Region 8 predictions

mtjulietwrassler265

Why is it that so many people automatically count Smyrna out? The creator of this thread mentions Lavergne as a possible contender in Region 8 but is rather antagonistic towards Smyrna despite the fact that Smyrna beats Lavergne regularly. I don't mean to say that Lavergne isn't any good; they have several good wrestlers who train very hard and make an impact every season. Why all the hate towards Smyrna? Just because they had a rough year last year? Most teams go through down years and emerge better because of it. This team is returning almost all of its starters from last year and I know for a fact many of them have been training hard during the offseason. No matter what Smyrna's many critics are saying, I would not be surprised at all to see Smyrna take 5+ wrestlers to state this year. Good luck guys!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that springfield only lost 3 senoirs last year. we also lost kyle jones he may come back latter in the year but i don't know. i belive that everyone will turn some heads but you guys are right it is still along season. i'm still playing football. but i do belive we can be up there in the region. once we get everyone settled down in their weight classes. by the way we want it really bad this year.

Edited by jobyrns

i know that springfield only lost 3 senoirs last year. we also lost kyle jones he may come back latter in the year but i don't know. i belive that everyone will turn some heads but you guys are right it is still along season. i'm still playing football. but i do belive we can be up there in the region. once we get everyone settled down in their weight classes. by the way we want it really bad this year.

didnt you guys lose to sycamore....jus wonderin if they are gonna be one of the top teams in there region too...haha...what weights does smyrna have....and what weights does springfield have...and also hendersonville...

didnt you guys lose to sycamore....jus wonderin if they are gonna be one of the top teams in there region too...haha...what weights does smyrna have....and what weights does springfield have...and also hendersonville...

Were are you from? sycamore ain't even in our region plus like i said before we don't have every one in the right weights. if ya'all beat us in the region duals or in the ind. tourney. them you can tell me i told you so.

Edited by jobyrns

I guess we'll see what happens.

who makes springfield good wat weight......

Why is it that so many people automatically count Smyrna out? The creator of this thread mentions Lavergne as a possible contender in Region 8 but is rather antagonistic towards Smyrna despite the fact that Smyrna beats Lavergne regularly. I don't mean to say that Lavergne isn't any good; they have several good wrestlers who train very hard and make an impact every season. Why all the hate towards Smyrna? Just because they had a rough year last year? Most teams go through down years and emerge better because of it. This team is returning almost all of its starters from last year and I know for a fact many of them have been training hard during the offseason. No matter what Smyrna's many critics are saying, I would not be surprised at all to see Smyrna take 5+ wrestlers to state this year. Good luck guys!

I am just stating the obvious, coud it be that the coach of smyrna is not wise enough and getting to old to coach a team from nothing and make them good enough to win a region. I think winning the region is out of the question. Smyrna shouldn't even be apart of a ragion discussion. Yes, they have won the rutherford count duals, but look at the teams, The reagion and rutherford county are 2 different things. To even come close to getting the top two or three in the region would be a mirracle.

who makes springfield good wat weight......

I am just stating the obvious, coud it be that the coach of smyrna is not wise enough and getting to old to coach a team from nothing and make them good enough to win a region. I think winning the region is out of the question. Smyrna shouldn't even be apart of a ragion discussion. Yes, they have won the rutherford count duals, but look at the teams, The reagion and rutherford county are 2 different things. To even come close to getting the top two or three in the region would be a mirracle.

You are absolutely right. At 35 I am pushing the envelope of death...

As far as Smyrna goes, don't think about us when you think about the top teams in the region. We'll be okay, but not the top. I still say Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet will take the top prize. But I do know enough about Lavergne, to know that they will at least challenge the top two. Lavergne is going to be good this year.

Coach Gonyea

Charter Member AARP

if u were there u would know our whole team didnt wreslte...its preseason and we are just letting people wrestle we had 2 of our captains sit out

You are absolutely right. At 35 I am pushing the envelope of ...

As far as Smyrna goes, don't think about us when you think about the top teams in the region. We'll be okay, but not the top. I still say Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet will take the top prize. But I do know enough about Lavergne, to know that they will at least challenge the top two. Lavergne is going to be good this year.

Coach Gonyea

Charter Member AARP

Hey coach dont go getting all humble on us. You and I both know you guys have a doggone good team coming into this region this year. Iwill not stand by the predictions that I made in the early pre-season. I honestly cannot tell you who will actually win the region this upcoming season. I believe that Smyrna and Lavergne will be tough teams who can only make the region more competitive. Many feel since we got out of the old region (With all of those Clarksville teams) that we would be week. I feel that we still could be a very competitive region. We have Springfield who was in the state finals as a team last year. Hendersonville who is returning a load of talent, if Bundy doesnt beat up on coach Bennett too bad, Bennett will make it through the season :lol:. White house is brings back there whole team. Mt. Juliet is going to be tough. Friendship will be well coached, they have a good coaching staff with Henderson and son, I expect them to be very strong in the region also.Beech has a good line-up returning and will give people the fits. I think I even saw some of the Greenbrier guys around a couple of different camps this summer. You see coach I cannot give an accurate prediction and if any body says they could They are crazy. This region is just too wide open with to many variables this season. I believe the all region team of this season could compete with anyone.

Iwill not stand by the predictions that I made in the early pre-season. I honestly cannot tell you who will actually win the region this upcoming season. I believe that Smyrna and Lavergne will be tough teams who can only make the region more competitive. Many feel since we got out of the old region (With all of those Clarksville teams) that we would be week. I feel that we still could be a very competitive region. We have Springfield who was in the state finals as a team last year. Hendersonville who is returning a load of talent, if Bundy doesnt beat up on coach Bennett too bad, Bennett will make it through the season :ph34r:. White house is brings back there whole team. Mt. Juliet is going to be tough. Friendship will be well coached, they have a good coaching staff with Henderson and son, I expect them to be very strong in the region also.Beech has a good line-up returning and will give people the fits. I think I even saw some of the Greenbrier guys around a couple of different camps this summer. You see coach I cannot give an accurate prediction and if any body says they could They are crazy. This region is just too wide open with to many variables this season. I believe the all region team of this season could compete with anyone.

hey i am the same way....all preseason predictions are half the time wrong and just get the kids trying to impress people on winning the region in the long run and not winning each match, match by match

Edited by ut18vols