who's the best pg in east tn

primetimeplayer10

this i think would be a great topic to talk about and i was just wondering why neither dye or white get the respect they deserve. i have played with sharp and dye and both are tremedous players but really play two different types of pg. i have only seen white play a few times and every time he has impressed me. so just thoughts on your few of who the best is

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Sharp is the man. I have been watching High school B-Ball around Knoxville for 40 years and I can't recall a better player. I have seen the likes of John Johnson, Denton Jones, The England brothers, Billy Justice, Travis Henry, etc... and Sahrp can hold his on with any of these guys.

Edited by bigcatt2

Jordan Roth from Karns...He wont put up the flashy scoring numbers like Sharp, White, or Dye but handles the ball very well and can manage the game and the team. He knocks down the open shots when givin to him.He is also a tremendous passer and always finds the open man.

Its hard to pick a favorite between Sharp, White, and Dye because they all have different styles of playing the game.What do u think of Hargis from Powell?

this i think would be a great topic to talk about and i was just wondering why neither dye or white get the respect they deserve. i have played with sharp and dye and both are tremedous players but really play two different types of pg. i have only seen white play a few times and every time he has impressed me. so just thoughts on your few of who the best is

According to Andre Whitehead's unapproved website.com rankings:

East TN Point Gurads in the top 100 in their class:

Seniors:

1) Tony White Jr, Bearden #54

2) Randall Smith, Red Bank #76

3) Matt Parton, Catholic #81

4) Deshaud Johnson, TN High # 88

5) Jared Laverdiere, Anderson Co #89

6) Adam Plavich, Baylor #92

next five over top 100 --Jonathon Dye, Clinton; Jeremy Shannon, Wartburg; BJ Ware, Bearden; Andy Cooper, Sequoyah; Adam Vespie, Temple.....

Juniors:

1) Cameron Sharp, Halls #19

2) Coti Sensabaugh, Dobyns Bennett #61

3) Russell McNeil, Soddy Daisy #66

4) Dartrell Shropshire, Howard #89

next 2 -- Matt Hargis, Powell #109; Jordan Roth, Karns #125

Sophomores:

1) Jordan Damron, Maryville #29

2) Danny Schultz, Oliver Springs #51

3) Jared Stephens, Oak Ridge #52

4) Ryan Walden, Catholic #59

5) Casey Browder, McMinn Central #88

next pg -- Shannon Hollingsworth, Fulton...

Jeremy Shulman's Rankings were just recently released. He runs the Mid State Ballerz program and has been ranking kids for coacht for about 5 years under the screen name gomab2:

Matt Parton, Catholic, top senior point guard from East TN at #42 overall

Cameron Sharp, Halls, top junior point guard from ET at #30 juniors

Russell McNeal, Soddy Daisy, #49 junior class

Jordan Damron, Maryville, #22 sophomore class

the rankings are a joke. if you can tell me that there are 80 players in the state of tn that are better then dye i would like to hear them. andre favors players from middle and west tn. i could care less what the preseason rankings are we will all see this year who is the best cause more then likely they will all there face each other sometime this year. but all the players that have been mentioned on here are good players i have not got to see the kid from fulton play and did he get any pt on the varsity team last year at fulton. but the style of play of the three i mentioned are very different as someone pointed out but still no one has pointed out who they think is the best of the 3. there also is no way that some of the kids that are listed on your post chill are better then dye and you even know that for a fact. bottom line dye plays his game and dont have to go be buddy buddy after the game to get his ranking. take that how you want to

You ever watch Scott Robinson from Fulton

You ever watch Scott Robinson from Fulton

Yes. Excellent shooter! He was playing when Fulton was still in that cracker box of a gym. I remember him playing at the boys club.

Leonard Hardin ring a bell. How about Ron Widby?

Dickie Scates from Halls.

Anyway back to the subject. Cameron Sharp is outstanding. White is very good. Hargis is solid. Many are very good high school players. But Sharp has the game that can make him successful on the next level.

Cameron Sharp is the best in the Knoxville area and E. Tn. Cameron hurts you scoring and when you slow him down he fines the open man. Cameron makes his teammates better.

I feel that Dye is primarily a scorer. A better 2 guard than a one. The times I have seen him play he is not as effective when he isn't scoring. Dye is no doupt a wonderful player and I agree the rankings are alot about reputation and politics. Dye is much better than given credit.

My idea backcourt would be Sharp at 1 and Dye at 2. What a headache they would present for other teams. There would be some nights they both would get 30.

Now excuse my ignorance but I am not familiar with the "White" kid you guys are mentioning.

Can't really go wrong with any of them...

In the past Dye and White have had more help around them, whereas Camron hasn't really had that much talent around him. They all are very good scorers and passers. Tony has a tendency to to get out of control but he does a lot on the defensive end, and his shot is much improved since his sophomore season. Camron is a prolific scorer and seems to get in the lane with ease. I dont think he is as good of a ballhandler as White or Dye. I would probably say Dye is the better of the three because he seems to have complete control of the game and I haven't really noticed many bad things about him. I think he is underrated and he is showing more and more signs of his older brother Dedrick.

Like I said...cant go wrong with any of them