Brandon Warren Ejected?!?!?!?!?!

krakatoa

WHOA Nelly

you was not at the game so you did not see what the refs had warned him about. he had other things that could have been called but was not. like swinging at a defender after the pass was broken up. kicking at the QB while he was down on the ground. I did see the ref talk to him after one of these occured as if he was warning him so I guess he called there bluff and was fooled. so with that. I think Mr Warren deserves whatever he gets. if all is over at high school then so be it. the kid has to learn to control. as for the penalty , it is a rule and what he done was considered tauting which is an unsportsman like conduct penalty and it was his second. you think it was a BS call, well it is on film and on the news. are you asking because this kid is BW that the refs over look it. we got our buts handed to us in the fourth quarter and you do not hear us crying about the refs. I think it was a fair called game.

I understand 100% the pressure that is put on a ref, and I know they have to make quick decisive decisions, it is not an easy job. That said, I think the call is excessive from the plya I saw on the news. However, I was not at the game so I do not know about warnings that may have took place. Can anyone clarify the warnings for me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA Nelly

you was not at the game so you did not see what the refs had warned him about. he had other things that could have been called but was not. like swinging at a defender after the pass was broken up. kicking at the QB while he was down on the ground. I did see the ref talk to him after one of these occured as if he was warning him so I guess he called there bluff and was fooled. so with that. I think Mr Warren deserves whatever he gets. if all is over at high school then so be it. the kid has to learn to control. as for the penalty , it is a rule and what he done was considered tauting which is an unsportsman like conduct penalty and it was his second. you think it was a BS call, well it is on film and on the news. are you asking because this kid is BW that the refs over look it. we got our buts handed to us in the fourth quarter and you do not hear us crying about the refs. I think it was a fair called game.

Of course you'd think the refs called a fair game; the calls went your way!!!! But Alcoa still prevailed and won!!! That shows you what kind of team Alcoa is!

I was at the game, and I didn't see any kind of "warnings". What I saw was a lot of taunting to our boys to try to get someone ejected. Hopefully the call will get appealed.

It didn't appear that Brandon "spun" the ball, it was more like a "flip" to get it out of his hands. I looked at it several times, and that's what it looked like to me. I guess when you're one of the best in the state, people will do everything they can to get you down.

i totally i agree with you. i was fed up with him acting like a thug, like hes better than everyone else, he deserves what he gets, what goes aroung comes around. the game was fairly called and my team lost, but i still think the refs did an excellent job, my question is why celebrate like that when your team is up like they were, that was selfish of him to put him self above his team, now i guess he will pay for his actions. well i guess thats one less tremendous athlete we wont hafta worry about for basketball.

Yea why celebrate like that when his team was up by so much...What were they up? 7-14 points??? He got Tossed for a bs call. Ive seen players do worse on every level of of football and get nothing. He didnt kick the qb in the head either when you run 4.5 speed and full sprint and the guy falls in front of you with about 3-4 ft stopping distance and you are 6'1'' 220lbs its gonna be hard to stop. Everybody thinks this is "funny" and you get what you deserve for scoring 91 points on a team. Obviously these people were in the band or something. They dont know what its like walking off the field knowing you played your last game. I saw BW almost if not in tears on the sidelines. You dont know what that feeling is like. No its not FSU, no its not the Falcons or Titans..Its the Tornadoes. I along with hundreds or thousands of other males were not drafted or recruited to play for Tornadoes. We were bread to be Tornadoes. From Peewees to Midgets to Middle school to High school. We were Maroon and Silver and TRUE Tornadoes stand by each other. In a 7 point game the 15yd penalty was punishment enough against

Alcoa. Nobody in 2a has been able to even slow the Tornadoes down so now the refs are gonna try and do it. Its us against the world and I may not be on that field any longer but I will go down with those Tornadoes fighting. Its proven time after time when you back Alcoa against a wall they come out swinging (ask Loudon) The games will be close but all the refs did is cement that 2A Gold Ball in Blount County and the City of Alcoa because now we want it more then anyone in this state does!

I was at the game and Brandon Warren did nothing to be ejected from the game. Yes he was guilty of an infraction worthy of a flag, but not ejection.

yes he did...after two unsprortsmanlike calls aginest you then you are thrown out...and he had that little fight with a loudon player early in the game and that ball spining thing

Sorry for Alcoa, but the rules are the rules. Looks like most want to overlook this situation (Again) because of who this kid is/was on the football field.

If the Alcoa faithful and players are really going to whine and cry about everyone picking on them and targeting their team simply because they have a good team, welcome to Maryville's world. Why do they not curtail those thug like actions? True champions keep their emotions in check until a more appropriate time. I looked at the tape of that primadonna display by Warren in the end zone, and spinning the ball on the ground then dancing around or near it is a form of a spiked ball. That is a violation, period! Then when you confront the official face to face giving him your opinion, who do you think is going to lose in that situation?

I was not there but I know people who were, and this time there is public film. I can tell you Warren made his own problems and again has let his team and school down by acting like a thug. No one player is bigger than TEAM, just ask T.O.

Why wait for basketball season, he just leave for FSU now if they still want him.

Sad to see

I"ve been watching high school football for 29 years and have never seen a player ejected once, much less twice. When something like this happens, it's a direct reflection on the head coach and how much control he really has with his team.

Warren sits out the Maryville game becausee TSSAA said to. The Alcoa coach should have set him out the following week as well for violating team rules (A team should have team rules). If the Alcoa coach does that, then this probably would have never happened again.

This one's on the coach. JMHO

For the record and the Loudon fans who are trying to put a different spin on this thing , It was 7-0 when Brandon was ejected. Alcoa score 3 touchdowns , after he was ejected. I will not defend Brandon on this one. He brought it on himself. This is detracting from what was a fantastic high school football game. :)

Sorry for Alcoa, but the rules are the rules. Looks like most want to overlook this situation (Again) because of who this kid is/was on the football field.

If the Alcoa faithful and players are really going to whine and cry about everyone picking on them and targeting their team simply because they have a good team, welcome to Maryville's world. Why do they not curtail those thug like actions? True champions keep their emotions in check until a more appropriate time. I looked at the tape of that primadonna display by Warren in the end zone, and spinning the ball on the ground then dancing around or near it is a form of a spiked ball. That is a violation, period! Then when you confront the official face to face giving him your opinion, who do you think is going to lose in that situation?

I was not there but I know people who were, and this time there is public film. I can tell you Warren made his own problems and again has let his team and school down by acting like a thug. No one player is bigger than TEAM, just ask T.O.

Why wait for basketball season, he just leave for FSU now if they still want him.

Sad to see

Good post. What has he been doing the rest of the season? Has he had other incidents during the year besides the two ejections?

Good post. What has he been doing the rest of the season? Has he had other incidents during the year besides the two ejections?

I have talked to a few officials that I have known for years and there have been some other incidents that can only confirm in my opinion the kid was going run into trouble sooner or later. I agree it is a lick on the coach. Kids need to know how to conduct themselves and a coach should be able to handle all players regardless of talent level by holding them accountable. That has not happened therefore the team suffers.

It is sad that this team's year will be marred by these events.