What will Tyler Smith do with out Giles Co.?

Page Fans

Last winter a found myself trying to tell the people aboard the fast moving Tyler Smith bandwagon that he was not ready for D1 basketball in the SEC and that he wouldn't get much playing time a UT. I even went as far as to say that he belonged in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC).

Well now I have to apologize because I was WRONG! Tyler Smith didn't even make it into the OVC. He didn't make into NCAA division I, II, or III. Heck, he's not even playing in the NAIA.

Although he originally signed with UT Knoxville, Tyler is now playing on a "Post-Graduate" team at a small military college in Virginia. It's called Hargrave Military Academy. They have produced a hand full of NBA players and many of their players do go on to play in the NCAA.

In conclusion, Tyler Smith was obviously not ready for the SEC although he does still have a chance to play at that level. But if he plays anything like he did down in Pulaski last year (sloppy and lazy), I think I will go ahead and pencil him in the Austin Peay line-up (or maybe TSU or TN Tech or UT Martin).

first of all to respond to the subheading of the topic, no you did not say it right, without should be one word, not two...and second of all why are you going to bash a kid that is not even playing high school here anymore, get over it man, he is a great ball player, who i had the pleasure of watching play on a few occasions and will make a big impact for a high d1 team in the years to come, there are plenty of kids that have gone to schools such as that the year after their high school senior season, from tennessee alone in football, demonte bolden and greg smith from tyner went to prep military academies for various reasons, and look where they are now, at tennessee and auburn...so just shutup with your hate and just hope your page team learns to play a little basketball

Guest catfish-hunter

Who is Tyler Smith??? :)

Are you kidding???? #34 from Giles Co. for the past four years. He led the Bobcats basketball program to a AA State Title back in 2002-2003. He signed a National Letter of Intent to play college basketball at the University of Tennessee but after Buzz got fired and Pearl was hired things fell through. Tyler no longer wanted to play at UT since Buzz was gone but Pearl wouldn't help him out, therefore Tyler is now attending a prep school (I believe it's in Virginia although I'm not 100% sure) and he'll be playing D-I college basketball in 2006-2007.

Do you mean to tell me that you never saw one of those threads of Tyler dunking on Brandan Wright (Brentwood Academy) last year at Vandy?????

Last winter a found myself trying to tell the people aboard the fast moving Tyler Smith bandwagon that he was not ready for D1 basketball in the SEC and that he wouldn't get much playing time a UT. I even went as far as to say that he belonged in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC).

Well now I have to apologize because I was WRONG! Tyler Smith didn't even make it into the OVC. He didn't make into NCAA division I, II, or III. Heck, he's not even playing in the NAIA.

Although he originally signed with UT Knoxville, Tyler is now playing on a "Post-Graduate" team at a small military college in Virginia. It's called Hargrave Military Academy. They have produced a hand full of NBA players and many of their players do go on to play in the NCAA.

In conclusion, Tyler Smith was obviously not ready for the SEC although he does still have a chance to play at that level. But if he plays anything like he did down in Pulaski last year (sloppy and lazy), I think I will go ahead and pencil him in the Austin Peay line-up (or maybe TSU or TN Tech or UT Martin).

You obviously have sour grapes toward Tyler Smith. You are way off base with your assessment.

Are you kidding???? #34 from Giles Co. for the past four years. He led the Bobcats basketball program to a AA State Title back in 2002-2003. He signed a National Letter of Intent to play college basketball at the University of Tennessee but after Buzz got fired and Pearl was hired things fell through. Tyler no longer wanted to play at UT since Buzz was gone but Pearl wouldn't help him out, therefore Tyler is now attending a prep school (I believe it's in Virginia although I'm not 100% sure) and he'll be playing D-I college basketball in 2006-2007.

Do you mean to tell me that you never saw one of those threads of Tyler dunking on Brandan Wright (<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>) last year at Vandy?????

What's VANDY?? :huh: