Toughest Tournaments

werazzlin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sommers,

...is up there...what are you smoking? By far the toughest tournaments in the state are the McCallie tournament, don't even try to argue another and the Ryan tournament. The G.P. West tournament is a good tournament. The Bradley tournament is getting better every year. Houston and Christian Brothers put on a pretty good tournament. However, I believe you have been influenced too much by that always top of the line, slugfest of a tournament, the Dog Pound Invitational. The outstanding wrestling at this tournament has clogged your mind. Please, when you come to the state tournament, share what you are smoking. I would encourage you to attend the Ryan tournament this year, however, I see you will be preoccupied with the stellar competition at Smyrna.

Good luck to you at the Dog Pound tournament, for I am sure there will be many state champions in the great city of Smyrna that weekend. Stellar tournament.

Hespinnedref cool the jets. Sommers was just offering some love for the "Dog Pound". Ruff Ruff! I think that all these tournaments are pretty good but none tougher than McCallie. Remember 1 team doesn't make your tournament the best. It takes more than that.

Now on the other hand I haven't heard anything about the toughest dual meet tournament. This one goes to Cleveland hands down. We have such a strong tournament and teams coming from all parts of the state. Just think, we do have DI and DII teams competing. If I recall a couple of years ago McCallie came to this tournament and was handed a quick exit. Although I did hear most of their boys were taking SAT's that morning and were not there. Anyway, Cleveland Duals get my vote for strongest Dual Meet Tournament.

Sommers,

...is up there...what are you smoking? By far the toughest tournaments in the state are the McCallie tournament, don't even try to argue another and the Ryan tournament. The G.P. West tournament is a good tournament. The Bradley tournament is getting better every year. Houston and Christian Brothers put on a pretty good tournament. However, I believe you have been influenced too much by that always top of the line, slugfest of a tournament, the Dog Pound Invitational. The outstanding wrestling at this tournament has clogged your mind. Please, when you come to the state tournament, share what you are smoking. I would encourage you to attend the Ryan tournament this year, however, I see you will be preoccupied with the stellar competition at Smyrna.

Good luck to you at the Dog Pound tournament, for I am sure there will be many state champions in the great city of Smyrna that weekend. Stellar tournament.

Well, judging from the following, you are not Herm, or the Vol. Perhaps snobhater?

Coach Connell,

You are a true champion and NOBODY should question your judgement. Your record speaks for itself.

He has proven over the years that his shuffling of weights has proved to be successful. When you enter a school and participate in an athletic competion, you are entrusting the wrestling coach to make the correct move. Had Coach Connell not put the wrestlers at these designated weight classes, McCallie would not have been in the running, much less, with a chance to win the tournament. Coach Connell did what he thought best for the team.

... tell us how many state champions you have produced and how many state championships you have won. I would put Coach Connell's record up against anybody who is questioning his motives, or integrety.

Keep up the great work at McCallie.

P.S. All of you attacking Coach Connell, how many times have you beaten him and how many times have you lost? The proof is in the pudding. Nobody in Tennessee can match his record.

By the way, How would your team match up with the following top teams at last year's G. P. West?

1. EVANSVILLE(In) MATER DEI 269.00

2. FRANKLIN 230.00

3. SODDY DAISY 198.50

4. CLARKSVILLE 128.50

5. RIDGEWAY 119.50

6. BRENTWOOD 108.50

7. RAVENWOOD 81.00

8. COOKEVILLE 80.00

9. OVERTON 79.50

10. MCCALLIE 74.50

Quick note to clarify: Connell probably held back 4-5 of his top hitters in this one and may have ended up in the top three with those points.

Edited by Sommers

Toughest Duals...

1. Cleveland

2. Christian Brothers. Top teams from TN, MO, and AL.

3. Sycamore which moved from Kenwood. We have some of the toughest teams in TN. Including Franklin, Clarksville, Collierville, MBA, Christian Brothers and Kenwood. Fort Campbell and Christian County will bring some tough competition from KY. Last year Soddy was in the mix but had a conflict. Hartselle, AL got a new coach and Cleveland had a conflict. It will still be a tough tournament though.

Edited by coachmasters

Well, judging from the following, you are not Herm, or the Vol. Perhaps snobhater?

Coach Connell,

You are a true champion and NOBODY should question your judgement. Your record speaks for itself.

He has proven over the years that his shuffling of weights has proved to be successful. When you enter a school and participate in an athletic competion, you are entrusting the wrestling coach to make the correct move. Had Coach Connell not put the wrestlers at these designated weight classes, McCallie would not have been in the running, much less, with a chance to win the tournament. Coach Connell did what he thought best for the team.

... tell us how many state champions you have produced and how many state championships you have won. I would put Coach Connell's record up against anybody who is questioning his motives, or integrety.

Keep up the great work at McCallie.

P.S. All of you attacking Coach Connell, how many times have you beaten him and how many times have you lost? The proof is in the pudding. Nobody in Tennessee can match his record.

By the way, How would your team match up with the following top teams at last year's G. P. West?

1. EVANSVILLE(In) MATER DEI 269.00

2. FRANKLIN 230.00

3. SODDY DAISY 198.50

4. CLARKSVILLE 128.50

5. RIDGEWAY 119.50

6. BRENTWOOD 108.50

7. RAVENWOOD 81.00

8. COOKEVILLE 80.00

9. OVERTON 79.50

10. MCCALLIE 74.50

Quick note to clarify: Connell probably held back 4-5 of his top hitters in this one and may have ended up in the top three with those points.

Where did this come from? Are you on the wrong thread?

McCallie is traditionally the strongest tournament (individual in TN), Cleveland and then CBHS are tops in duals.

Last years McCallie was the strongest, in my opinion, top to bottom with Franklin surprising a few in the 'traditional" wrestling capital of the south.

1. Walton 191.50

2. Franklin 187.50

3. Sequoyah 166.50

4. Harrison 164.00

5. Baylor 162.50

6. Ringgold 153.00

7. Soddy Daisy 147.00

8. McEachern 137.50

9. McCallie 132.00

10. Father Ryan 122.50

Again, we must all admit, G. P. West is amongst the strongest traditional tournaments in TN.

My mention of a previous statement from hespinnedref (regarding GC) only helps us remember that he may have an agenda, but its not anything against the Big Blue, or BC as he suggests in a previous post on this particular string. May be a snobhater relative though.

Hespinnedref cool the jets. Sommers was just offering some love for the "Dog Pound". Ruff Ruff! I think that all these tournaments are pretty good but none tougher than McCallie. Remember 1 team doesn't make your tournament the best. It takes more than that.

Now on the other hand I haven't heard anything about the toughest dual meet tournament. This one goes to Cleveland hands down. We have such a strong tournament and teams coming from all parts of the state. Just think, we do have DI and DII teams competing. If I recall a couple of years ago McCallie came to this tournament and was handed a quick exit. Although I did hear most of their boys were taking SAT's that morning and were not there. Anyway, Cleveland Duals get my vote for strongest Dual Meet Tournament.

You and hespinnedref are just jellious that we have the best hospitality room and concessions in the state AND THAT WE GOT ANOTHER POWERFUL PURPLE TEAM IN OUR TOURNAMENT.