Germantown Preseason Tournament

Nainten

How often has Bartlett won a regional championship? That is what matters, not the number of medal's at a preseason tournament. I'm sure some teams view the preseason as a measure of how the team will do, but not every team is in their best condition. So do not claim a regional championship off of what happened at a preseason tournament with the top teams in the region not in the best condition or participating. If your not talking smack then why are you belittling the performance of one of my teammates. He might not even be at the weight he will compete at this year. You have to knock off the champs to be the champs. Talk to me after Blackhorse, when every body should be in shape.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often has Bartlett won a regional championship? That is what matters, not the number of medal's at a preseason tournament. I'm sure some teams view the preseason as a measure of how the team will do, but not every team is in their best condition. So do not claim a regional championship off of what happened at a preseason tournament with the top teams in the region not in the best condition or participating. If your not talking smack then why are you belittling the performance of one of my teammates. He might not even be at the weight he will compete at this year. You have to knock off the champs to be the champs. Talk to me after Blackhorse, when every body should be in shape.

This is totally true, i know from experience. I spent more time throwing up in a trash can after my matches, than i even spent wrestling during preseason.

From many past experiences with the germantown preseason, everyone has seen how bartlett brings almost 30 or 40 people to the tournament. maybe not have happened this year, but from past experiences that is what happens. I know for a fact that houston has a smaller team than bartlett, and talk about not having any seniors? how many are over there at hhs? i believe there are 0 returning seniors and maybe 1 first year senior wrestler.

man, all this talk about houston, bartlett and collierville...is this going to be a repeat of last year...is Cordova still that team that might be strong...do u really believe that just bc they lost a lot of seniors they are going back into the dark ages...i know they have a harder schedule than last year but i am expecting a lot of big things out those guys...oh by the way i am not trying to start an argument just making a statement...Wolfpack for Life..(Sorry Coach Thiry had to let um know your coming that way they wont say it was an upset)

Preseason is preseason....My guess on the region will be Colliverville Houston Cordova and Barlett fighting it out for the two spots for state duals.

i am impressed with alot by each team ex. panther 125lber really surprised me by his performance and how he did as i found out the kids he had to wrestle...losing to Tisdale and coming back to beat him, Colliverville with Josh and Blake doing well i must say josh was in a tuff weight class and i heard he weighed in .2 over 145, so the true 45lber held his own against wright and scott and still on Colliverville i would of liked to see a Britcliffe and Livingston match at 119lbs because Livingston looked a little scared in the first periods verse Johnson but brought it to him in the third but too little to late and from what ive heard Britcliffe was pinned early by Johnson

Cordova was very loud on Saturday morning they look like a close knit team but i had to drive back home and wasnt able to catch them in the medal matches

Cordova will definately have more respect from other schools, and certainly be more competitive. I still think that Houston still has a greater chance of knocking off my Dragons for the region.

Collierville is too big of a competitior to count out of the big race. Its like the Blackhorse tournament a year or two back when Bartlett was declared the new regional champions without the Dragons in the tournament. Its like declareing yourself regional champs in football without playing germantown, or not playing houston in baseball.

From many past experiences with the germantown preseason, everyone has seen how bartlett brings almost 30 or 40 people to the tournament. maybe not have happened this year, but from past experiences that is what happens. I know for a fact that houston has a smaller team than bartlett, and talk about not having any seniors? how many are over there at hhs? i believe there are 0 returning seniors and maybe 1 first year senior wrestler.

No Dude, not maybe and did not happen last year.You really have no clue so stop making dumbass statements.Get over it, just preseason.Looking at Houstons website 35 wrestlers thats a few more then Bartlett has, so when saying something is a fact make sure you have a clue.Please leave it alone your just making a bigger donkey out of yourself with every post.All i did was cograt bartlett wrestlers for job well-done and why you Houston boys and Collierville boys are upset about it not my problem.Get over it.

Collierville is too big of a competitior to count out of the big race. Its like the Blackhorse tournament a year or two back when Bartlett was declared the new regional champions without the Dragons in the tournament. Its like declareing yourself regional champs in football without playing germantown, or not playing houston in baseball.

Nobody declared Bartlett anything that year,are you talking about the same year we came to your house to wrestle you and Collierville forfeit to Bartlett.If my memory serves correct you had some wrestlers hurt and Collierville did not want to wrestle.Sending home the referee the Commercial Appeal and the Bartlett wrestlers and parents.Get over it Dragon learn to be a good sportmans why you have this need to trash Bartlett is unknown.Why are the Houston and Collierville Guys so upset? I will apoligize for Bartlett showing up that night to wrestle you guys that night we only went by the schelude,we did not know Collierville did not want to wrestle, are bad.Sorry hopefully you can move past this now.

I don't know why you are making a big deal of taking home ten medals in a preseason tournament. Its not blackhorse, father ryan, or regionals. I know Collierville should have been there on time, but a third of the guys (1 out of 3) in the advanced division medaled, most likely the same percentage as the guys from Bartlett. There would have been more if both Packers, Hunt, the Rogers, Poteet, Johnson, and others showed up on time. I'm saying that the season can not be determined by one showing at a preseason tournament. Most of the bigger guys are coming off long football seasons and are not in wrestling condition yet. They may have not done as well as they should have and abilities will continue to improve throughout the season.

Why? They should of been there. whats the point?

Hey Dragon was not talking smack was just cograts for are wrestlers for job well done,If you have a problem with so be it.If you want to speculate on what your team would have done if they showed up go for it,oh yea Tisdale show up what happen not in top 4,

If you were just giving congrats to the Bartlett wrestlers, that what about these comments? You need to get your head out of the dirt and figure out that Bartlett has more to improve upon the compete against Houston, Germantown, Ridgeway, and Collierville.

I don't know why you are making a big deal of taking home ten medals in a preseason tournament. Its not blackhorse, father ryan, or regionals. I know Collierville should have been there on time, but a third of the guys (1 out of 3) in the advanced division medaled, most likely the same percentage as the guys from Bartlett. There would have been more if both Packers, Hunt, the Rogers, Poteet, Johnson, and others showed up on time. I'm saying that the season can not be determined by one showing at a preseason tournament. Most of the bigger guys are coming off long football seasons and are not in wrestling condition yet. They may have not done as well as they should have and abilities will continue to improve throughout the season.

Dude why is this eating at you Please seek help get over it.