11aa

HHSnumber1fan

There is really no reason waisting our time talking about this district because anyone who go's to region from it will be slaughtered by Bolivar and Liberty Tech.

Well at least you got it through your thick head that waverly isn't any good and they won't even go to regions but if I am not mistaking harpeth went into double overtime with liberty tech, but i might be wrong but if i am right then that would be a good game and coach wilson will not let the indians get slaughtered by anyone this season.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is really no reason waisting our time talking about this district because anyone who go's to region from it will be slaughtered by Bolivar and Liberty Tech.

Actually at Murray State basketball camp this year Harpeth played Liberty Tech and only lost by 2 in like the last seconds of the game .... there are some teams in the district who can play with those type teams if they bring their A game and arent intimidated

Actually at Murray State basketball camp this year Harpeth played Liberty Tech and only lost by 2 in like the last seconds of the game .... there are some teams in the district who can play with those type teams if they bring their A game and arent intimidated

harpeth has something good goin for them this year...they will make it far, they will go as far as waverly did last year and may even git further....

Harpeth[/url]ballinouttacontrol24' date='Nov 12 2005 - 07:57 AM' post='825826065']

Scott Erland is the best in the district... hands down he can shoot the three ... he can dunk even better than last year and he has post moves to make an inside game to round off his offensive arsenal..then you hafta think about defense...he is swatting mess off the boards left and right this year i guarantee it...West is not close to mvp .... he looks better than he is because he has to hog the ball in order for stewart county to even be within 20 points of teams.

Erland has skill i'll give you that, but you are crazy if you think that west isn't better because when west is double teamed his stats don't change he still puts up all the numbers like normal, but if you double team Erland lets see what kind of stats he has then.

Based upon the performances of last years underclassmen, I potentially see Harpeth 1st, Sycamore 2nd, and think that Montgomery Central will surprise many and finish 3rd. I know nothing about Fairview. The teams that are well coached and continue to get better as the year progresses will advance to the Regions. Playing the likes of Liberty, Bolivar, and Lexington will not be easy.

Edited by mkhhawk

Based upon the performances of last years underclassmen, I potentially see Harpeth 1st, Sycamore 2nd, and think that Montgomery Central will surprise many and finish 3rd. I know nothing about Fairview. The teams that are well coached and continue to get better as the year progresses will advance to the Regions. Playing the likes of Liberty, Bolivar, and Lexington will not be easy.

i dont really see mont cent gittin past 5th.... but i do agree that the teams that are well coached and continue to git better will make it far this year...but it will also depend on how bad the teams want to win each game, jus like last year when cheatham county beat waverly at home...

yea and harpeth was playign with six people for 4 quarters and two overtimes and still only lost by two 2 liberty tech so i think if they bring there A game like he said they might have a chance of pulling one out

:thumb: It's a moot point. Erland has much more help surrounding him than West does and there's no need for him to fight a double team, much less a triple team. If that's what he sees down low, somebody's going to be shooting layups. :lol:

I don't see how you can say that is a moot point because i'm not

talking or questioning erland's skill i am just saying West is better.

Guest catfish-hunter

Jake West (Stewart Co.) is the most valuable player in this district and here is why:

Remember Noel Smith folks???? He carried a very average Cubs bunch for the past two years. Without him they were probably the worst team in the district last year. West is the same thing to Stewart Co.'s basketball team. Without him they are lucky to win five games this year. I think that based on what everyone saw from the Rebels at the end of the year last year West will carry Stewart Co. to the Regional Tourney this year.

Scott Erland is a terrific player on a really good team in Harpeth. Jamie Wilson's Indians are likely the hands down favorites to win the district this year and the numbers do not lie. They return Erland, Newton, Giltner, etc. on a team that finished one game shy of going to the substate last year. Jesse Moulton from Sycamore is another likely finalist to win the award but again Jesse plays on a good team that will make some noise this year. He has players around him like Bullard, Lohin, etc. and those guys have been to the substate before and played the defending two-time champs to a tight game in their own gym.

This award is not who is the best player on the best team. The award is instead who is the one player who makes the biggest positive difference on his team's overall success. West will be that guy when February arrives, trust me folks :unsure: