plays for Boone and I wanted his input on what it's like to actually play both of these teams from a physical standpoint. You are correct though, shoulda coulda stuff gets you nowhere. South needs to play a better game mentally against MoWest. They could get by with their C game vs. Boone, but they need their A game vs. West. Thanks again.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate your input, but I was talking to Blazer58. I think he plays for Boone and I wanted his input on what it's like to actually play both of these teams from a physical standpoint. You are correct though, shoulda coulda stuff gets you nowhere. South needs to play a better game mentally against MoWest. They could get by with their C game vs. Boone, but they need their A game vs. West. Thanks again.

Yes, I have played both teams and here is what it really breaks down to:

South-

Great bunch of guys (despite jhite's posts), prob the cleanest team we have played. Some very talented individuals, a good football team, very strong defense. South has a strong offense in Phillips but they lack size up front, that is the thing I remember most about South, they average around 230lbs on the line of scrimmage. They are fast/athletic though, but I have def. had rougher games up front then I did against South.

When I mention rougher games, Im referring to teams like M.West. Wow, some tremendous size/strength up front that is getting serious D1 looks and will prob demolish about any front they face this year

Two very strong teams offensivly, but I do recall West seeming to lack a little on defense. Sky did have a big night against them and South, well South held us in check. South's defense wins this comparison.

So why do I say West wins by a margin?-South (my opionon) is strong offensivly and has a better defense, but West's offense is that much stronger. They can pass the ball and they host two hoss running backs that will be South's demise. Yes I realize South had it in our redzone numerous times without scoring...but if you recall they got the ball in their territory from our shanked punts half the game anyway. Stop Phillips, and South falls simpily because their back is a hard runner, nothing flashy, and doesn't compare to the backs that Morristown boasts.

Could turn out to be a game though, depends on who comes ready to play.

First and Foremost,I play for sullivan south and would like to congradulate Boone on the wonderful season. They are a great ball club and represented the school the way a school would want to be. As for the small middle linebackers Calvin and Mitch you played a great game and are very talented. The only problem I had was the rudeness out off the "Hunter C. hate club" (for the signs), I understand there may be bad blood but he was punished and continued to get up and with no fight towards the other players. That was extremely rude and as for the FANS that post the Jhite posts I apologize, may this great hate only turn into rivlary game the continues into Bball season.

First and Foremost,I play for sullivan south and would like to congradulate Boone on the wonderful season. They are a great ball club and represented the school the way a school would want to be. As for the small middle linebackers Calvin and Mitch you played a great game and are very talented. The only problem I had was the rudeness out off the "Hunter C. hate club" (for the signs), I understand there may be bad blood but he was punished and continued to get up and with no fight towards the other players. That was extremely rude and as for the FANS that post the Jhite posts I apologize, may this great hate only turn into rivlary game the continues into Bball season.

Yea, I like Hunter, we grew up together, I don't know who came up with those.

MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE A GROWTH SPERT BY NEXT YEAR AND GROW TO ABOUT

5 FOOT FIVE. HOPEFULLY THEY HIT PUBERTY AND GROW A SACK THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

I only wish someone had brought your immaturity to my attention much earlier. You would not have been with us nearly as long if they had.

Edited by coacht

I also play for South on the offensive side of the ball. I dont know why people make fun of Boone's linebackers, true they may be small but i can tell you from experience that they hit hard and play with alot of heart. They are probably two of the toughest linebackers i've tried to run on all year, they fill the hole hard and dont let go. I would like to say congrats to Boone on a great season and a hard fought game last friday night. Hopefully South will keep rolling Friday night in Death Valley.

If you're offense comes out firing like it did in the last few games then i see a south win. Play 2nd half football the whole game. Good luck

West better wear a trojan cause friday they're screwed.

Making a quad post mistake automatically means your smack talk is denied.

Points for trying though. :thumb:

Anyway, If MoWest plays like they should, they'll win this ballgame, but I think it will be a close one all the way. South has a chance in it though, and it would be kinda sweet to see South go to the fourth round, but I just don't think it is going to happen.

But because I equally don't like South and D-B fans and their bickering, I'm routing for MoWest in this one. :o

If you're offense comes out firing like it did in the last few games then i see a south win. Play 2nd half football the whole game. Good luck

West better wear a trojan cause friday they're screwed.

Hey JHite4058, your new name is more fitting. Better think up yet another name though. CoachT will not put up with your stupid crap.

This Year, DB - 7

South - 6

Next Year, DB - 47

South - 6

13 straight :lol:

The more things change, the more they stay the same! :lol:

Hey JHite4058, your new name is more fitting. Better think up yet another name though. CoachT will not put up with your stupid crap.

This Year, DB - 7

South - 6

Next Year, DB - 47

South - 6

13 straight :D

The more things change, the more they stay the same! :D

Would you be willing to go ahead and make a wager on next year? I'll be glad to have the Rebs and 41. You name the price and I'll even let one of your buddies hold the money. No limit.