3A Mr. Football

gobigred07

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Rogan from Fulton has been outstanding in his game with the Fulton team. He and Fulton have showed that grit and determination in their two championship wins and being fiercely competitive. With all the sports awards, it shows that Fulton leads well in sports.

Dennis definitely deserves the Mr. Football award. He should get utmost consideration.

Guest catfish-hunter

it should be Braden Binkley as the lineman winner and Ricky Ladd as the back winner. Binkley anchors the best defense in all of 3A and Ladd has carried a very average team to the quarterfinals.

what kinda numbers did ladd have this year?

Just did a quick check on the website for his numbers and this is what I found:

Rushing -- 238 attempts for 1672 yards (net)

Receiving -- 11 receptions for 200 yards

Punt Returns -- 3 attempts for 33 yards

Kick Returns -- 11 attempts for 220 yards

Interceptions -- 2 for 7 yards

Mr Football is a joke, Devin Carthorne from Notre Dame had the same yardage as Ricky Ladd, and was on a 10-0 team. ANd he played every game.

i'm gonna have to agree about mr football being a joke. don't get me wrong it is an impressive award to win. but they usually don't give it to the most deserving player. two years back Roger Herndon had more yards and touchdown and greenbrier beat crockett co. in the third round. but earnest williams from crockett still won mr. football. it should have been roger herndon that year. but at least he won it his senior year. :)

So your saying the only reason he is good is because he is big?

Binkley: 5'11" 215... Huge. Larger than life. Not so much. He's in the top two of hardest working people I have ever known, really not sure if he gets the one or two slot. Congratulations to him on earning this honor. I'm not here to argue whether these awards are legitimate, but I know this nominee is. Congratulations to all those who were nominated for Mr. Football.