Knox Central vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

I will HTV--it would be good to meet the ya. I've shaken hands with Rob.

As far as the Maryville guys, I'll have to check my shot records and get back to you on that one ;):) .

Thats a good one medman! ;)

I hope you guys pack the vistors side out, not to many teams do that to support their teams! With a packed house, it adds to the game as our school board has done everything they could to destroy the students school spirt at Maryville.

The games have been close and Maryville will be ready. Another question I have is, after this season, when ever it ends for Central (Hope Friday!) does Coach Helton step down as head coach? I have noticed over the years once the Coaches son becomes a grad, the head man often times retires from coaching. Any talk of Coach Helton stepping down?

Also, congrats to Lonas Seiber on getting a try at UT. Is he any good? I mean no disrespect but during my one time watching him this year he was no factor. To be fair as I remember it his one FG attempt was blocked. PAT looked average. Has he been a big factor in other Central wins this year? Hope he does not have the break out game vs, the Reb's! :)

Edited by FBEmeritus

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the interview. In talking of the last game he mentioned how well the defense played and basically said if we don't turn the ball over they possibly don't score on us. He made absolutely no predictions about the upcoming game.

i never said anything about predictions, i just told you guys what i heard on rebelsnation

Let's analyze that statement just a little bit:

"didn't think...wouldn't score" - That's a double negative. If that's how he said it (and I doubt that it was, as he is an educated and eloquent man), then what it clearly means is that he does not think we will hold Central scoreless. The two negative contractions work just like mathematics to create a positive statement (just like -2 x -2 = 4).

GQ would never offer up such locker room poster board material, nor would he or any of the Rebel faithful be so foolish as to truly suspect that Central will not find a way to get some points on the board.

your right, thanks about correcting me on the double negative, i said it wrong, i should have said didnt think they WOULD score, but i didnt hear the interview, i just heard about it on rebelsnation, so get off my back

i never said anything about predictions, i just told you guys what i heard on rebelsnation

You did not hear it right and are not really a long time Rebel follower if you think GQ would say something stupid like that.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt GQ, staff and team are not looking past 7PM Friday. Central has the tools to beat Maryville if Maryville does not bring thier A game, period! If Maryville playes Maryville Football Maryville wins, but by how much, no one knows.

But GQ is a class person and he knows how tough Central can be and respects Coach Helton and his team.

You did not hear it right and are not really a long time Rebel follower if you think GQ would say something stupid like that.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt GQ, staff and team are not looking past 7PM Friday. Central has the tools to beat Maryville if Maryville does not bring thier A game, period! If Maryville playes Maryville Football Maryville wins, but by how much, no one knows.

But GQ is a class person and he knows how tough Central can be and respects Coach Helton and his team.

i never heard it, i saw it on rebelsnation in a post, i know all about GQ, and yeah, he is a class person and is not overlooking central, nobody in their right mind would overlook central, any highschool football fan knows that

Edited by godwyanewade3

Im tellin yall!! Its gonna happen..... Lones........... 3 seconds left of scoreboard behind the hedges......... 33 yardline............ " Its good, central finally gets the win"........... And on Monday I say,"I told ya so"

What you realy think in you heart is;

Its gonna happen..... Lones........... 3 seconds left on scoreboard behind the hedges......... 33 yardline............ " Its Blocked by a host of Rebels, central again fails to win"........... And on Monday I say,"I told ya so" ;)

What you realy think in you heart is;

Its gonna happen..... Lones........... 3 seconds left on scoreboard behind the hedges......... 33 yardline............ " Its Blocked by a host of Rebels, central again fails to win"........... And on Monday I say,"I told ya so" ;)

now thats what im talkin about, and it sounds more likely ;)

. Just to let you know, that statement needs some clarification. The kids on the O line, just play on the O line. The only time that Crowder or Gaddis play on the D line is when they want to get bigger in short yardage situations. Crowder may play 4-5 snaps on D. Dyer plays at FB and DE but not to the point that he doesn't come out of the game. Central has many offensive sets and there are many series when he is not in. They also rotate him in and out on D. The same thing applies to Nance. Adkins, Cruze, Helton, Waddell and Gaston rotate around as Dbacks or safties. They all get breaks. Central is very deep at reciever, so they have even more players at that position to share the load.

This is going to be a heck of game Friday nite.

Also, congrats to Lonas Seiber on his scholly to UT.

That still sounds like alot of people playing both ways. Those DBs that only play deffense must not be the best since they have an offensive player playing there.

If I were helton I would wory about Tank getting to the outside and demolishing one of my wide recivers or helton that might be playing D at that time.

Personally I would put my best athelets on offense since our deffesen is dominating and you cant win without any points. If they are swithcing in thats fine but I'm just saying that kinda asking for one of them to get hurt.

Edited by rebelman16

Im tellin yall!! Its gonna happen..... Lones........... 3 seconds left of scoreboard behind the hedges......... 33 yardline............ " Its good, central finally gets the win"........... And on Monday I say,"I told ya so"

Honey its time for you to wake up!!

You cant stay in bed and dream all day... ;)

Offensive POW is easier. The kids that score and cause scores are gonna be on the list...simple. Defense is more difficult. I gotta write names down that make big plays as we go. Your welcome to email me or post me some names for consideration. I welcome help. ;) No intentional slight at all. Also, the junior he shares time with has won the Def POW like 5 times. That hasn't helped.

I was thinking to myself Friday nite that I'm getting in a rut of the same 5 to 10 names on defense, BUT those 5 to 10 names make the most plays. I though Brinkman was a nice addition to that list. Bowman actually won the offensive POW last week.

I will watch John Friday nite...

Just thought that the kid has been overlooked, no harm or fool. Looking at your page I do not see any defensive stats. It also looks like the Prep Extra web page stops posting those stats as well, so with out those stats one would only see the standout plays and not a 10 or 11 tackle performance. I hope Maryville’s Team Black Swarm Defense has a break out game vs. Central. Wouldn’t another shutout vs. a great team like Central be good? Nice thought!

Go Reb’s