Knox Central vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

Helton is a lot like Watts. Maryville needs to put pressure on Helton like they did Watts.

The guy who scares me the most on Centrals team is David Gaston. He is a threat to take it to the house every play.

In my opinion Watts was more of a threat than Helton but, Helton will have more help than Watts had and he only needs to get the ball into the hands of the play makers.

I agree Gaston is the guy Maryville must shut down. If Helton rolls out, most of the time he tucks it and runs it himself.

The game could be close if both defences play the way they can. But if Maryville can get 14 quick, it will be a long night on Central I think. I hope it is!

Maryville by 7-10

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel9--making a stupid statement like that, then not willing to back it up makes it worthless. Coach Helton is one of the best in the state and his record will back it up. Every coach adjusts as the game goes on. Sometimes they work out for the best and every once in while, they don't. Even the patron saint of Maryville makes a bad call during a game. If you have something to say, then say it.

I guess one stupid statement deserved another ..... didn't it Medman .

In my opinion Watts was more of a threat than Helton but, Helton will have more help than Watts had and he only needs to get the ball into the hands of the play makers.

I agree Gaston is the guy Maryville must shut down. If Helton rolls out, most of the time he tucks it and runs it himself.

The game could be close if both defences play the way they can. But if Maryville can get 14 quick, it will be a long night on Central I think. I hope it is!

Maryville by 7-10

I agree.

Watts is alot quicker than helton and has alot better break away speed. Im not trying to take away anything from Helton, he is a great quarter back, he is just not such of a threat that Watts is.

Gaston is the man we will have to focus on. If we stop him and make them start throwing it Fulton, maples and the rest of the secondary will start making big plays.

Hopefully the Offense wont turn it over as they did the last time. I really dont like reallying on Taca to hit a 43 yarder every game.

Good luck in practice this week to both teams.

and a 3rd....right pepvol. :thumb: Actually, I had just come back from the UT game and my BP was probably 300 over 200. No harm meant. Lots of respect for GQ.

Posting during or shortly after a Tennessee game this year is equivalent to drinking and driving ... you shouldn't go there !! B) hehe , I about popped a blood vessel just listening to the radio !!

Don't let some kids fool you , Maryville has nothing but respect for Central and coach Helton . Year after year Central is about the most prepared , toughest , and best coached team we play .

Agree Cleveland,

I just wish that someday they could realign region teams so a Central & Maryville matchup would happen later in the playoffs.(semis) Still by far the best game in 4a this year. I'm really looking forward to this one as is most everyone else. Good luck to both teams. Both teams have the ability to win this one. In my mind it is a toss-up. Maryville has home field advantage but Central has the Helton factor.

Play your heart out boys and make it one of those games we will never forget. With excellent coaching staffs and Playmakers galore on both sides this is one of those special games which all that hard work in the weight room and practice field will spell out who wants it the most. Kudos to both schools from a Devil fan who admires football played the way it should be by two of the very best programs this area has to offer. Man does it get any better than this. I don't think so!!!!

Good post ZCAR.......