Brentwood Vs. Ravenwood

silentchampion16

Ur r absolutely right... about our commentators. dont base your opinions on what they have said. and you have to kno why mccurdy worst season came against ravenwood. Ravenwood is the best team they have played so far. You must be a student at brentwood or something. Or a alumni who has graduated recently. And no one at our school is lookin "past" this game. One team Ravenwood wanted to play in the playoffs r the bruins from brentwood. all i have to say is see you on friday. Itll be a great game that is for sure. So far this season Ravenwood r the men in the wood this year. Best of luck trying to change that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a player for brentwood, personally, im just excited to have the privilege of being commented on by the one and only Jay Nelson, and his partner in crime JT. And all I gotta say is, "You gotta love 'em J.T., I mean Jennings is the best quarterback in the state, In the world J.T." Even though there were rumors about Jay being fired due to his loss of control in the Franklin game, have no fear Jay Nelson Fan's, cuz he'll be back this friday.

Coach Crawford @ Brentwood High is going to love Bruins06 for the comment made earlier, if he's really #6. Real football players do it on the field and not on message boards or radio talk shows. What does #6 or anybody else care about an excited game replay announcer? They get excited as everyone else in tight games. So What?

This game is played on the field. Which means the Bruins players minds are not totally focus on getting ready for the game. It could be the nervous goat syndrome or something. You would think football players would be studying during this time instead of goofing off on a web site message board (note the 10:47 AM time on the #6 message).

Game advantage goes to Coach Rector @ Ravenwood High. I don’t see his players on this message board.

New sign to hang-up in the football locker rooms at High Schools across Tennessee! “DO IT ON THE FIELD, NOT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD”

If Brentwood wants to win they have to throw the ball deep...early and often and they have to send speed from the corners after Jennings. Those two things were the only bright spots for Franklin against Ravenwood.

Play man to man coverage and send everybody!!

All things equal Ravenwood has better athletes and should win but this is Region 6 5A playoffs and anything can happen!

Coach Crawford @ Brentwood High is going to love Bruins06 for the comment made earlier, if he's really #6. Real football players do it on the field and not on message boards or radio talk shows. What does #6 or anybody else care about an excited game replay announcer? They get excited as everyone else in tight games. So What?

This game is played on the field. Which means the Bruins players minds are not totally focus on getting ready for the game. It could be the nervous goat syndrome or something. You would think football players would be studying during this time instead of goofing off on a web site message board (note the 10:47 AM time on the #6 message).

Game advantage goes to Coach Rector @ Ravenwood High. I don’t see his players on this message board.

New sign to hang-up in the football locker rooms at High Schools across Tennessee! “DO IT ON THE FIELD, NOT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD”

Interesting how you and this other guy, Bruins06, both have only 1 post each and how you both seem to know so much about Ravenwood. I think you're both the same guy, trying to start something, most likely a student from Ravenwood. I do agree with one thing you said “DO IT ON THE FIELD, NOT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD”

Now back to this game.

Great job by both teams getting to this round. All things being equal, playoff experience will play a big part in this game. Game advantage to Brentwood. See you in the Boro!

Mr. Buckeye, interesting comments but you’re about as far off as your prediction. If you lived in Williamson County, you would not only know about each High School Football team but these players have been playing against each other since the TYFA Youth Leagues. Some of these Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Centennial players have been playing since 5 years old and sometimes on the same team. If you are a local Williamson County football sport enthusiast, you can watch each other High School game on two of the local cable channels during the week.

I’ll have to say the seventeen posting you made are quite impressive. My little ole single posting must be pittance to yours. I didn’t know if anyone really cares. If someone else reads this, they may think you and I are the same person, trying to start something.

As far as the game goes:

1) All things are not equal, what made you think that? What equal about this game? Both teams have strength and weakness. Does anybody out there think these teams are equal?

2) Brentwood beat Ravenwood last year in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Franklin beat Brentwood in the 3rd round of the playoffs last year to go onward to the champion ship game. If playoff experience is all that important, Franklin should have beat Ravenwood last week. With your thinking, Riverdale will win the 5A championship since they have the most playoff experience, all things being equal which is clearly not the case.

3) It’s going to be a cold, cold night. The field will be frozen and slick from the frost. It will be difficult to concentrate due to the cold hands and feet. As with any game played this time of year, it will come down to the will of the players to overcome these conditions. It’s not the time of year to be playing on road. Advantage Ravenwood

Playing on the road? What, 6 miles down Wilson Pike? Having to take a school bus for what a 15 minute drive? Never leaving the city limits? Chance for everyone to go to the game and be home before the late news?

Not much of a road game in the Bruins minds.

These teams are very evenly matched. McCurdy vs. Jennings. Surprisingly, their stats are nearly equal-Jennings has 18 total yards more of offense than McCurdy.

Offensively, these teams put up similar numbers. You've got Region 5's #2 offense and defense against Region 5's number one ranked defense and number three ranked offense. Top seed vs. number 2 seed. Seven points separated them on the scoreboard the first time out. Bruins had three fumbles (one lost), three interceptions. If the Bruins repeat this effort, they will lose. However, even with four turnovers, they only lost by a touchdown. That has to concern Ravenwood and give BHS optimism.

Talking about playoff experience is cheap if you've only been in, what, four playoff games ever. The third round with a chance to go to the semi's is another step up.

The tension appears to be building for Ravenwood as the underdog Bruins come in for a visit. Bruins should come in loose, as all of the expectations for the season sit at the far end of Wilson Pike. At this point BHS has gone farther than most expected anyway.

The cold weather, kicking game, turnovers, field postiion, big plays, and how Raptor coaches and players handle the pressure decides this game.

Playing on the road? What, 6 miles down Wilson Pike? Having to take a school bus for what a 15 minute drive? Never leaving the city limits? Chance for everyone to go to the game and be home before the late news?

Not much of a road game in the Bruins minds.

These teams are very evenly matched. McCurdy vs. Jennings. Surprisingly, their stats are nearly equal-Jennings has 18 total yards more of offense than McCurdy.

Offensively, these teams put up similar numbers. You've got Region 5's #2 offense and defense against Region 5's number one ranked defense and number three ranked offense. Top seed vs. number 2 seed. Seven points separated them on the scoreboard the first time out. Bruins had three fumbles (one lost), three interceptions. If the Bruins repeat this effort, they will lose. However, even with four turnovers, they only lost by a touchdown. That has to concern Ravenwood and give BHS optimism.

Talking about playoff experience is cheap if you've only been in, what, four playoff games ever. The third round with a chance to go to the semi's is another step up.

The tension appears to be building for Ravenwood as the underdog Bruins come in for a visit. Bruins should come in loose, as all of the expectations for the season sit at the far end of Wilson Pike. At this point BHS has gone farther than most expected anyway.

The cold weather, kicking game, turnovers, field postiion, big plays, and how Raptor coaches and players handle the pressure decides this game.

Fromthetop2, I couldn't have said it better myself.......all things being equal!

my pick:

Brentwood 17

Ravenwood 10

I don't think Coach Jim Pauley, both a former and future member of the coaching staff, would mind me speaking his mind on this board:

"Ravenwood stinks!"

I thought I would quote myself and clarify that Coach Pauley does not use the word "stinks" when referring to Ravenwood. He uses a different word that I typed in that the filter changed to "stinks". Said word also begins with the letter S.

Brentwood has the #1 defense in 5A. It will be very hard for TC and company to score on them tonite. And Jamie "Pity Case" Wilkerson will definitely have trouble returning Chris Walsh's punts this week.

Brentwood 17

Ravenwood 10

i cannot wait.