BOLIVAR CETNTRAL SCHEUDLE!

btownballer07

Montague1

Seems everyone is hating on Lexington, and I am not sure why. We just beat one of Alabama's (Bob Jones) best teams by only 16 points. I am not going to say that we will walk through this district like we did last year, but we are going to win some big ones and you can bet on that !!!! :thumb: I get the feeling some people are taking us lightly, it is just a matter of time!! We have won over 20 games each year for the past 5 years in WEST TENNESSEE (where the best basketball is played - that is NOT JUST LUCK my friends) !!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montague1

Seems everyone is hating on Lexington, and I am not sure why. We just beat one of Alabama's (Bob Jones) best teams by only 16 points. I am not going to say that we will walk through this district like we did last year, but we are going to win some big ones and you can bet on that !!!! :thumb: I get the feeling some people are taking us lightly, it is just a matter of time!! We have won over 20 games each year for the past 5 years in WEST TENNESSEE (where the best basketball is played - that is NOT JUST LUCK my friends) !!!

The only thing I know about Lexington is that they lost by 12 or so to Middleton at Middleton. They have some good athletes, but i don't think they will be able to compete with Bolivar or Liberty.

Montague1

And you have dodged the best teams in West Tenn for 5 years. Look I'm an alumi of Lexington we have a great team. But we have not been playing the comp we used to play. When I was there we played Haywood( with Tony Delk), Hardin Co ( with Corey Johnson he only put up 72 points on us), and Northside ( with Devon Whiteside and Marcus Hicks).No doubt Lexington can take any team in 11AA.

Edited by montague1

And you have dodge the best teams in West Tenn for 5 years. Look I'm an alumi of Lexington we have a great team. But we have not been playing the comp we used to play. When I was there we played Haywood( with Tony Delk), Hardin Co ( with Corey Johnson he only put up 72 points on us), and Northside ( with Devon Whiteside and Marcus Hicks).No doubt Lexington can take any team in 11AA.

I sympathize with your thoughts and Lexington played some awesome teams/players back in the day, but we are talking about 2005 - AAU competition trained athletes in all districts. Winning 20 games is not just luck - the comp "back in the day" had a few stars (Delk, etc.) , but not what we have been seeing. We are not comparing apples to apples if you know what I mean. Again, "back in the day" you were good, but high school bball is at a much different level today. Do you remember anyone training all year long "back in the day?" Or coaches that had the ability to put together consecutive winning years in West Tenn like Gardner has. I don't think so. Be confident, good things are about to happen. This is going to be one of the best years ever at Lexington.

Edited by TheSmoothJuker

Lexington wont beat Bolivar and Liberty, atleast not when it counts. we went through all this bs last year about how Lexington was gonna smoke Bolivar in region and what happened, they didnt even get that far. just take a back seat for now son...Btown and Liberty will be the 2 teams coming out of this region and both be in the boro.

I sympathize with your thoughts and Lexington played some awesome teams/players back in the day, but we are talking about 2005 - AAU competition trained athletes in all districts. Winning 20 games is not just luck - the comp "back in the day" had a few stars (Delk, etc.) , but not what we have been seeing. We are not comparing apples to apples if you know what I mean. Again, "back in the day" you were good, but high school bball is at a much different level today. Do you remember anyone training all year long "back in the day?" Or coaches that had the ability to put together consecutive winning years in West Tenn like Gardner has. I don't think so. Be confident, good things are about to happen. This is going to be one of the best years ever at Lexington.

I guess they just invented AAU after I graduated, my bad.

I have hope for this season, but we all know Lexington has not played this tough a schedule in years. You act as if I'm writting off my old school. With Bomar and Staton playing good ball Lexington is a threat to anybody. All I'm saying is Lexington has not played this type of comp in a long long time. Playing Bob Jones this weekend helps because thats a tough team. When we get Kevis back this team will be even tougher. He's had the task of guarding Kemp since he was 11 in AAU ball. And by the way all the guys I mentioned played AAU, and till this day nobody has put up more points on Lexington than Corey Johnson. 72 points in 1 game, but I guess he doesnt compare to todays athletes.

He could've signed with Arkansas State early in the year but passed it up. He ended up going to a Junior College in Texas. Rose is back this year and has added 8 inches to his vertical this summer, along with losing around 20 pounds. He looks like a basketball player now. :) Marcus Johnson is back and also our PG Toylon Smith is also back, I'm sure you remember Toylon if you watched any of our tournament games last year. We also have a transfer that had 23 pts and 23 reb last Tuesday. Should be another fun season :)

I guess they just invented AAU after I graduated, my bad.

I have hope for this season, but we all know Lexington has not played this tough a schedule in years. You act as if I'm writting off my old school. With Bomar and Staton playing good ball Lexington is a threat to anybody. All I'm saying is Lexington has not played this type of comp in a long long time. Playing Bob Jones this weekend helps because thats a tough team. When we get Kevis back this team will be even tougher. He's had the task of guarding Kemp since he was 11 in AAU ball. And by the way all the guys I mentioned played AAU, and till this day nobody has put up more points on Lexington than Corey Johnson. 72 points in 1 game, but I guess he doesnt compare to todays athletes.

Bomar - Staton - Kevis on D and Mack leading them will be quite a season. Again, I agree Corey Johnson was good/great - but the key today is there is more Corey Johnsons playing the game. We are just lucky to have a coach like Gardner that has so much AAU experience and knows the game so well. I have heard that Mack has sharpened his 3 and will be knocking them down this year -This is going to be an awesome season!!!!!!!!