Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

Capt.Truth -- If you want to argue with catfish-hunter about Cheatham Co. teams, why don't you start a separate thread about it and see if anyone else cares. You come across as a derelict. Whether you like it or not (obviously you do not) catfish has much more credibility on this website than you do.

I, unlike you, have seen all 13 games for Lipscomb so far this year. Cheatham Co. is easily the best team we have played this year. Their defense is far better than anyone else we played.

Please go back where you came from and inhale some more. To repeat, start your own thread. I think even a person of your limited capabilities could figure that out.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely had a brain fart and did not think about the fact that Greenbrier did beat DL back in week one. Your argument makes my post look rather dumb in reality. Greenbrier is the ONLY TEAM to have beaten Lipscomb the past two seasons, therefore I must say that they do give the Mustangs more fits than anyone else.

We DO LOVE to look at Lipscomb's record! Reminds me a of cheer "1...say that number...1...say it loud!" :D As I said before that one defeat send the Mustangs into a downhill stampede for the rest of the season.

Just messing with you Mustangs! You've come this far....make it happen!

(And when you get to the "Boro, make sure they announce who that 1 defeat is... :blink: That's the closest we'll get to the 'Boro this year, outside of sitting in the seats. Come back again next year, and we'll see what we can do to give you another "shot" in the arm. :thumb:

Capt.Truth -- If you want to argue with catfish-hunter about Cheatham Co. teams, why don't you start a separate thread about it and see if anyone else cares. You come across as a derelict. Whether you like it or not (obviously you do not) catfish has much more credibility on this website than you do.

I, unlike you, have seen all 13 games for Lipscomb so far this year. Cheatham Co. is easily the best team we have played this year. Their defense is far better than anyone else we played.

Please go back where you came from and inhale some more. To repeat, start your own thread. I think even a person of your limited capabilities could figure that out.

I second that titanman!

By the way - Catfish, were you there last night and will you be there next week?

Guest catfish-hunter

We DO LOVE to look at Lipscomb's record! Reminds me a of cheer "1...say that number...1...say it loud!" :D As I said before that one defeat send the Mustangs into a downhill stampede for the rest of the season.

(And when you get to the "Boro, make sure they announce who that 1 defeat is... :blink: That's the closest we'll get to the 'Boro this year, outside of sitting in the seats. Come back again next year, and we'll see what we can do to give you another "shot" in the arm. :thumb:

Isn't the game between the Bobcats and the Mustangs next year gonna be at David Lipscomb????

Congrats on another great season GreenbrierCat2. I look forward to making the trip to Bobcat Field next year. I know you guys will have the Cheatham game circled on your calenders next year.

How does the saying go on 104.5 "The Zone"???? "You don't go into Bobcat Field and push around Greenbrier".

Guest catfish-hunter

(And when you get to the "Boro, make sure they announce who that 1 defeat is... :o That's the closest we'll get to the 'Boro this year, outside of sitting in the seats. Come back again next year, and we'll see what we can do to give you another "shot" in the arm. :thumb:

Isn't the game between the Bobcats and the Mustangs next year gonna be at David Lipscomb????

Congrats on another great season GreenbrierCat2. I look forward to making the trip to Bobcat Field next year. I know you guys will have the Cheatham game circled on your calenders next year.

How does the saying go on 104.5 "The Zone"???? "You don't go into Bobcat Field and push around Greenbrier".

I second that titanman!

By the way - Catfish, were you there last night and will you be there next week?

I will be there. Those Ham & Biscuits are too good to pass up :blink:

I will be there. Those Ham & Biscuits are too good to pass up :thumb:

Just get there early - there will be plenty to eat!

I will be there. Those Ham & Biscuits are too good to pass up :lol:

Catfish, I haven't seen the schedule but it is Lipscomb's turne to host. And our turn to host CC. We've had a good run this season and on our home field.

We are proud of our guys for all they've accomplished, Lipscomb (2 years straight), Pearl Cohn and White House wins have been been huge feats, but these guys were not going to let down after last years run. Cheatham handed us our hat, along with Golden Tate's boys but to lose to those two teams is nothing to be ashamed of. They were tough. The playoffs started out well, but that double win thing didn't pan out this year. Just wasn't to be.

I'm not sure what the saying is on 104.5. I know after our team is on the field our music starts with "No one, BUT No One comes into our house and pushes us around"....99.9% of the time, it's stood true..... :lol: Good luck next year to Cheatham...they are a beast to be reckoned with.

Well oh knowledgeable one, maybe you need to go back and check your stats on the games that the Tigers have passed the ball this year. If you will look on the year we completed nearly 80 percent of our passes for the year and had one 20-24 game for 250+ passing yards. We don't pass that often because we don't have to with the backfield that we have. When we need to, we do it and do it pretty good. But just go ahead and keep thinking that we can't throw the ball. I am not gonna be like some of the DL fans and say we are going to dominate in any way. I am going with The Big Red Tigers by a FG. GO BIG RED MACHINE!

why didn't you score . even mc scored . what happened to the kicking game .

i had the spread right just had you overrated ,you just couldn't get into field goal range.now with that said i don't think private schools should compete with public schools in sports but because they do and they are in my region i will suport them .the state championship game in 3a will be played by private schools i think

Guest catfish-hunter

Boys, boys, I love it when I am on your minds..............or do I??????????

You see young one, credibility and the truth are two different things. And as my name implys, I am about the truth.........or am I??????????

Catfishhunter is a ego centered blowhard whose limited knowledge, much like many others on this site, is orbitting around misadventures as a so-so high school player on a so-so high school team.

Thanks for the compliment. You see though everyone I was a horrible high school football player with no athletic ability and no speed on a pretty good high school football team.

Sycamore was probably the only team I could have started for in high school. For you to call me "a so-so high school player" makes me feel pretty good.

Nice to see that you still wanna talk about me at 10PM on your Saturday nights. That truly does show me that you are what I've called you all along, which is an UNDERACHIEVER :thumb:

I STRONGLY URGE THE FANS FROM ALL OF THE TEAMS LISTED BELOW TO COME TO DAVID LIPSCOMB NEXT WEEK AND SUPPORT THE MUSTANGS AS THEY TRY TO REPRESENT THE MIDSTATE AND MAKE A TRIP TO MURFREESBORO WHERE THEY'LL HOPEFULLY WIN IT ALL IN CLASS 3A IN 2005!!!!!!

REGION 4-3A: White House, Pearl-Cohn, Sycamore, Greenbrier, Macon Co., Station Camp, and DeKalb Co.

REGION 5-3A: Creek Wood, Marshall Co., Page, Mont. Cent., Spring Hill, Giles Co., and Cheatham Co.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Congrats to DL on their victory fri night. Ya'll just whipped us up front. Your line was great on both sides. We had faster skill players but they couldn't get loose because the line was so dominant.

All this talk about money and stuff has some basis is this way. Watching warmups I see DL guys practicing moves and techniques that our guys don't get the benefit of. Money pays for lineman camps, extra coaches (and better coaches). This repeated year after year is where the big difference is. I am not whining just stating what I see. I don't think we had as much talent on the line as DL anyway, so although it may have helped us had all of the above been equal I still think you had better talent on the line period.

Seeing what I think our defeciencies are in regards to line play, which basically boils down to learning better technique, I think I will get with some of our supporters and see if we can get this corrected because although we may make the playoffs we will never get the ever elusive title, if the talent and luck is there, unless we do this.

Again Congrats to DL, you have a great team.

Congrats to DL on their victory fri night. Ya'll just whipped us up front. Your line was great on both sides. We had faster skill players but they couldn't get loose because the line was so dominant.

All this talk about money and stuff has some basis is this way. Watching warmups I see DL guys practicing moves and techniques that our guys don't get the benefit of. Money pays for lineman camps, extra coaches (and better coaches). This repeated year after year is where the big difference is. I am not whining just stating what I see. I don't think we had as much talent on the line as DL anyway, so although it may have helped us had all of the above been equal I still think you had better talent on the line period.

Seeing what I think our defeciencies are in regards to line play, which basically boils down to learning better technique, I think I will get with some of our supporters and see if we can get this corrected because although we may make the playoffs we will never get the ever elusive title, if the talent and luck is there, unless we do this.

Inspector Vol,

To my knowledge, none of Lipscomb's linemen have been to a Lineman camp. Lipscomb has 5 varsity coaches. How many does Lexington have? The other coaches on the field were 9th grade and middle school coaches who help after their season ends in late October. Your crowd was great Friday night. I hope our people will start getting to the games before kickoff. Y'all put us to shame.

What money. The Lipscomb Athletic Department doesn't have any money to spend. What Camps? We may have had a receiver and a linebacker go to camp. A number of these guys play baseball all summer. Our Coaches all teach at the school. They all have a full load of classes and even coach other sports. Our headcoach has been coaching for over 30 years and most of them at Lipscomb. He has two assistant coaches who have been there around 17-18 years. Folks its not a case of money, its the system that now has been in place for 20+ years...its continuity! Coaches from other schools should learn and implement the system. Its not blocking technique per se on the line...its the blocking rules that each player learns.

You have a great team and perhaps the greatest traveling group of fans that I ever seen. Best of luck to you guys in the future. Hopefully we'll both be in a position to play each other again in the future.