Riverdale @ Cookeville

O.K. I am not disrespecting Cookeville, I actually lived there many years ago. But I have to say, Riverdale has every right to brag and be cocky. Believe to I am not a Riverdale fan!!! (OR Wildcats!). But until someone takes them down than it is their right! When has Cookeville won a title, much less four? Yes, you have the right to talk all the talk, but come Friday night when, and if Riverdale beats you, will everyone just disappear on the message board????? we shall see...........

God I love FOOTBALL!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the other thread riverdaleman said "before the game our team is usually very "professional" and this is another business trip for them " This I think is the X-factor for the cavs. This means alot more to the Cavs . Riverdale fans can say all they want about it meaning alot, but if they aproach Cookeville as just another buisness trip, then they won't know where there "buisness deal" went wrong. This is the only second time in school history the cavs have made it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs and this is the biggest game these guys have ever played in, so they will aproach this game with alot of emotion, and will show Riverdale they are not just any regular "buisness".

In the other thread riverdaleman said "before the game our team is usually very "professional" and this is another business trip for them " This I think is the X-factor for the cavs. This means alot more to the Cavs . Riverdale fans can say all they want about it meaning alot, but if they aproach Cookeville as just another buisness trip, then they won't know where there "buisness deal" went wrong. This is the only second time in school history the cavs have made it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs and this is the biggest game these guys have ever played in, so they will aproach this game with alot of emotion, and will show Riverdale they are not just any regular "buisness".

Well when you go to the championship 5 or 6 years in a row, it is hard to think of any road game as more than a buisness trip. This team is truly a football machine. They have honed themselves into thinking and acting like a machine.

This does NOT mean they are taking Cookeville for granted. It is simply just another team in their way of another Championship. Call it cocky attitude or whatever, they go into EVERY game BELIEVING they will WIN! You do NOT play for Coach Rankin unless you BELIEVE.

Riverdale's buisness is football, and buisness is GOOD! :lol:

Now anybody know what time the ticket booth opens?

Well when you go to the championship 5 or 6 years in a row, it is hard to think of any road game as more than a buisness trip. This team is truly a football machine. They have honed themselves into thinking and acting like a machine.

This does NOT mean they are taking Cookeville for granted. It is simply just another team in their way of another Championship. Call it cocky attitude or whatever, they go into EVERY game BELIEVING they will WIN! You do NOT play for Coach Rankin unless you BELIEVE.

Riverdale's buisness is football, and buisness is GOOD! :lol:

Now anybody know what time the ticket booth opens?

you need to try and get a ticket before you come to the game because word is right now they will be sold out before the booth opens

O.K. I am not disrespecting Cookeville, I actually lived there many years ago. But I have to say, Riverdale has every right to brag and be cocky. Believe to I am not a Riverdale fan!!! (OR Wildcats!). But until someone takes them down than it is their right! When has Cookeville won a title, much less four? Yes, you have the right to talk all the talk, but come Friday night when, and if Riverdale beats you, will everyone just disappear on the message board????? we shall see...........

God I love FOOTBALL!!!!

We were here after last year's loss to the Warriors.

We were here after the season opening OT loss to Ooltewah.

We will still be here after our next loss,whenever that might be.

Cookeville ain't gonna run & hide.

GO CAVS!!! :lol:

THE SQUAD :lol:

Edited by THE SQUAD

you need to try and get a ticket before you come to the game because word is right now they will be sold out before the booth opens

So there won't be ANY tickets @ the gate? :D

I've got mine but that would be hard to believe.

There will be thousands of angry people if that's the case.

GO CAVS!! :lol:

THE SQUAD :)

First off i did not mean any disrespect against cookebille and i am sorry if you took it that way....i can assure you that our boys will have plenty of emotion i disagree that it means a lot more to cookeville than it does riverdale for the simple fact they are both going for the same thing a state championship after last year when they won it the talk was about winning again next year so please dont think that our boys dont want it. What i meant as a business deal is that coach has showed them what they have to do to beat them and they are going to do their best to execute their game plan now we MAY lose but they will go in there wanting to get the job done

Again i apologize if the business thing offened you as that was not the intent

GO WARRIORS

First off i did not mean any disrespect against cookebille and i am sorry if you took it that way....i can assure you that our boys will have plenty of emotion i disagree that it means a lot more to cookeville than it does riverdale for the simple fact they are both going for the same thing a state championship after last year when they won it the talk was about winning again next year so please dont think that our boys dont want it. What i meant as a business deal is that coach has showed them what they have to do to beat them and they are going to do their best to execute their game plan now we MAY lose but they will go in there wanting to get the job done

Again i apologize if the business thing offened you as that was not the intent

GO WARRIORS

Well, when I played at RHS, honestly every game was like a business trip. Sometimes I couldn't even tell you who we were playing, but just to execute, hit, and beat the team with the different jersey. So with that being said, and I know GR has not changed his ways, I think the guys see this as just another playoff game that they have to win. I know GR does not want the guys to get caught up in all the hype that we make it on this site, and they make in the newspaper. And once they win, may it be ugly or pretty, on to the next team.

And to the person who wishes a RHS player gets hurt, man stay away from all sports, cause that ain't even cool. I hope that every Cookeville player, coach, cheerleader, referee, announcer, bus driver, and fan is 100%, cause I don't want any excuses for when RHS pulls the "upset".

Big, Big, BIG Road games for Riverdale's seniors since 2003:

2003 Quarterfinals vs. Lincoln Co. who was ranked #1

2003 Semi-Finals vs. Oak Ridge who should have been ranked #1

2004 No Contest

2005 Regular Season vs. Wilson Central - stadium filled at 5:00

Great Environments All! I'm sure the Warriors are anticipating this week's road game.