3A Mr. Football

gobigred07

Livingston Academy's Wilson Cates should at least be considered... after looking at the "supposed" winner, Ladd's, numbers... Cates are very comparable... from the QB position. He obviously runs it well (128 yards last night, 150+ the week before), can throw it when he needs to (TD pass last night, another 2 pt throw last week), he punts, returns punts, returns kicks, plays DB... kid can do it all.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go by stats Dennis Rogan should win hands down. I believe he has over 2000 yds this season. If you go by what a player has done and where he has taken his team Wilson Cates should win. If you're going by who the best player is based on the plays that he's made this season Harrison Smith should win. I feel you should also have to consider Wesley Smith of Scott, I don't rember how many yds he finished with but it was more than 1500 and he played on as bad a team as their is in 3a except the Randy Carroll coached Gibbs team.

Livingston Academy's Wilson Cates should at least be considered... after looking at the "supposed" winner, Ladd's, numbers... Cates are very comparable... from the QB position. He obviously runs it well (128 yards last night, 150+ the week before), can throw it when he needs to (TD pass last night, another 2 pt throw last week), he punts, returns punts, returns kicks, plays DB... kid can do it all.

I'm with you.VOTE CATES lol

And how many of those finalists still playing? LOL

None. But you missed my point. My guy did not get nominated either. My point was its too late to get him as a Mr. Football finalist. From the little I found out about him, I think Cates deserved to be nominated but just like my guy, he wasn't and nothing I can do now will change that. End of story.

For all those pushing for Cates, save your breath. He was not nominated even though he probably deserved to be. The backs for 3A are from Mitchell, Fulton, and White House.

If you were building a team, which of those three finalists would you pick? I'd say neither and take Mr. Cates aka The Magic Man!!! To bad they didn't wait until the season was over. Long time since I've seen a HS player on a roll like this!!! Keep it rolling Wilson!!!