Who Is Pope John Paul

Billy Bob

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='825932734' date='Feb 9 2006 - 09:23 PM']

Pope will be an academic school when Golden graduates.

Amen brotha. JPwho is nothing without tate and jp2 only has him bc of great recruting the refs cheated our boys out of the football game noone cares about soccer and last tuesday was a fluke. we all kno whos better so all u jp2 skirt wearers can shut up ROLL PRIDE ROLL

FatherRyan87, as a student at Ryan, I totally disagree with your statement. If you do not even play a sport than get off this thread. They won fair and square Tuesday, and its not their fault they recruit far more successfully then we do. What about the defending state wrestling champ at 215, Courtney Coffey? Ryan needs to get on the ball with recruiting so that we can regain a position of athletic prominence that made us one of the premier high schools in the state. Still, we got them in wrestling. GO IRISH

FatherRyan87, as a student at Ryan, I totally disagree with your statement. If you do not even play a sport than get off this thread. They won fair and square Tuesday, and its not their fault they recruit far more successfully then we do. What about the defending state wrestling champ at 215, Courtney Coffey? Ryan needs to get on the ball with recruiting so that we can regain a position of athletic prominence that made us one of the premier high schools in the state. Still, we got them in wrestling. GO IRISH

We could all see it coming. We all knew that when Pope opened, it would put Ryan in a deep slump in attempting to get athletes. heck, Golden Tate was supposed to go to Ryan! Think if Pope had opened last year. Then Tate, Sneed, and all of the other people associated to Ryan would have been there. 'The young perish and the old linger' - Theoden. To me, this statement doesnt mean anyone dies, but I think that it shows this old school of FRHS is just lingering while Pope gets better and better. Against the power that has risen in the east, there will be limited victories. Pope has quickly gained in ability with most of our athletic teams (save wrestling and guys soccer). I myself almost went to Pope, but my brothers persuaded me otherwise. Best choice.

Ill give Pope their due credit. They are definitely equal to us in all sports. But I mean come on, we all saw it coming. But they will suffer the same fate of us. Their days will come, and theirs days will end. So is the cycle of high school sports. Remember that both schools are for Catholic education, and nothing should break that bond in an area that is not to kind to us Catholics.

Godspeed to all.

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='825935061' date='Feb 11 2006 - 12:55 PM']

Im just saying that Golden will be Pope's best athlete. But when he and his class retires, its doubtful that Pope will have the athletic talent that comes after. Therefor their strong point will be academics.

yha your right about it will be a lost of talent. but i think they have just as much talent are he as they did before . but we will see in the next few years

It's a little funny FRW seems to believe that school is based solely on athletic competition, I guess JP2's beating in not only beating Ryan in the classroom but on the field as well. Congratulations to Ryan on your win Friday night. It was obvious in both games Ryan has more overall physical talent, however it obvious in both games to me who did the better job of coaching and who's players played smarter even though the series was split. Those games are the ones you want to be the team coming back, as was apparent in both games. Whoever mentioned how the refs blew the football game, WOW 49-21 a darn good job of blowing a football game, maybe the best job ever by the third team. Please don't dig yourself a hole there. And one last note to Father Ryan, even if it is another overall disappointing year in sports, remember this spring to keep Bateman on a leash, he might actually kill someone if he gets some roid rage again. But in all seriousness it will always be a good rivalry for years to come and I can't wait for hopefully another matchup in the Region tourney, it should be great and im looking forward to whatever comes next in the rivalry in whatever sport it comes in.

JPII Still can't compete with Ryan in many athletic regards.

That's the most ignorant comment I have ever heard. I think most people are in agreement that the three biggest high school sports are football, basketball and baseball, and probably in that order. If JPII has beaten Ryan in two out of three, with the third maybe coming this year, what other regards are you talking about?