Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

[quote name='milpks' date='Nov 28 2005 - 09:25 AM' post='825848888']

congrats to murville, although this is not the best team u guys have produced in the past years u did well enough to go to state. as for your players i was not totally impressed with ryan tallent. his best aspect is he is explosive. maples on the other hand will be gracing south bin's increadibly long grass with his cleats ( or so i have heard) his speed is ridiculous and he has good hands. and the fact that he is scared to death to get hit adds ability to make people miss. the defense is way undersized, but effective nonetheless, however if we had a d 1 wide out there would have been a different outcome. The DB's prooved to be very hardnosed against the run.

Just curious....what was not impressive about Tallent? He ran around...past....and through your defense..... plus he is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and you saw what he does with the ball after the catch. Not too many highschool backs better than Tallent.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm ready to move on to Melrose now. There's not much more to discuss here.

If motown was not impressed with Tallent, Maple and the Rebels, then they have little or no ability to judge football talent and execution and perhaps that is why they thought they could beat us with a dated one-dimensional attack and paleolithic speed.

If motown thinks this game was a hiccup and that on another day they would have been the better team, then they are again sadly mistaken as motown was only the 3rd or 4th toughest competitor we've seen this season.

If motown thinks that our fans are classless, then they are simply hypocrites who turn a blind eye to their own. There are bad apples in every bunch. But as long as we are casting stones: yeah Gary flexed on your team, but he didn't throw a nasty late hit out of bounds like motown did (it was either number #50 or #60...one of the big guys) or get in the face of every guy who came near him like #7 did...let it go. He made a big play at a crucial time and got excited. It's one thing to react during a big moment and it's another to sustain that behavior through the duration of a game.

The longer we dwell on this subject, the more likely it is to turn bitterly negative and debase the class of us all. motown was worth our friday night on the field, they are not worth spending any further discussion. On to the Boro...

the late hit was on jameer, #5, get your facts strait. me or bussie didnt hit anyone, we just stood there, watch it on film.

I don't have the luxury of film review and have to rely on what I saw and my memory. I guess I should have categorized that as what I thought I saw. I guess those two jerseys just stood out next to the others b/c they were so much bigger and that's what I noticed walking away from the sidelines.

I didn't mean to disparage the character of anyone, but you really should relax a little bit...

and for the record papa chaos, we were impressed with tallent and maples. miller parks doesnt play he is sitting in the stands.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I guess we're all just spectators now.

Tell me this hasn't become a rivalry...two whole days, pounds of leftover turkey and an elusive UT win later and we're STILL talkin about this game...classic.

Hey KevB...I'd rather be lucky as good any day bud. Your just angry uncle HOMER ate all your left over turkey :)

Cheap shots? Like your comments on my new hairdo Raider...I'm still crying...:)

Good luck to the Trojans in the off season.

I hope this record setting season will shut up the leather lungs amongst your fan base that crop up every other year or so and want Coach Woods fired. Y'all (y'all= the leather lungs) need to get a life!!

congrats to murville, although this is not the best team u guys have produced in the past years u did well enough to go to state. as for your players i was not totally impressed with ryan tallent. his best aspect is he is explosive. maples on the other hand will be gracing south bin's increadibly long grass with his cleats ( or so i have heard) his speed is ridiculous and he has good hands. and the fact that he is scared to death to get hit adds ability to make people miss. the defense is way undersized, but effective nonetheless, however if we had a d 1 wide out there would have been a different outcome. The DB's prooved to be very hardnosed against the run.

milpks, this isn't a dig, but I think that is a media induced opinion. This team is just as good as past teams, it's just different than past teams. Where some teams in our past had more offense or dfense, this team is unique...that's all.

If you were to line MHS 04 and MHS 05 up against one another...it would be a very close ballgame. Not sure who Ryan Tallent would play for though :) maybe he could be "all-time" runningback haha

I don't have the luxury of film review and have to rely on what I saw and my memory. I guess I should have categorized that as what I thought I saw. I guess those two jerseys just stood out next to the others b/c they were so much bigger and that's what I noticed walking away from the sidelines.

I didn't mean to disparage the character of anyone, but you really should relax a little bit...

Thanks for the clarification on that. I guess we're all just spectators now.

i'm relaxed, that raider dude just made me mad mentioning that i'd cheap shot someone or whatever. its cool tho.

and rebel nation, just ignore what anyone says about them rebels. i'll strait up tell anyone there the best team in the state. good luck to you guys.