strongest and weakest 1A region and why

The football feel

If it would have been different, seems like the difference would have been in Cloudlands favor, It sure didn,t hurt Coalfield for Cloudland to lose one of their very best players on both sides of the ball,

What I meant for short is that Cloudland would have had more weapons. I think Coalfield would have adjusted to the situation and stopped him enough to still keep it interesting. Don't know what he did on defense, didn't see but two plays with him in the game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant for short is that Cloudland would have had more weapons. I think Coalfield would have adjusted to the situation and stopped him enough to still keep it interesting. Don't know what he did on defense, didn't see but two plays with him in the game.

Best linbacker, he,s always had weak ankles and everyone in this area knew if he ever went down ,Cloudland would be in trouble. He definately wasn't the whole team, but he sure made the whole team better,both ways.

EXACTLY, how does a team drop down two classifications that quick...

While playing 3A the past four years, Trousdale was actually the 9th smallest 2A team (in terms of enrollment). They, along with some other teams in their old 3A region, were playing up a class by choice.

When reclassification numbers were crunched last year, they were below the 1A line and they chose to play at that classification. Their enrollment number changed little over those four years, I would guess. They are now one of the largest 1A schools in enrollment.

Pujo the better question is this: if they played "up" to three A when in AA, why not play up in AA when in 1a? Answer, no Boyd, no CPA.

Boo Hoo...here we go with this same ol' song. TC scared of privates. I didn't here this complaint when when TC was playing in 3A...now, when they come back to 1A they are scared...who cares. Everyone complained about the privates when they were in 1A - now they can complain about TC. Doesn't matter, TC will listen to your complaints while shining their gold ball this year. Because like it or not...they ARE a 1A team!!!

Boo Hoo...here we go with this same ol' song. TC scared of privates. I didn't here this complaint when when TC was playing in 3A...now, when they come back to 1A they are scared...who cares. Everyone complained about the privates when they were in 1A - now they can complain about TC. Doesn't matter, TC will listen to your complaints while shining their gold ball this year. Because like it or not...they ARE a 1A team!!!

I like it the way it is.

Yep they are 1a, probably gonna win it all. But you know, I would rather have honor, and be above board to accomplish that goal than slink in the background awaiting an opportunity. That appears kinda slimy.

Yep they are 1a, probably gonna win it all. But you know, I would rather have honor, and be above board to accomplish that goal than slink in the background awaiting an opportunity. That appears kinda slimy.

Time and unforseen things come to us all. I think Trousdale has one coming, pride before a fall. Just too much arrogance. They very well may be the best, but the best don't always win.

The past couple of years, Region 2 has been much stronger than Region 1. But this year, it seems that Region 2 has fallen down to about where Region 1 is. The past two years, Region 2 has had 5 teams who could beat the top team in Region 1, arguably. This year, however, I only see two decent teams in the region, being Coalfield and Harriman. I don't know much about Region 1 this year, but from scores I assume that they haven't improved that noticeably since last year. Regardless, it is my belief that CAK would be enjoying great success this time of year if they still played single A football.

The past couple of years, Region 2 has been much stronger than Region 1. But this year, it seems that Region 2 has fallen down to about where Region 1 is. The past two years, Region 2 has had 5 teams who could beat the top team in Region 1, arguably. This year, however, I only see two decent teams in the region, being Coalfield and Harriman. I don't know much about Region 1 this year, but from scores I assume that they haven't improved that noticeably since last year. Regardless, it is my belief that CAK would be enjoying great success this time of year if they still played single A football.

Cloudland was head and sholders better than anyone in regio 2 two years ago. It just wasn't to be. I will agree that this CAK team would be a handful for anyone in either region. Coalfield ,Hampton and a healthy Cloudland could hold their own.