Mr Football Finalists Announced

ParisRiverRat

this is not a career award

Drew Hayes's season stats are good enough to make him a finalist!! His career plays in some as it does with all candidates. If you want to talk about players who just might deserve some consideration but, aren't getting it, ask the folks in Camden about a kid named Josh Boyd.

Congrats to Jonathan DeBerry, Boo Weathers, Chris Donald, Drew Hayes, Adam Milligan, Russel Noles, and Marei Guy.

Thanks for all the great football you provide for us West Tennessee fans.

:thumb::D:):thumb:

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1A Back Finalist Dustin Dillehay has some pretty nice stats on the year...I think for the regualr season he was 84 0f 128 for 1,539 yard with 13 TDs...he has only been picked off a couple times...he has 80 rushes for 509yds and 8 TDS...he plays on both sides of the ball...he has 5 picks on the year (2 returned for TDs) and numerous of tackles...last week in the 1st round he threw for 2 TDs, ran for 1 TD, returned a fumble for a TD, intercepted 2 passes, and had 4 tackles...the kid is an athlete...he shows leadership on and off the field...with Trousdale's offense being balanced like it is one would have to agree he has some pretty good stats...

Drew Hayes's season stats are good enough to make him a finalist!! His career plays in some as it does with all candidates. If you want to talk about players who just might deserve some consideration but, aren't getting it, ask the folks in Camden about a kid named Josh Boyd.

:thumb::):thumb::D

I know this is not a "career" award in the whole, but it is taken into consideration. That being said, what people don't realize who are not from McKenzie is that Drew did not start until week 10 in his freshman year vs Huntingdon. So basically, he has thrown for 9000 + yards in 3 years. (not 9000 as of 5:30 this morning but I would guess by 7:10 tonight it will be. He only needs 20 yards to hit 9000 for his career).

None the less, I also want say congrats to all of the young man from Carroll Co and West Tennessee for being finalist. And I have also heard great things about these young man when they are not under the lights on Friday night.

13 1/2 hours to game time!!!!

GO REBELS!! HIT HARD. HIT THROUGH THEM!!

Edited by volsandtitans1

actually THE TRUTH IS..thats why he posted his season stats..stop hating on a great football player...he has had both a great season and career now thats the truth :thumb:

no one is hating anyone. if this is a season award, then why even post his career stats? a lot of people have great season and career stats and never get recognized. stats help, but a lot of this award is political and what area of tn you play in...and now you know what THE TRUTH IS... :thumb:

Does anyone know what the kicker of the year finalist's stat's are? I have seen the Walsh kids stat's but not the others.

http://www.jacksonsun.com

Go look in the Sports Section of todays paper. There was an article in there about the West Tennessee Football Finalists. There is also an article about the Finalists for Middle Tennessee on the home page of coacht.com with some stats provided.

+ You people are the only ones that could take a "Congratulations" thread and turn it into an argument. Get over yourselves. This is about the kids and not your own personal feelings. These kids have earned what they got. :thumb: