Hats off to Lexington Fans

Augielio

HATS OFF TO LEXINGTON FANS--and I mean that.

This is a dark time, but Iwant to praise you people who have been on message board this past week predicting a victory over Lipscomb. You were dead wrong, of course, but you were wrong in a way that high school football fans should be wrong--in loyalty and support of your hometown team. Your team had a great year, and you are great fans. It is not good to be blinded to facts in this world, but if one must be blinded by facts, it is good to lose your "sight" in support of the young men of your community. No one should fault you for that. Take your medicine--AND THEN, NEXT YEAR, COME BACK AND SUPPORT YOUR TIGERS AGAIN. High school football is about blocking and tackling--and dedication to a team which represents a community.

I had seen both Lexington and Lipscomb play on film, and there was no doubt about where the superiority lay. Lexington was totally vulnerable to the trap and its offensive line could not handle Lipscomb's smaller, quicker down linemen.

Lexington had no passing attack, and everyone except Lexington's fans knew it--and, as I have indicated, they can be forgiven. It is so easy get carried away about a team when you watch them every week--and don't watch any other good teams. Region 6 3-A was very weak; there were no Lipscombs in sight.

Coach Lindsey is an excellent coach, and Lexington has an excellent program, and they will continue to be a good football school.

I can't decide if you are being serious, trying to slam Lexington fans, or both. My guess is both.

I meant it. I was really impressed by the number of postings and the faith you had in your team. I am a former assistant coach, scout, recruiter and (try to be)

a student of the game. Given a choice between knowledgeable fans and dedicated fans, any community will be better off with the latter. I would settle for Lexington's fans at every high school in Tennessee.

HATS OFF TO LEXINGTON FANS--and I mean that.

This is a dark time, but Iwant to praise you people who have been on message board this past week predicting a victory over Lipscomb. You were dead wrong, of course, but you were wrong in a way that high school football fans should be wrong--in loyalty and support of your hometown team. Your team had a great year, and you are great fans. It is not good to be blinded to facts in this world, but if one must be blinded by facts, it is good to lose your "sight" in support of the young men of your community. No one should fault you for that. Take your medicine--AND THEN, NEXT YEAR, COME BACK AND SUPPORT YOUR TIGERS AGAIN. High school football is about blocking and tackling--and dedication to a team which represents a community.

I had seen both Lexington and Lipscomb play on film, and there was no doubt about where the superiority lay. Lexington was totally vulnerable to the trap and its offensive line could not handle Lipscomb's smaller, quicker down linemen.

Lexington had no passing attack, and everyone except Lexington's fans knew it--and, as I have indicated, they can be forgiven. It is so easy get carried away about a team when you watch them every week--and don't watch any other good teams. Region 6 3-A was very weak; there were no Lipscombs in sight.

Coach Lindsey is an excellent coach, and Lexington has an excellent program, and they will continue to be a good football school.

Man, just save all that stuff. DL was the better team, DL won, move to the next team. Theres still questions to be answered in this town and nobody wants to hear that you thought Lexington was vulnerable to the trap. In case you didnt know, the whole town was at the game, and guess what, we all know we got beat by the trap and the misdirection. Ironic since Stowe only ran those same plays for 25+ years. So enjoy your win, I hope Convington brings the gold ball to West Tn, but if you beat them I'm pulling for you guys. And I dont have to be sarcastic to get my point across. You are more or less calling us ignorant becuase we are blinded by our teams untested success. Even if we beat the #2 & 4 teams in 5-3a, the # 3 team in 7-4a,the # 3 team in 6-2a, and #4 team in 8 3a that also knocked of AP# 1 Undefeated #1 seed Dyersburg. I guess the only thing that we was blinded by was the fact that DL fans welcomed us nicely and we could have enjoyable conversation with them at the game while being pounded, but we get on here and theres the few of you that have to be.............I dont want to be rude so you can fill in that blank.

Edited by montague1

Man, just save all that stuff. DL was the better team, DL won, move to the next team. Theres still questions to be answered in this town and nobody wants to hear that you thought Lexington was vulnerable to the trap. In case you didnt know, the whole town was at the game, and guess what, we all know we got beat by the trap and the misdirection. Ironic since Stowe only ran those same plays for 25+ years. So enjoy your win, I hope Convington brings the gold ball to West Tn, but if you beat them I'm pulling for you guys. And I dont have to be sarcastic to get my point across. You are more or less calling us ignorant becuase we are blinded by our teams untested success. Even if we beat the #2 & 4 teams in 5-3a, the # 3 team in 7-4a,the # 3 team in 6-2a, and #4 team in 8 3a that also knocked of AP# 1 Undefeated #1 seed Dyersburg. I guess the only thing that we was blinded by was the fact that DL fans welcomed us nicely and we could have enjoyable conversation with them at the game while being pounded, but we get on here and theres the few of you that have to be.............I dont want to be rude so you can fill in that blank.

I am sorry you took my comments in the way that you did. I am not from Lipscomb. In fact, I am from West Tennessee, and I would have liked to have seen Lexington win the game. I don't think Covington has any chance against

Lipscomb. The Covington offense is not as good as Lexington's, although their defense may be better--and quicker. I am a former coach and I knew Jim Stowe back when he coached there. I will close this discussion (which has gone too long) by reminding you that I wrote, "I'll settle for fans like Lexington's at every high school in Tennessee."